What's new

Your favourite (and most hated) Theme Park Hotels/Accomodation

spicy

Giga Poster
Stayed in quite a few-

Disneyland Paris -

Disneyland Hotel Paris.
Expensive but I love this hotel. Can't beat literally staying at the gates of a Magic Kingdom park and having dinner in the evening with a view of the castle is magical. The Cafe Fantasia bar area is also really nice with the piano playing Disney tunes whilst relaxing with a drink or two. Rooms are fine but are in need of a refurb for the price. Pool areas also nice here and there is a nice garden area to sunbathe in the summer. The decor at Christmas is stunning.

Hotel New York
Nice enough but rooms definitely needed it's Marvel refurb and it was looking very 90's. The new modern look will suit it well.

Sequoia Lodge.
Best bar area in DLP in the winter with the huge log fire, really nice place to chill after a long day at the parks. Rooms are nice enough but make sure you stay in the main hotel building and not in one of the out buildings.

Newport Bay
Whole hotel was recently refurbished and it was really looking great - the best room to stay in at DLP at the moment. Breakfast here was chaos though, much more relaxed at the other hotels

Saratoga Springs Resort
Lovely hotel and only a short boat ride or walk to Disney Springs which is great for evenings out on property.

Orlando -
Disney's Swan Hotel.
Rooms are nice and only a short boat ride to Epcot or the Studios which is a plus here. Don't think I would stay here again though too expensive and just feels like a generic hotel that could be anywhere.

Universal's Cabana Bay
Awesome hotel and so cheap. Great pool area and they show Universal movies at night by a big fire pit too which is a nice touch. Only paid around £70 a night here, highly recommend it.

Spain -
Hotel Port Aventura
Stayed here in 2008 and it was great. Food at the buffet was amazing too. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I am going to visit PA again.

Germany -
Heide Park
Stayed here when it was called the Hotel Port Royal. Not sure how much it has changed but it was highly themed and we had a great stay, would highly recommend it.

UK-
Chessington hotel
Stayed here when it first opened as a holiday inn, it was a good enough experience and the pool area was ok. Remember it being quite expensive though.

Alton Towers hotel
Always stay here when visiting AT, I actually like it the dragon bar and secret garden restaurant was good and can't beat the AP discount on all food and drinks if you are staying here for a few nights, the savings really rack up.

Splash Landings
Buffet breakfast being the plus here was amazing when I stayed. Rooms are decorated brightly and in your face but it's all part of the theme. Not my choice of hotel when staying at Towers but it's definitely a better option than the Enchanted Village.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I think my favourite is Western Camp Resort... I haven’t stopped in much park accommodation, usually opting for a cheap airbnb or booking.com option... But I think I even prefer it to Matamba which is the other candidate.

Middle of the road would be Liseberg Heden, basic but does the job :)

Bottom would be Europa-Park Camp Resort... I was expecting Western Camp, what you get should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Western Camp... OK so I know I should have read up more, but it’s still not worth the money, had I known what I know now I’d have opted for a Hotel for very little more. PLUS they had the cheek to call me and accuse me of Smoking in my cabin!!!! I haven’t smoked in ten years, and only had my kids with me (so wouldn’t have smoked indoors even ten years ago!) Bloody Nerve!!!

Clearly a cleaner or staff member had a crafty fag, some time between our extremely early departure and the room being checked, and we got the blame!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Only stayed in one, being Liseberg Grand Curiosa. Would argue it's probably my favourite hotel I've stayed in. The rooftop views of the park, the fantastic rooms, every single staff member was a joy to interact with, quality food. It simply has everything and sets an extremely high bar for any future park accommodation I might stay in.