What's new

Your Favorite Theme Park Moments

Hutch

Strata Poster
I was just looking through some of my old trip reports that I did a year or two back, reliving some of the fun memories I had at theme parks. Some of these memories and past moments just bring to myself to joy, and I thought this could be a nice idea for a thread: sharing a handful of your absolute favorite moments and fond memories at a theme park that may have sentimental value. It can be as specific or as general as you want. Whether it's experiencing an amazing coaster element, walking through the gates of a new park, or simply having a grand ass time with friends and family.

Here are some of my personal favorites.

- My older brother being a total ass**** and unbuckling my seatbelt just before the first drop on Yankee Cannonball. It made for a wild yet terrifying experience!

- My entire Cedar Point trip as a whole. Not necessarily of the rides, but it was with my family and plenty of relatives. With 15+ of us it was just a fun time for **** and giggles. That's part of the reason why it's still my favorite park.

- Going up Boulder Dash's lift hill for the first time. I don't think I've ever had a bigger smile on my face and at the time it was my most anticipated coaster ever. So much excitement.

- Skyrush whoring at night with walk ons. Yes it's the best ride in the world but it was also just another overly exciting and special time for me.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
-Goliath(SFGAm) for the first time in the back row on opening.
-SkyRush at night
-Being the last rider on American Eagle at night, which left me in the park an hour after closing, then walking to the front of the park with nobody else and all the lights on.
-ERTing Raging Bull 15 times in a row in back seat without leaving the seat, and meeting a local enthusiast.
-ERT on Space Mountain(WDW)
-Riding Tower of Terror into tomorrow.

There's a bunch more, but those are pretty notable.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
-Riding Goliath 3 times in a row without waiting while there was a 2 hour wait because a very generous lady let me ride with her because she had a Platinum Flash Pass for 2 people (her son didn't want to ride). I was in the single rider queue and got paired with her and she asked if I wanted to go again, and again after that. Bless
-Marathoning Patriot at Worlds of Fun for 30 rides for the whole day (somewhere in that range, don't remember the exact amount), including 15 rides in a row to end the day.
-Goliath at night 2 times in a row (they had a double ride night), 2 nights in a row.
-When I was able to ride Raging Bull 4 times in a row due to the most nonchalant Flash Pass employee ever letting me skip the line (1 hour wait) because I was a single rider. Didn't find out until later in the day that Bull does not actually have a single rider queue, just that employee did not give a f**k. Win.
-Marathoning Superman at SFGAm 8 times in a row because single rider queue (legit this time lol)
-New Texas Giant 7 times in one day

Smithy

Strata Poster
Front row rides on Shambhala and Helix at sunset after the ride has warmed up all day.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
-First ride on Goliath. First exposure to ejector airtime <3

-First time entering Phantasialand. Breathtaking.

-First CF 'live' in Plopsaland and meeting everybody there.

-Any night time ride on Helix.

-The day in Gröna Lund last summer had so many wonderful little moments that as a day it was amazing entirely.

-Whoring Silver Star in the evening last year October.

-Troy night ride during Halloween.

-Baron 1898 Media event

andrus

Giga Poster
Snoo said:
ERT on SkyRush was fun.. especially in the total dark. :)
Second that! Amazing ride made even more mazing at night :--D (and by not having to queue.. )

abc555

Roller Poster
For me it has to be first trip to Portaventura with my girlfriend - she'd never been on a roller coaster or to a proper park before and our first two rides were on Bacco (before it was super rough) and on Hurakan condor and her reaction to both was priceless - sheer shock on bacco and she loved condor!

- she'd been to lots of parks with me since so thankfully didnt put her off!!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
- Being first rider on Tatsu
- KI trip with Snoo clan, Hyde, and my wife. Easily best day I've ever had at a park without riding anything. Such a blast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Without a doubt the moment that always sticks out for me is the time I was about to join a 2 and a half hour queue for Soarin and some random woman came up to us and offered us fastpass tickets because she was leaving. Saviour!

Also seeing a Disney castle for the first time was pretty special, one of those always dreamed of moments.

First time on Shambhala was probably the first time I really thought "Hell yea I really love rollercoasters".

Helix, backrow at sunset. Just insane!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
- My 100th roller coaster at SFMM (Revolution), which was capped off by my first ride on X2 at the end of the day.
- Being first riders of the 2005 Cedar Point season on Magnum with Snoo. That was a comically slow day at the park.
- Attending the Gatekeeper Media Day with ECG and getting some great interviews on record.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A few which spring to mind...

-Swarm's media night.
-Face it Alone at Thorpe.
-First time visiting Efteling.
-Winning a teddy that was larger than me on one of those stupidly difficult ring toss games at Thorpe when I was 3 (quite possibly my oldest memory) <3
-Lift hill climbs on Swarm, Colossus and Inferno

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Has to be the Thorpe CF live a couple years back where we got the Swarm ERT, mainly so I can brag about being one of the first to ride it front row at night! Being allowed into the control room was also fun.

Ben

CF Legend
Oh God this list...

- Night ERT on Boulder Dash
- ERT on Ravine Flyer II in a casual storm, with lightning over the bay
- Carrie Underwood coming on the radio as I rocked up to Cedar Point for the first time haha
- Riding X2 for the first time
- Visiting Disneyland California for the first time
- Riding Extreme Rusher cause, that launch though
- Nemesis at night last year
- SKYRUSH (the ride and yelling it at entheewwwsiasts)
- All the RMCs
- Riding the kiddie at Canada's Wonderland with a **** OSCAR WINNER
- Casually commuting from London to Boulder Dash in a day
- Getting Clacton's Go Gator
- Helix/the whole Sweden live in 2014
- Proper old school **** like the American Adventure live in 2005

I can't list them all I've been doing this **** like 13 years.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Probably my first abroad trip, I went to Europa with my boyfriend and we got given evening passes for the last hour or so of the day in the park which was a surprise in itself as I thought we'd have to wait till the next morning. Walking in was just 'WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' so amazing and the fact we then had three whole park days and were staying in one of the park hotels was just EPIC.

Best moment EVERRRR.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
The whole of the Italy Live
The whole of the Japan trip
Visiting WDW for the first time and riding Space Mountain
Riding Montu, my first B&M Invert
Katun back row
Helix front row at night
Vampire at night covered in glow sticks at GF
Riding Dodonpa