What's new

Yes we have been to Thorpe yet again

Beans

Hyper Poster
We had a good day.

Started with Inferno, start with best 1st, and our luck was in, as they let us in Park 5 mins early, nobody went to Inferno and we go front row, whole train to ourselves and this x3 as nobody turned up, and only running one train we thought this was good.

Next we did Stealth, this was also empty(you can guess where everyone had gone), we did 2 front rows then a following 10 rides in single rider. We didn't have to try as as soon as we got off one train we were back on the next.
Left Stealth around 11.30 and headed for Saw, queue was about an hour so we did single rider and this was empty, we were the only 2 going around doing single so did it 10 times, a lot of times being put on together as well as we had no bags it was easier for the host to put us on than call for 2's in queue. Had a conversation with Ali for a while, We left here around 1.40, but the last 20mins was spent in station whilst they did daily maintenance checks.
Next KFC, and sat in Stealth area eating.
After KFC we went to Rush and did a couple round on here, short queue, next Vortex, short queue here too.
Collie followed and Leigh tried to squeeze into back row(14) and as he had insulted Colossus saying it sounded like a shopping trolley, it beat him up, came off worse. To get revenge we did it again row 13 this time and we won much better ride.
Leigh was going to try Samauria but it was broken so we went back to Saw and single was empty again, got round a further 3 times which now means we have done it 50 times since opening. Paid for it though bothe felt awful as it seemed a bit rougher than morning.
Most of the effects were working, except Billy puppet, he seems to have lost his voice and just came down and moved his mouth. It actually worked as it was erie watching him just sitting there trying to talk, this was only thing not working though.
We were a little G'Forced out now so went and did one more on Rush then over to Inferno for the end of the day.
Ewan was in fine spirits and we got the last 5 rides on here final 3 being front row thanks to Ewan and Holly, he reminded us of Ians birthday and and kept giving us stick. He did his usual final ride of the day thing and this time we didn't do oggi oggi oggi, we did"Every one sing Wayoo", to which everyone did say Wayoo at the top of the lift and the people on the ground looked up at us as if we had gone mad. :lol:

Had a chat to Ewan and staff before we finally left for home.

Journey home however was another story, took us 2 hours because of Accy on M25 and Dorking bridgeworks, plus home stretch had to make detour and road was too busy.

Ride count. Not varied but we enjoyed what rides we did and where our fav hosts were.

Saw 13 (yay we have now got to 50)
Stealth 12 (2 front)
Inferno 8 (6 front)
Collie 2
Rush 3
Vortex 1

Beans

Hyper Poster
We did have a head start on 13th March when we did 15 in 4 hours.

We have however said 10 is max from now on as over that hurts too much.
One of the hosts are keeping an eye on our Saw count as well, she said keep a tally and keep them informed, not sure why but we are.

On ride Video wasn't working either today.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Just realised I am an idiot, have put this in wrong topic, please forgive amd if someone could move it would be much oblidged, a big sorry.

Must have been drive home.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
My vision went blurry after 13 rides on it...I do not recommend riding it that much, nor leaving the restraint 6 inches from your legs! haha

I thought it was better without Billy talking. More errie. And Lol at Saw playing WWTP in the station! The link must be screwing about.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Lol. Try doing Rage 27 times in a day. You start to feel really light headed and dehydrated because of the forces. And lol at the WWTP in the station.:p
I know it may be more eerie without Jigsaw talking but if you can't hear him most riders won't notice he's there. Quite a few people have come out and I've gone did you see Jigsaw at the start? and they're like no. And then I said, ok but you must of seen the giant swinging axes? And they still said they didn't see anything....
...They were sitting in the back row. Which is what I hate about the ride. The back row is crap as you can't see anything clearly inside. Also the indoor MCBR is random and crap. My idea is much better (A-kid knows my awesome idea) :).

Beans

Hyper Poster
Leigh has done Rage 25 times on New Years Day this year and felt no effects at all, I however stopped at 19, felt sicky

Thanks Ian for moving topic.

marc

CF Legend
Ollie there you go you have just said the theming does not work :)

Sounds like a good day, I was going to book today off work to pop down there but forgot :(

Will have to do a trip soon though, why is it when we go we can never get a ride count like you 2 lol.

Beans

Hyper Poster
It was midweek Marc, and although there were quite a few coach loads, everyone went for Saw, mostly kids/teenagers who wanted to ride with friends, and the fact they are now running Fastrack on Saw, we just made the most of opportunities and timing was good as well.

Mind you Stealth and Saws single rider didn't really get more than 10 people in at time and with good hosts, they were letting more than one single through to fill gaps, lots of Chavs who freaked by not riding with there friends.

As I said they saved more time by putting singles through who didn't have bags to check in so helping throughput. And Saw run faultlessly on 8 trains, and Stealth was on 2 trains and flying over, batching was very quick, so we were just lucky the staff were on the ball.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Collie was the longest next to Saw right out near lake, but we waited til last couple of hours when most of the coaches seemed to go and got round twice in 15 mins.

Jools

Giga Poster
Happens all the time :lol:
But we have to remember, most people go to thorpe to ride Colossus because of the "ten loopz blud".