What's new

Wuxi Sunac Land | Soaring With Eagle | B&M Wing Coaster/Mack Blue Fire Clone

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
As nice as that is, I'm sick to death of Chinese theme parks themed to China. They're all starting to look the same. How insular do you have to be to theme s**t to your own f**king country?

Over it to be honest.

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
As nice as that is, I'm sick to death of Chinese theme parks themed to China. They're all starting to look the same. How insular do you have to be to theme s**t to your own f**king country?

Over it to be honest.

Isn't China infamous for its periods of international isolationism, and reluctance to give its citizen's access to an unfiltered view of the modern world?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Isn't China infamous for its periods of international isolationism, and reluctance to give its citizen's access to an unfiltered view of the modern world?
Yeah, but these days that's not really the case. International tourism from China is enormous. They're not living in an isolated bubble these days.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
How insular do you have to be to theme s**t to your own f**king country?
To be fair, this isn't entirely unheard of. The various Disney parks have their Main Street USA (not to mention the various Hollywood parks), and there's hardly a park in that whole country without an Old West section. Alton Towers has its very English gardens (not to mention the castle). Hansa Park is themed to the Hanseatic League, very German. Phantasialand's main street is themed to Berlin. PortAventura has the Mediterranean section as its main entrance area. Hunderfossen is basically all about Norwegian folklore. Liseberg uses the viking theme a lot, plus a very Scandinavian architecture along its main street. The biggest coaster at Fuji-Q highland is simply named Fujiyama. "Build what you know" seems to be a recurring mantra all over the theme park industry.

That being said, most of those parks also have areas themed to other parts of the world, or otherworldly themes in general. I can't remember much of that from Chinese parks, but you know that topic a lot better than I do.

MagicWeasel

Roller Poster

Over it to be honest.
Disney has a California themed park in California

Pear

Strata Poster
s1jce9o4kah21.jpg

879a848agy1fxnlfkfr5wj20u00gv4dp.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

879a848agy1fxnlfl3alfj20u00gvali.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why would you only film ten seconds?! Psycho. :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
This is not quite 30 feet taller than Gatekeeper, yet it looks so much larger. I can't wait to see more, especially when this ride went vertical like three years ago now, no?

Edward M

Strata Poster
I must say that this looks like a wing coaster’s fully realized potential. Near misses aren’t insanely obvious like most and it’s just gorgeous. And I’m a sucker for some good rockwork. We’ll see if it’s better than Parrot Coaster, but I’d put my money on this beast