What's new

Wot crepz do u wear?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
For the past few months, I've really gotten into high-top trainers (or to be culturally friendly - sneakers) I have several pairs of Adidas and Nikes and I wear these big slurpy-dog-tongue shoes almost religiously as part of my get-up. Over a pair of jeans or under some turn-ups, I think they look cool. I quite like dunks too, which are similar to the high-tops, but without the big high-top tongue / tall look.

These are totes my flex:
29993a

So my question is, What is your most favourable type of shoe to wear as part of your daily attire and why?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
These are pretty similar to my current pair
$T2eC16ZHJGQE9noMb,LuBQWt8czdqw~~48_79.JPG

I usually wear steel toe cap boots, and CAT or Doc Marten's tend to be comfortable and last well too. I usually get two years out of a pair. I've been wearing boots for 20 years and while I did buy a pair of trainers 12 years ago when I was playing a lot of badminton, they've sat unused in a wardrobe for at least 7 or 8 years now I think.

I tend to buy steel toe caps because I sometimes have to go into a steel toe cap area for work when I'm in of a weekend. It just makes it easier than having to change shoes and having an extra pair. It also means that I'm less likely to lose my toes in a freak forklift accident when walking around W H Smith or getting a sausage roll from Greggs ;)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I want Nike dunks, but their price tag can go stuff it.

I'm real fussy about shoes when it comes to their shape... Vans and DC are usually who make ones I like. And Nike, but like I said, their price tag is LOL.

Mark

Strata Poster
Oh shoes, how I love thee!

I have far too many pairs but can never have enough. What I don't have yet is a pair of high tops or Converse sneakers. I know which pair I want, its just a case of finding them in a shop to buy them. The last time I checked they had sold out...
3421426870_main.jpg

In general I don't really have a particular pair I wear a lot besides some plain back ones for work. I have all different shoes for different outfits but I suppose my favourite type of footwear is a pair of 'formals' for when I go out.

kimahri

CF Legend
I got a pair of red low top cons for summer and my DC'S with the checkerboard laces for everytime :3

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I always have problems finding shoes in my size due to my large feet (size 13/14 UK), so when I was in the States I sought out shoes hoping I'd find some in my size much easier that in the UK> I was wrong. Same problems as I have in the UK - stores stocked up to one or two sizes below what I wear. Eugh.

I did manage to find two pairs slightly smaller than my actual shoe size, but weren't painful to wear. A pair of black trainers (I infrequently wear at the moment - back-up pair of shoes really) and my converse:

Converse-All-Stars.jpg

Rachel

Coaster MILF
When I do wear trainers I tend to stick to Converse or Vans.

Love my Uggs in the Winter <3. Other than that I stick to nice flats or pretty sandals in the summer.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Anything inappropriate/ridiculous depending on the weather/ situation I'm wearing them in. I really like platform flats at the moment, like creepers etc. I have a couple of pairs of extravagant/vile flats for everyday wear and I wear DMs to work.

I'd rather die than wear trainers.

Mike

Giga Poster
I currently wear either these:
TELESIO__01183_zoom.JPG

Or some similar pair of Nike.

They're simple, plain and comfortable.

I don't understand the fabric Converse things. Surely once you step in a puddle then they're ****? :?

kimahri

CF Legend
They're light and cool and thus good for warm weather and obviously not designed for the colder climates?

Plus they last for bloody ages.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I have a few pairs of Nike and New Balance sneakers that I rotate between wearing on the average day, depending on what clothes I've got on and what I feel like wearing. I used to just have one pair of sneakers that I'd wear all the time until they wore out, but I've gotten a lot more mileage out of these by rotating.

Nike Air Force One:
nike-air-force-1-low-cut_02.jpg

Nike Sweet Classic Low (Mine have a some red trim but are very similar):
timthumb.php

New Balance 574:
m574gs_nb_02_i

New Balance 373 (Mine are more navy, but again, very similar to these):
newbalance_m373_blue_shoes_lg.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't tend to spend much on "proper" shoes anymore since I just go through them too quickly. Yes, I'm aware that pricier ones should last longer, but they don't with me. For some reason they all end up with the heels knackered (I must walk funny and put all the pressure on the backs of my feet or something) and letting water in through the soles after a couple of months maximum, regardless of how "good" the shoe actually is, so I just don't bother spending more than about £30 on a pair anymore.

Thanks for reading. I might set up a phone line for donations or something.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
I had to urban dictionary the non-word "crepz" to determine precisely what this topic was asking...

I currently wear DVS Revival White
202669-0002

I found these gems at Zumiez.

Rach

Giga Poster
When I'm not at work, it's Converse all the time!

I have a ridiculous amount of pairs of them (something like 10 different ones) and all in different colours and designs. I also have a pair of Fred Perry trainers that I wear every now and again!

These are my favourite:

screen-shot-2011-11-01-at-8.10.14-am.jpg