What's new

Worst theme park in Orlando?

Worst?

• Total voters

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Voted for Hollywood Studios because it has always been my least favourite but I a) haven't done Tower of Terror and b) haven't been in about 10 years so haven't done Toy Story land or Star Wars etc but I'm not super keen to do either of those things. I think it would still be bottom of the list for me. All of the other parks either have more thrills, excitement or nostalgia than HS for me, but again, I haven't been in ages or done ToT.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That’s a very specific list of Disney, Seaworld and Universal parks. Is there a reason for this poll, or are you just interested / creating a new discussion… because if it is the latter, then despite not having made it over yet, I am fairly certain there are better candidates for worst park in Orlando.

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
That’s a very specific list of Disney, Seaworld and Universal parks. Is there a reason for this poll, or are you just interested / creating a new discussion… because if it is the latter, then despite not having made it over yet, I am fairly certain there are better candidates for worst park in Orlando.
I didn’t want to include the FunSpots. Too easy.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Voted for Hollywood Studios because it has always been my least favourite but I a) haven't done Tower of Terror and b) haven't been in about 10 years so haven't done Toy Story land or Star Wars etc but I'm not super keen to do either of those things. I think it would still be bottom of the list for me. All of the other parks either have more thrills, excitement or nostalgia than HS for me, but again, I haven't been in ages or done ToT.
So you're saying you haven't done what is now half of the park? ;)

It's USF. USF is the answer.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Essentially yes but I'm not that enthused by anything they've added so I still suspect it will be my least favourite.
Hopefully whenever you do get back, you'll be pleasantly surprised! Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge are both masterful works on the detail they gave. ... and gratefully have some pretty good rides as well. 😅

Matt N

CF Legend
I wouldn’t say I disliked any park in Orlando by any means; I’ve had great times at all of them!

However, my vote has to go to Hollywood Studios, personally. Admittedly I went in April 2019 when Star Wars was still being built, but the park just didn’t seem to have much there compared to the others, and the theming & overall atmosphere seemed weaker than that of the other Disney parks. I’d also say it felt to pull off the whole “studio park” concept less well than Universal did, in my opinion.

However, the attractions they do have are excellent, and I can only imagine Star Wars has added to that; Tower of Terror is stunning, Rock’n’Rollercoaster is great, Slinky Dog Dash is surprising fun, and I also really liked Star Tours!

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Hollywood Studios has many of the best rides in Disneyworld yet, at least until recently, has been the worst park for many years. It’s just a bit **** with its layout and, for a long time, a lack of things to do. They have dined off the same core rides for yeaaaaaars.

Toy Story land was pretty meh from my perspective, I have no interest in something like Slinky Dog Dash unless it’s a maybe a sub-20 minute wait. Waiting over an hour for that is ridiculous. I seem to recall there being no shade in the queue line for Alien Swirling Saucers (ASS). Midway mania is also just meh?

Tower of Terror though, hurrrrghn!!! Spectacular ride, truly.

Edit : Rise of the Resistance and Micky and Minnie’s both also look sensational.

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Epcot has aged horribly. The Soaring building is like a Road Chef.

Test Track is the closest thing there to a thrill ride and it's crap.

Heth

Mega Poster
The difficulty for me is that the parks are not as I last experienced them in 2014!

Universal has had an active downgrade with Twister, Beetlejuice, Disaster and Terminator 2 all gone to be replaced with awful attractions.

Hollywood studios would have been a contender, but it has been overhauled massively as well, for the better it seems.

However, I would say Se World. Apart from the coasters, it's just not that interesting.

James F

Hyper Poster
Animal Kingdom.

The place is like a trap of humidity. Granted the park has gotten better since my visits with the addition of Pandora. Expedition Everest while beautifully themed is disappointing when it comes to the physical ride. Dinosaur is a lesser version of Indiana Jones (not to mention a pointless IP attached) and don't get me started on "Dinoland USA". I love Joe Rohde's work, but this place was always a half a day and done park for me.