What's new

Worlds tallest Log Flume?

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I know this topic is for coasters but I didn't want to ask this elsewhere.

A quick search on google came up with various answers, so I was just wondering what is the tallest Log Flume in the world right now?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Do you mean just the "traditional" style flume? I don't know about the world's tallest, but Asia's tallest is at Escape Theme Park in Singapore. At least that's what they claim, but they don't say how tall it is, so could be bollocks.

I've just done a quick search as well, and found out about the delightful Tallahassee Log Flume. I don't think I'll be quick to try that one.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Yeah, sorry, I did mean traditional Log Flumes (including bath tubs and egyptian pharoahs) :)

El Patricko

Roller Poster
The tallest large capacity flume in the world is "pilgrims plunge" at holiday world it has a 135ft vertical evevator lift with a drop of 131ft.

As for log flumes i was always under the impression that the conveyer system rarely exceded the height of 60 of so ft, but i may be wrong.

There is a fairly tall travelling log flume which i can't remember the name of right now which is reputed to be the tallest traveling flume in the world.

The tallest in UK is Stormforce 10 (count it?) and in second, nightmare niagra? Defunct. So loggers leap i guess in the UK anyways.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I remember the one at American Adventure being enourmous, well for a log flume anyhow.

A

Anonymous

^ They claim it to be the one with the tallest drop in Europe.

The total height of Flumeride at Liseberg is about 80 ft. It have a 30 ft and a 46 ft drop in quick succession, and then a couple of feet drop over the layout.

And the ones at Heide park are pretty big as well.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
El Patricko said:
The tallest in UK is Stormforce 10 (count it?) and in second, nightmare niagra? Defunct. So loggers leap i guess in the UK anyways.

Actually, The tallest log flume style ride is Loggers Leap (Stormforce doesn't really count as essentially its not a log flume.), It used to be the one at American Adventure, but when that closed down Thorpe regained the record.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
White Water Landing opened at Cedar Point opened in 1982 as the world's tallest log flume featuring a 50 ft. drop.

White Water Landing was one of the last large scale flume rides, as water ride interests diverted in the mid 1980s to Intamin River Rapids and Arrow Shoot the Shoots rides.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I've just done a quick search as well, and found out about the delightful Tallahassee Log Flume. I don't think I'll be quick to try that one.

I just ended up searching for that at school. I hope I'm not gonna get in trouble.

costar

Mega Poster
gavin said:
^Do you mean just the "traditional" style flume? I don't know about the world's tallest, but Asia's tallest is at Escape Theme Park in Singapore. At least that's what they claim, but they don't say how tall it is, so could be bollocks.

Funnily enough, I was there last week. And I took this photo:

dscf1653reduced.jpg

Not sure exactly how tall but that building next to it is an SBNO Mack wild mouse and they are usually 45 foot, so that's my guess. There must be taller log flumes out there but as with all these "world's tallest" debates, it comes down to what you define as a log flume and structural height/drop height etc. I'll let someone else who cares conclude.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Stats for these things are pretty hard to come by unfortunately. Its the reason why i'd love for some sort of comprehensive flat ride database equivalent to RCDB (yes, I know its a mammoth task) to turn to.

The first to jump to mind in terms of traditional flumes is Wildwasserbahn II at Heide Park. I wasn't sure if it just seemed bigger because of its very straight drop (a bit like that thing in Singapore there^) but i've just found confirmation its 75ft, which does seem pretty big. It is Schwarzkopf-built though, hence it being a bit mental.

ww2.JPG

Pierre

Strata Poster
gavin said:

LOL I've just googled that in work Gavin, thanks for that haha.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hahaha, I also just googled it (never heard the expression before) and was slightly disappointed to find this topic is 4th on the results page :shock:

[quoet]I've just done a quick search as well, and found out about the delightful Tallahassee Log Flume. I don't think I'll be quick to try that one. [/quote]

Aw, you're a loser, I actually just searched that on Google.