What's new

Worlds of Globala

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but I thought it might be interesting if I told you guys what the game considers the current top 10 attractions in the park based on Prestige. I’ve had a look, and the current top 10 attractions at Worlds of Globala based on Prestige rankings are as follows:
  1. Zodiac Palace (1354)
  2. Black Mamba (1341)
  3. Skyline Screamer (1331)
  4. El Conquistador (1331)
  5. Inferna (1215)
  6. The Tales of Arthuria (1199)
  7. Boating in Beijing (1193)
  8. Britannia Tours (1171)
  9. La Corrida (1159)
  10. Izanagi’s House of Beasts (1149)
Do you guys agree with this? There are certainly a few that surprised me, I’ll be honest...

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Is prestige akin to the excitement rating in RCT? Boating in Beijing and Britannia Tours are the surprises I guess with no real context as to how it calculates that stuff.
Here's my personal list based on ride types that would make me want to visit the most:

1. Black Mamba
2. El Conquistador
3. Zodiac Palace
4. Doomsday Temple
5. Skyline Screamer
6. Inferna
7. Izanagai's House of Beasts
8. La Corrida
9. The Tales of Arthuria
10. Flight of the Fire Dragon/El Torito

An extremely solid lineup for any park!

Matt N

CF Legend
Is prestige akin to the excitement rating in RCT? Boating in Beijing and Britannia Tours are the surprises I guess with no real context as to how it calculates that stuff.
Here's my personal list based on ride types that would make me want to visit the most:

1. Black Mamba
2. El Conquistador
3. Zodiac Palace
4. Doomsday Temple
5. Skyline Screamer
6. Inferna
7. Izanagai's House of Beasts
8. La Corrida
9. The Tales of Arthuria
10. Flight of the Fire Dragon/El Torito

An extremely solid lineup for any park!
The Prestige rating is basically how desirable the game sees the attraction as being overall (with both track and train and level of theming, as well as queue line theming, thrown into consideration). It also does a star system that directly correlates to the Prestige system, with 1 star equalling 200 Prestige points (so the entire top 10 ranks 5+ stars)

The game does also allocate RCT-style excitement, intensity and nausea ratings to each ride from a track and train perspective, but I’ve noticed that things with high theming and long ride durations often rank very highly prestige-wise, even if the ride doesn’t deliver as much on a track and train basis; for example, El Conquistador has noticeably lower excitement and intensity ratings than some of the other thrill coasters (Black Mamba and Skyline Screamer, at least, are noticeably higher, and I think Inferna might be a little higher too), but due to the ride’s theming (there’s an awful lot of effect triggers; 30, to be exact!) and due to it having a really long ride duration, it ranks higher than it might have done based solely on the excitement and intensity ratings. I think the theming clause might also be why things like the car ride and the boat ride tend to rank very highly if you theme them up even slightly. Doomsday Temple ranks lower than you might expect (only 448, even with all the theming and triggers) because the game considers the ride type a flat ride as opposed to a tracked ride, so it only looks at queue theming.

Hope that explains the Prestige system a little!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In terms of the bigger coasters - I'd probably say something like:
  1. Black Mamba
  2. Skyline Screamer (I like B&M Hypers, okay)
  3. Inferna
  4. El Conquistador (I almost want to put this lower - urgh, Gerst)
  5. La Corrida
I'd probably then slip Zodiac Palace and Doomsday Temple somewhere around 3-4 in the list.

Some really excellent work here overall. It's almost a bit too much to take in, haha!

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m very flattered by all of your nice comments about the ride lineup; thank you!

I tried to make it quite nice and well-rounded, with lots of different types of rides, and I tried to give each big thrill coaster its own individual flavour, if you get what I mean; I didn’t want anything that was too similar to another ride in the park.

I tried to build the thrill coasters so that each of the “big 5” so to speak kind of focuses on its own individual type of experience; La Corrida is a wooden coaster, so differs itself from the rest of the lineup quite naturally in that regard, Black Mamba focuses on low-to-the-ground rapid transitions and a nice blend of elements, Skyline Screamer focuses on massive, sustained airtime manoeuvres (although I did try to make it a little bit Fury-esque towards the end, with the reasonably low-to-the-ground ejector hills and fast pacing), Inferna is an inverted coaster which focuses on intensity and big inversions, as well as some nice footchoppers and the interactions with the area to really capitalise on the inverted seating position, and El Conquistador focuses a lot on hangtime, as well as the wider themed experience with all of the dark ride sections, although I did try to chuck in some more Karnan-style rapid, low-to-the-ground elements towards the end of the ride in order to add a little variety and to not make it too inversion-focused.

In terms of how I’d personally rate the big 5 coasters at the park from my designer’s point of view, the one I’m most proud of from an overall point of view (including theming) is El Conquistador, but my favourite track and train would probably be either Black Mamba or Skyline Screamer, as I absolutely adore both multi-launch coasters and B&M hypers.

I’m undecided, but if I had to pick based on personal preference and how interesting I think each layout looks, I’d probably rank the big 5 like:
  1. Black Mamba
  2. Skyline Screamer
  3. La Corrida
  4. Inferna
  5. El Conquistador
1 and 2 are pretty interchangeable, and I’d say the same about 3 and 4.

If you’re interested, I’d also like to offer a bit of insight into my own opinions of the coasters I’ve built, and sort of give you a bit of an idea as to what inspired the rides, to see if you think I’ve done a good job:
  • Black Mamba: To tell you the truth, I’m not surprised that Black Mamba seems to be so popular. When I was building that coaster all the way back in April 2020, I was thinking to myself “if this were a real park, I reckon this would be the enthusiasts’ favourite out of all the rides there”. I wanted at least one coaster in this park that would be a real “enthusiast favourite”, if you get what I mean, and I did try to get this to emulate some of the really well-liked Intamin Blitz Coasters out there so that this would be that ride. A key inspiration for this ride was actually Taron at Phantasialand, with all of the twisty elements and rapid transitions, but I also tried to chuck in a couple of inversions and “RMC-style” elements like some of the newer Intamins are pulling off (I’m looking at you, Velocicoaster and Pantheon). In hindsight, though, I could maybe have thrown in a couple more inversions for a bit more variety, and I think I did build the ending a touch too intense. I also think I should have thrown in an MCBR in there somewhere, as due to the way in which Planet Coaster blocks launch coasters, the train waits for ages on the first launch.
  • Skyline Screamer: I know that B&M hypers are a little bit marmite among enthusiasts these days, but I love them (well, I love Mako, anyway) and I also love building them, too; since I’ve mastered those parabolic hills (that took a long time; you should have seen my earliest attempts!), there’s something I’ve always found so satisfying about building this ride type! In terms of what I was trying to go for with Skyline Screamer, I kind of wanted to build a blend of Shambhala and Fury, with maybe a touch of Mako thrown in there too. A common criticism I often see aimed at B&M hypers is that they often peter out towards the end of the ride, so I wanted to make sure that the ride’s ending was just as electric as the beginning, if not more so. I actually tried to take a leaf out of Fury’s playbook for the ending portion of the ride by including some intense, low-to-the-ground ejector hills to offer a nice contrast to the conventional B&M hyper floater hills at the start of the ride. Personally, I’m quite happy with the layout for this ride as far as B&M hypers go, but I’m aware that B&M hypers are quite marmite, so I know that some of you probably aren’t that excited by it.
  • La Corrida: I’ve got to admit, GCIs are another ride type I absolutely love building in Planet Coaster; I just find those really twisty layouts so much fun to build! In terms of which ride I drew my inspiration from for La Corrida, I was kind of inspired by Wodan at Europa Park, which has a big element at the start and then has loads of lower airtime hills throughout and looks absolutely relentless. However, I don’t know whether you’d agree, but I don’t think my execution looks anywhere near as effective on La Corrida as it does on Wodan, and that’s for one key reason; I feel like the ride peters out drastically towards the end in a way that GCIs don’t often do, and when you pass back over the lift hill and have that spectator interaction over the lake, I almost feel like it looks to amble a bit too much compared to some other GCIs. It doesn’t really look to pack much force or airtime in that ending section. I’m still reasonably pleased with the final outcome, but it’s definitely the coaster layout I’m least proud of out of the big 5, and looking back, I could have done so much more with it.
  • Inferna: When building China, I thought that the park was missing a more “conventional”, large looping coaster so to speak, and I thought; what better ride type to fill that void than the good old B&M invert? It’s quite conventional, yet differs from anything else in the park, and also offers some nice theming and interaction opportunities! In terms of sources of inspiration for this; the pre-lift was inspired by Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park, but I actually drew inspiration from some of the larger B&M inverts for the rest of the layout. The initial sequence of elements was actually inspired by Banshee at Kings Island, and I did actually try to emulate its trick of having the loop go around the lift hill, albeit unsuccessfully, as you can see. As B&M inverts go, I’d say I’m pretty pleased with the final layout, as it looks quite varied and looks to keep its speed throughout, although in hindsight, I might have added a zero-g roll instead of the airtime hill, and I might have done a different double-inversion instead of a cobra roll; maybe a pretzel knot or batwing might have worked better?
  • El Conquistador: I’ll admit I’m not the biggest fan of Gerstlauer thrill coasters myself, so if the park was being built solely for me, I would probably have picked a different ride type, but I thought the park was missing something more focused on hangtime and large inversions, as well as something with a real emphasis on a drop, that could function as a real hook of the ride. I actually considered going for another B&M here, with both a wing coaster and a dive coaster being ride types I considered, but I’d never actually built an Infinity Coaster in the game before, and I also thought that as well as ticking all of my above boxes, the Infinity Coaster would give me greater scope to go for a more versatile, heavily-themed thrill coaster, which is something I hadn’t really attempted yet within the park (or the game full stop, for that matter). In terms of the layout, I was kind of going for “the love child of Takabisha and Karnan”, as I said in my original Mexico post, and I’m quite happy with the way that the big inversions flow between each other, especially in the first half; I think the flow between the inversions is really quite nice and smooth. Given that theming is probably my weaker suit within the game, I’m also very satisfied with how the ride’s theming turned out, especially the building exterior and the dark ride sections. However, I’m less impressed with the bits where I go a little more off-piste with the profiling and try and do some more intense, Karnan-esque bits; you can definitely see a few bits of dodgy profiling in places! I can’t imagine it being a particularly smooth coaster in portions, I’ll admit. You can’t see this in the POV, but I did also mess up the blocking a bit on this; as the trains aren’t huge, I decided to try and accommodate lots of trains (9, to be exact), but in practice, it means that the trains are almost waiting in a massive queue behind each other during the dark ride sections, so I should probably have done that a bit differently, in hindsight.
So that’s a little bit of insight into the big 5, from my perspective! I apologise if you didn’t really want this, but I’d be intrigued to know; do you think I’ve satisfied my original intentions with each ride? Do you agree with my opinions on the layouts, or do you have any criticisms of your own?

Sorry to hound you all with questions; I’d just be very intrigued to know!

Even though I’m talking in a retrospective sense in this post, it is worth remembering that I do still have 1 more country to finish yet! I can reveal, however, that the big 5 will remain the big 5; the final country has a roller coaster, but it is more of a family coaster. I still intend for it to be fun, however, and pretty heavily-themed, and I hope it’s something you’ll still really like.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but I do apologise for how long it’s been since I last posted an update! I assure you that I am steadily working on the park’s final country, and I’m getting towards the end now, but I’m not the fastest of builders, sadly; I try & prioritise thoroughness over speed!

In terms of when it might be ready; I don’t want to be too committal, as I’m not the fastest of builders, but I hope it might be ready within the next couple of weeks to a month. I’m really sorry, as I know that’s probably incredibly annoying from your end, but I don’t like to make promises I can’t keep.

I hope you understand, and I look forward to providing you all with the final country very soon!

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, globetrotters; it’s been an amazing 1 year and 3 months since we started, but we’ve finally reached the end of our global adventure, as I have completed the 8th and final country of Worlds of Globala! In terms of where in the world this country is, we’re returning to Europe for this final country; welcome one and all to Germany:
[IMG]

In terms of what kind of vibe I went for with this area, I did use the Bavarian buildings within the World’s Fair pack, but I’d actually say that a number of different styles are present within the area. I tried to make the vibe of the central section of the area be that of Germany in the midst of Oktoberfest, with lots of banners, festival tents, and a couple of singers around, but the area also has a bit of a steampunk vibe in some areas, as well as an almost fairytale-style vibe in others; basically, it embodies a number of different styles that all fall under the overarching theme of Germany!

In terms of rides, the area contains 4 of them, and they are as follows (I should clarify that the ride shots of Oktoberfest and H&G were shot prior to the area's completion, in order to try and get my computer at its maximum FPS):
  • Oktoberfest: Brewery Bonanza, an enclosed Mack spinning coaster that is 77ft tall, 2,941ft long and reaches a top speed of 44mph. The ride features two lift hills, some dark ride sections and various helixes and turns to induce spinning, as well as triggered effects that trigger when the train hits certain areas of the layout. I'll admit that when I created this ride layout, I hadn't actually ridden a Mack spinner, so I'm unsure how realistic the ride looks; I watched a few POVs of Mack spinners to gauge an idea of how the ride type rides, but I'm unsure how realistically I've made this Mack spinner compared to some real examples. In terms of the style of ride I was going for theming-wise, I was kind of going for something akin to Professor Burp's Bubbleworks, but in coaster form; you may even recognize the Bubbleworks music in the POVs! The ride’s storyline is as follows: "From the exterior, the Bavarian house you see in front of you may look fairly normal, but it is actually the home of Poppington's, one of Bavaria's finest family breweries! Its current owner, Augustus Poppington III, has opened the brewery to guests for the first time because he needs your help to get the drinks out on time for Oktoberfest. Augustus has calculated that adding your mass to the Barrelator 3000, his amazing new drink-making machine, will make for the optimal blend, so hop on board and help Augustus make some drinks!":
[IMG]

[IMG]

I also filmed a POV and some cinematic shots:
As well as a queue line walkthrough, as I tried to go for a rather in-depth themed queue for this ride (I apologise for the length; I wasn't anticipating a 30 minute video when I started recording!):
I would really appreciate any constructive feedback on the ride and/or the queue, as I've never really tried an in-depth themed queue of this style before, and while I have built enclosed coasters before, they were some of the earliest rides I did in the game, so I don't have a huge amount of experience with building enclosed coasters.
  • Hansel & Gretel's Hunt for Crumbs, an interactive dark ride themed to the Brothers Grimm fairytale Hansel & Gretel. At 1,154ft long, the ride is the park's second longest dark ride, and it's actually the first interactive dark ride I've ever built in the game. The basic premise of the ride is that it takes riders through the story of Hansel & Gretel while also giving them the opportunity to "collect crumbs" (shoot targets) as they go round the ride. The storyline is as follows: "Cast away from their home by their stepmother, Hansel & Gretel have found themselves in the clutches of a bloodthirsty witch who wants to eat them whole! To help them find their way home, Hansel & Gretel have laid crumbs throughout every stage of their story, and your job is to collect those crumbs. Will you collect enough crumbs to help Hansel & Gretel escape the evil witch and find their way home?":
[IMG]

[IMG]

As Hansel & Gretel's Hunt for Crumbs is an interactive dark ride, I filmed a non-shooting POV so that you can take in the ride's scenery & story:
As well as a POV of me shooting the targets, so you can get an idea of how the interactivity element works (as well as to feast your eyes on how dreadful I am at interactive dark rides...):
As H&G is my first ever interactive dark ride, I would really appreciate any constructive feedback if you're willing to give it to me, so that I can use it to improve any future interactive dark rides I do.
  • Kraftwerk (German for "power plant" or "power station"), a suspended top spin adorned with steampunk theming and special effects including fire, smoke bursts and electricity. I apologise if the premise for this ride sounds a little odd, but I've basically themed it to an Oktoberfest ride that doubles as a power generator for the event, with riders' screams & laughs providing the necessary energy. The storyline for this ride is: "Hans Kraft has invited you to try out his newest invention; a power generator that doubles as the perfect Oktoberfest thrill! That's right; while you ride his awesome new ride, all of your laughs & screams are generating enough power to power the entire Oktoberfest! Don't mind the odd pop or bang here and there while you're riding; they're just the biproducts of converting scream energy into electricity, so there's nothing to be worried about! So hop on board Hans' new ride and have fun; every bit of fun you have helps to power Oktoberfest!":
[IMG]

• Oompah Express, a caterpillar/musik express style ride themed to German dancing. The ride is encased within a canopy, and features an animatronic band playing beside it as well as a number of different musical instruments & Oktoberfest stalls. The storyline is as follows: "That time has come again; it's time to dance! Every year during Oktoberfest, the locals take one day of the year to simply dance to their heart's content, and this year, they're inviting you to do the same! So hop on board the Oompah Express and show off your best Oktoberfest dance moves!":
[IMG]

[IMG]

I also took overview shots of the area in the daytime:
[IMG]

And at nighttime:
[IMG]

As well as a video overview of the entire country:
So, that's Germany! I really hope you like it, and I hope it serves as a fitting conclusion to our global expedition!

As I've alluded to numerous times; not only have I finished Germany, I've now finished the park. So I decided to take two aerial overview shots of the entire park in its finished state. The first is a daytime shot:
[IMG]

And the second is a nighttime shot:
[IMG]

I was hoping I could show you a video overview of the completed park, as well as POVs of the transportation rides, but my computer wouldn't record; I think recording the completed park with any substantial amount of guests might be a little much for my current system to handle! I might see if my new, more highly-specced desktop PC is up to the job when I've set it up... if I'm able to record anything, I'll certainly post it here!

In summary, the finished Worlds of Globala park contains 8 countries, with 46 rides overall. These include 11 rollercoasters, 5 dark rides and 4 water rides. In terms of the operational side of the park, I decided to opt for opening hours of 9am-11pm, and I decided to go for a full entry price of £40 (£5 per country), with a family ticket costing £20. If you feel that the opening hours are too short, or if you feel that the entry price is too expensive, do tell me; I'm not great at the in-game economics & operations, I'll admit! Also, do you feel that there's anything that the park is missing rides-wise, or more generally, for that matter? I can sense the park will probably be a bit too barren on dark rides and a bit too heavy on coasters for the liking of many, so I apologise for that, but I guess I just love building coasters, so they're what I usually reach for when building major rides; I was personally quite pleased to have built a full park with 5 dark rides, as the most I've managed before is 1! I tried to make the lineup fairly rounded in terms of different thrill levels & ride types on offer, but do you think I've succeeded there?

But in conclusion, all I can say is; thank you for following the development so patiently over the last year and 3 months! I hope you like the finished product, and I'm sorry I've taken so long to build it! I have uploaded the park to Steam Workshop as an unlisted park (I was unsure whether to go fully public with it), so if you want to download it, play it, or build anything within it, then feel free! Here's the link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2564868607

And if you want to look back on some of my earlier stuff, here's the entire WoG playlist:

I really hope you've enjoyed our global adventure together! I hope to bring you another update in Planet Coaster soon, but that's goodbye to Worlds of Globala from my perspective; I really hope you like the completed park!

James F

Hyper Poster
It's always a great feeling when you have finally finished a park, especially one this huge!

I loved all the stories and concepts you put behind your rides, the rides you picked were perfect for the German area. My favourite theme was for the top spin with the steam trains dotted at the front.

In terms of game economics, you could charge way more for entry, but I would say in terms of realism £45 is a good shout with £25 for families.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
It's always a great feeling when you have finally finished a park, especially one this huge!

I loved all the stories and concepts you put behind your rides, the rides you picked were perfect for the German area. My favourite theme was for the top spin with the steam trains dotted at the front.

In terms of game economics, you could charge way more for entry, but I would say in terms of realism £45 is a good shout with £25 for families.

Thanks @Thecoasterrus! I’ll agree that I do feel a certain sense of satisfaction from having finished this park; it’s been an absolutely mammoth project for me, and at times, I really wasn’t sure if I (or my computer, for that matter!) could hold on long enough to finish it!

Thank you! I was worried that the area might come across too incohesive, or as not making much sense, to some of you, so I’m glad that you like the theming concepts! In terms of the top spin; the steampunk top spin was conveniently a pre-existing ride in the game, and as soon as I saw it while browsing for rides to put into the German area, I thought to myself “with some steampunk theming and additional special effects around it, I can imagine that working great”! I was kind of going for something broadly similar to Talocan at Phantasialand, with all the theming & special effects that ride has, but with the steampunk-style theme; I’ve never been to Phantasialand, so I haven’t seen or ridden Talocan for myself, but I certainly hope I’ve embodied its general essence!

In terms of the entry price, I went for £40/£20 because I didn’t want guests to be leaving feeling as though they were getting bad value for money, or as though they’d been ripped off, and I worried that placing the entry price any higher than £40/£20 would leave a bit of a sour taste in guests’ mouths. I know the park isn’t real, but I always like to think of and design my parks as though they’re real parks made for the real public.

I made absolutely no money whatsoever with this entry fee (I think I made a huge loss every month I operated the park for), and if the park were real, I’d probably have been kicked off the land before being able to build a single country, but I don’t mind, as guest experience always comes before profit for me!
Beautiful Matt, really enjoyed following this one. The effort and time you sink into CF certainly doesn't go unnoticed.
Hear, hear.
Aw, thank you both! But out of interest, when you say about my effort & time, are you referring to Planet Coaster or the forums in general?

I’ve been playing Planet Coaster since 2017, and it’s honestly one of my greatest pleasures outside of actually visiting theme parks, so it’s been my absolute privilege to build this park and share my work with you all! If I’m being honest, I’ve always felt like my work in Planet Coaster is somewhat unimpressive and lacking in comparison to everyone else’s on the internet, so I was a bit nervous to share initially, but I’m incredibly gratified to hear that the overall response from you guys is seemingly positive!

If you don’t mind me asking; now the park’s complete, do any of you guys viewing my work have any particular favourite countries or rides? If you’re interested in hearing my own preferences; my favourite country I’ve built is actually Mexico, with Germany being a close second, and the rides I’m most proud of from an overall design perspective are probably El Conquistador, Brewery Bonanza and Hansel & Gretel, as well as possibly Doomsday Temple, but based on my ride preferences, I’d wager that Black Mamba or Skyline Screamer would be my favourite if I were actually able to ride the rides I’ve built and judge them against one another.

Matt N

CF Legend
What do you mean? Is this another of those really simple things that I’m supposed to get, but I don’t?

Also, do you guys have any specific feedback for me regarding this park or any of the rides? Any good stuff you think I should take with me into future projects, or any not-so-good stuff that I need to improve?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
...when you say about my effort & time, are you referring to Planet Coaster[?]
Yes.

...or the forums in general?
Yes.

I'm afraid I'm not really well placed to give an awful lot of feedback, but I would say it would be good to think about the whole "theming vs reality" thing we've discussed previously. For example, adding all of the roof details when they're not too likely to be seen (or perhaps you could design the rides so they definitely wouldn't be seen).

Another challenge for you next time might be to look at a plot of land that isn't mostly level. It'd be interesting to see your park grow through a park with a challenging landscape to work with too.

James F

Hyper Poster
If you want another challenge have a go at building paths and buildings off-grid, it's a pain, but if you want that extra bit of realism it's worth it, it is something I have been trying with my new park and while it is challenging, it just makes things pop that bit more.

Matt N

CF Legend
If you want another challenge have a go at building paths and buildings off-grid, it's a pain, but if you want that extra bit of realism it's worth it, it is something I have been trying with my new park and while it is challenging, it just makes things pop that bit more.

Someone else said about that to me on another forum, and that is something I will actively try and do in my future projects. It’s going to be hard, as I’ll admit I like uniformity and have a bit of a tendency to build things in right angles, but I’m going to try and overcome that urge when I start a new park!
I'm afraid I'm not really well placed to give an awful lot of feedback, but I would say it would be good to think about the whole "theming vs reality" thing we've discussed previously. For example, adding all of the roof details when they're not too likely to be seen (or perhaps you could design the rides so they definitely wouldn't be seen).

Another challenge for you next time might be to look at a plot of land that isn't mostly level. It'd be interesting to see your park grow through a park with a challenging landscape to work with too.
I’d like to think I improved on the “theming vs realism” department with Germany (you might notice that there aren’t any details on the roofs, and there are some slightly lesser themed buildings housing the two main indoor rides lurking behind the facades where guests can’t see them, but I’ll admit that I do have somewhat of an urge to theme up as much as I can!

As for the challenging landscape point; that is a nice idea, but I’ll admit that terraforming isn’t something I’m terribly good at, especially on a larger scale, such as for building entire parks. I’ve tried terraforming on a large scale in the past (for instance, I once tried building a valley for a ride to go through), and it’s always come out looking a bit clumsy & messy, so I stick to flat plots of land to keep things looking fairly nice & neat. If I’m being honest, I’m kind of a stickler for things looking neat when I’m building in Planet Coaster!

If it counts, however, I did have an idea for a future park where I dug a huge lake and built each area of the park over the lake on its own separate island. Each island would be connected to the others by bridges, as well as a boat ride going along the lake. Does that sound good?

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to double post, but I’ve tested Worlds of Globala on my new PC, and there’s definite improvement; frame rates are now 10-15FPS, even when recording! I know that doesn’t sound great, but given the previous benchmark was <5FPS, I’m chuffed! It might not be perfect, but it certainly looks notably, notably clearer to me; my first thought upon turning it on was shock at how crisp and smooth the motion was! For some idea, I’ve currently got 11,188 guests in the park, and I’m solidly hitting 10-15FPS in play mode and 15-20FPS when paused; even if I attempt to record, FPS are still consistently above 10FPS, which I’ll take as a win! I’m thrilled; I might see if I can record a park overview video at some point in the future, to show it off in somewhat better quality on my new PC…

I know my stats probably don’t sound great on the face of it, but when you’re used to 5FPS or below, it looks like quite a profound improvement; I’ll see if I can show you at some stage!

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to triple post, but I've filmed some new content from within the park now that I have my new PC. I've filmed an overview of the entire park without any guests in it, and I've also filmed some shots with a very limited number of guests in the park, with some from a guest perspective of areas I was unable to do this with (Mexico). These videos also have the plus of having far better frame rates, so you can now view the park in the smoother wonders of 15-20FPS instead of the juddery doldrums of <5FPS; hope it's better for you:
(Don't worry, the 28min park overview is no cause for concern about the FPS; I just had a lot I wanted to show you! The reason some of the shots are shorter later on is because I grew more and more conscious of the ever-growing video duration; long videos take an age to upload over my wi-fi, and I know many of you probably don't have 28 minutes to watch a PlanCo video!)
So, that is this park completed! I hope you like it, and I also hope that you find the new video quality far more palatable to watch (yes, it isn't quite perfect, but I thought it looked far, far smoother myself, and I was very pleased with it compared to before. But please tell me what you think; I'd be intrigued to know!)!

As always, if you have any constructive feedback of any kind, be sure to shoot it my way so that I can use it to improve my future projects! I've already taken on board points about "theming vs realism" as well as "less uniformity & right angles", but if you have anything else you think I should improve or anything you particularly liked and think I should take on with me, then I'd love to hear it!