Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Roar-O-Saurus

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • It's a tie

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Hobbes

Mega Poster
I was able to ride Wooden Warrior at Quassy this past weekend, and I was impressed by how fun it was for a family coaster. This made me wonder how it compares to Roar-O-Saurus, the new similar-sized woodie that just opened at Story Land earlier this year.

Both of these rides are relatively new (brand new in the case of Roar-O-Saurus), family-sized woodies made by Gravity Group. They have also both received praise for bringing a fun ride into a very small package. These two coasters are obviously very similar, but does one stand out compared to the other?

I realize that due to the somewhat out of the way locations of these coasters and the fact that they're new means that only a few people have gotten a chance to ride both. However, I would still like to hear opinions from those who have ridden both.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Wooden Warrior was fantastic for its size and I couldn't praise it enough. However, Roar-O-Saurus is even better; it does more with the track length and packs in almost double the airtime Wooden Warrior does.

Simply put; both are fantastic coasters but Roar-O-Saurus edges it for me.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Both show that a small family coaster (they're too big to class as a kiddie coaster) can be really good - both have really good airtime, and wooden warrior may have a slightly nicer layout, but the amount of airtime on Roar o saurus gives it a good edge for me - and puts it in my top 10!

Snoo

The Legend
I've heard good from both. I did feel Wooden Warrior had a lot left to give at the end but just never appeared. I absolutely loved the first half though.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Roar-O-Saurus dethroned El Toro (Plohn) as my favorite small footprint wooden coaster. Nuff said...

Ben

CF Legend
I've only done Wooden Warrior which really is great, a really fun little coaster perfect for so many riders.

But Roar-O does look even better.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I'd give Wooden Warrior the slight edge. Plus, Roar was doing this AWFUL stop and go stop and go thing while parking in the station that meant slamming my gut into the lapbar at least 8 times in 20 seconds or so.