What's new

Wild Asia Construction

Darren

Roller Poster
I thougt it was about time to make a Wild Asia topic, as there doesn't seem to be one. Post any thoughts or updates here...

I'll start it off:

Here is a new picture of the Kobra:

20165_260464399034_21321734034_3184437_2340701_n.jpg

* Taken from Chessington's Facebook page.

Darren

Roller Poster
More constuction pictures now online:

kobraconstruction1.jpg

kobraconstruction2.jpg

kobraconstruction3.jpg

monkeyswingerconstruction1.jpg

* With thanks to themeparks-uk

I must say, it looks very promising & I like the re-themed waveswinger.

Darren

Roller Poster
^ I believe so, it's supposed to look like a stone monument/statue according to the plans.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I do hope this area will be well themed, not just the rides. Personally, I think the colours are ugly at the moment, but this is mid-construction,a nd I know it'll look a lot better when it's done.

Good investment Chessie!

tks

Strata Poster
The monkeyhead wave swinger thing looks ok. I wish they'd varied up the faces though, it looks like a repeating wallpaper.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks a lot nicer in the flesh!

We'll be putting our report up later tonight!

thorpecrazy

Roller Poster
I'm really looking forward to Wild Asia, as cial said it's mid-construction so it's hard to judge how good the final look of the new area will be, hopefully there will be plenty of trees and plants added.

Mark

Strata Poster
Yeah, they said they are going to be using an extensive amount of planting and bamboo to make sure it is totally immersive and cut out as much of the "real world" as possible. They are making a massive effort in using plants etc to cover up anything that would be out of theme like maintenance buildings too.

jokerman

Giga Poster
PLants will be a very good idea, as long as they don't start dying all over the place. I shall definitely be there for the opening day.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Thought I'd bump this topic...

Firstly, new website design...

www.chessington.com

Secondly and more interestingly, Kobra has been announced to have on-ride photos...

Not much else to say but roll on next month :D

EDIT - Well it WAS on the on-ride photos page last night... But not anymore, maybe someone reminded them of how bad Rameses photos ended up :lol:

peep

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
EDIT - Well it WAS on the on-ride photos page last night... But not anymore, maybe someone reminded them of how bad Rameses photos ended up :lol:

Hehe, I didn't even mention anything to them :D

I do love the new website though and I've seen a few pics of the new entrance which I'm really liking, a much more adventurous theme, yay!