What's new

Wiener Prater during off season

TilenB

Strata Poster
We have a school trip to Vienna scheduled to take place in November (15th-17th I think), and I'll try to spend the spare time in Prater. Does anybody know which attraction (if any) might be/are open during that time? Thanks in advance :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^10 seconds of actually bothering to look yielded this:

Prater season
March 15 - October 31
off season: Riesenradplatz and some attractions open all year round!

No real details, but some stuff will be open.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I honestly think it will be a case of just showing up and seeing what's running. Each ride is privately owned and operated, so it will depend on the individual owners.

If there's a chance they'll make money, then I'm sure they'll open.

It's easy to get to anyway, so even if there's not much operating, it's not going to take too much time out of your day to check it out.

tks

Strata Poster
I walked around during early November last year and no major rides were open, half of the park was closed off for construction it looked a bit of a dump with wires running on the floor everywhere.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It seems like the sort of place that would be great around Christmas actually. That's if they do anything, obviously. In the summer there was a great atmosphere around the place at night - lots of people just using the bars/restaurants etc. as well as the rides, so a "Christmas Market" style of thing would be lovely there.

TilenB

Strata Poster
4 of the creds were open, saddly the most painful ones ( dizzy, wilde maus, super8erbahn and volare)

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ I totally agree, this "thing" is the only coaster I wouldn't give a re-ride to. Well on the other side Super 8er Bahn was suprisingly good. I didn't expect a Pinfari to be that nice.

Jake

Strata Poster
The Volare is gross <///3.

I think the one in Canada might be worse though...

Shame the Boomerang wasn't open, it's ferosh <///3.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Except I didn't rate the new trains. They were better, but it's still a Boomerang at the end of the day. :lol:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Going back to Vienna on 27th this month. Can't wait :)

PS: I'll try to take some photos of Prater in Christmas spirit ;)

I don't get all the Volare hate. had no issues with the one I've ridden...

It's kinda like SLCs. Some are smooth and not so bad, whereas others are vile. The one at Wonderland is pretty decent as far as Volares go, but the one at Prater was horrible.