What's new

Why did hard rock park fail?

Luxornv

Mega Poster
I was excited to see this park. I too thought they had a good theme that hasn't been done as a whole park before. Not to mention, they had the name recognition of Hard Rock which operates restaurants all over the US. People across the country know the name, and you'd think would be a little interested once they heard there was an amusement park with the same theme as the restaurants. I think their downfall (which was covered in the linked article) was the economy at the time. They opened this park at one of the worst times they could. By the time the financial disaster had hit, they already had too much committed to hold back on the project and had to keep marching over the cliff they didn't see in the distance. It was disappointing to see this fall, and very unfortunate that no one picked it up after a few more years. Other articles I've read about the park seem to have the locals painting a bad picture of it for many factors. I remember some businesses on the road they renamed were upset about needed to shell out more money to have their stuff redone with a new address because of the park down the street. One thing I also didn't realize that was in the article was that locals didn't want to go due to the cost of it and no discounts. I thought just about everyone who lived in the area would have tried the park at least once. I can understand the budget issue with vacationing families though. If there's no discount on it when they are already stretching their budget, then they won't be likely to try it. Not to mention, they didn't do those things that we seem to take for granted at other parks like making deals with local hotels and other attractions in order to be more visible.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Poor Marketing
2. Horrible Ticket Pricing
3. Crippling Copyright Fees for Ride Names