What's new

Who Designs Gooniform?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
So I have this Carowinds shirt that depicts a planet Earth with a massive post coming out of it, and stuck to the post are different signs pointing in different directions with the names of different rides on them, and a large grey Carowinds logo at the bottom of it all. Well one time I was at Cedar Point and I saw literally the exact same shirt but with Cedar Point's name and rides on it!

Well another time I got this sweet package from a gift exchange on another site from another enthusiast who happened to be in the Six Flags Fiesta Texas area. In it was a note, a banner that once hung in Fiesta Texas (one of the gooniest things I own, it hangs in my room to this day), and an Iron Rattler hat and shirt.

1457472_751234821572214_997064893_n.jpg

Well I was at Kings Island one time and saw that we sold...a Diamondback shirt exactly like it! Same design, same everything, just different coasters, pictures, and stats featured.

And another time I was meeting another CFer to go to Cedar Point and they showed up wearing this Montu shirt that looked like a comic book cover...not at all unlike this Beast shirt that I own that looks like a comic book cover but promoting a different coaster and in green instead of blue.

So this got me thinking, who designs these? I always thought graphic design teams from the different chains would but seeing as some of these shirt designs have traversed chains (and Kings Island seems to be very unoriginal in their clothing design :p ), they all have to be getting these from the same company. Does anybody know who does this for parks? And do they do this for all of their apparel and merch or do they design some of it themselves?

10559747_1062722530423440_367020437674495815_n.jpg

Cedar Point does a shirt every year and this was 2015's. Notice how someone :dontswear:ed up and GateKeeper isn't in the reflection. My question is: who would have had to get a new job over this? :p

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I have the exact same Iron Rattler shirt, but it was for The Boss at SFSTL.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Park chains do have a central design team which coordinates design for merchandise, banners, maps, promotional material, etc. for all of the parks. And yes, it would appear that in this case, they developed a cooker cutter shirt design that was used for multiple parks.

Cedar Point did a blog post on this last year - a fun glimpse into Cedar Fair's Planning and Design Dept.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article ... endar-Work