Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTSR

• Belt

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

What do you think is the most comfortable restraint?

is it the lap bar, over the shoulder or a belt?

I can't choose they're all uncomfortable :?

EDC :twisted:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, the most comfortable restraints IMO would either be Intamin's lap T-Bar or B&M's clamshell restraints that they use on their Inverts. Both are very very comfy, and I enjoy both about the same.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
Well, the most comfortable restraints IMO would either be Intamin's lap T-Bar or B&M's clamshell restraints that they use on their Inverts. Both are very very comfy, and I enjoy both about the same.

Huh? Where's a B&M invert with clamshells, I'll ride across the world to ride that puppy. :lol: I kno what you meant though.

Clamshells for me for sure, pure heaven.

A

Anonymous

Really enjoy the Intamin T-bar, but the ones on Rollercoaster at BPB arn?t bad either ;-) .

Mat

Hyper Poster
I love the OTSR becuase they are the best becuase you can just sink into them. Although they are annoying on Collosus on the cobra roll, becuase they wack your ear's!

EDIT: Apollogies, I put lap bars instead of OTSR. :oops:

Ben

CF Legend
Colossus has OTSRs... how can lappies hit you on your ears?

I like B&M OTSRs a lot, but I must say, lap bars are the best.

A

Anonymous

I love the lap bars they are the best becuase you can just sink into them. Although they are annoying on Collosus on the cobra roll, becuase they wack your ear's!

Tusk, N00Bs *Shakes head*

Look up what a LAP bar is, and what an OVER THE SHOLDER restraint is, please.

I personally love the B&M invert OTSR, they are bliss for me, always have been, always will be.

A

Anonymous

^ lol

I do have to say, I have a thing for B&M OTSRs..
I just like the feeling of snugness, but never to tight or too unconfortable.. and they don't suddenly tighten (on me) with high forces..

Lapbars are nice, and Clamshells are better, although I have only ever been in one.

Not sure about Intamin Rocket's OTSRs (I guess I'll have to see on Stealth) but Intamin's mega looper OTSRs are horrible! (What were they thinking?!)

My favourite, are the OTSRs on Dragon Khan, without securing seatbelts, and comfy seating! :D

Personally, you can't beat B&M's OTSRs (i haven't experienced the clamshell yet)

The padding is perfect and the seats hold your arse and back nicely.

without securing seatbelts

What difference would that make?

A

Anonymous

The Undead Creature said:
without securing seatbelts

What difference would that make?
Not much :p
One thing I did find quite nice, though, is that you don't have to reach round the restraint to do up the belt.. which normally puts me in a slightly twisted and unconfortable position.

tks

Strata Poster
Have you ridden Air UC? (Maybe you could be renamed Ultimate Cun.. :lol: jks)

I couldn't fall asleep on air personally. The section on your back would wake you up everytime.

Anyway.. B&M flyers are only restraints I like.

The ones on Pmbo hurt! They push down all throughout the ride and if you get your leg in the wrong position it hurts like hell!

Corkscrew/SLC are just wrong. They don't help with padding or anything!

Other B&M ones I always find to be on the large side. I know i'm small but they really make me feel too secure.

I think that individual lap bars that you can adjust to fit your own body are the most comforable. I like the ones on Intamins newer rides as well.

The restraints I hate are the ones like on Time Warp at Geauga Lake where you put the OTSR down, then a thing comes down and makes it extremely tight. I always have red legs after that.

Anyways I can't finish the post because my mom is making me leave.. Ugh, the annoyanges of mothers.

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
The B&M clamshell, and the maurer shone x car restraint are without doubt the most comfortable ones I have experienced.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
B&M Clamshells and Intamin Lap Bars.

Intamin OTSR could be comfortable but it really depends on your weight and height and whether the ride ops do the job well or not ;). That's why some people enjoy Intamin OTSRs whereas others can stand them.

spicy

Giga Poster
Definately B&M flyer restraints are the most comfy, I prefer lapbars to any other restraint though.

A

Anonymous

OTSR for me.

Just the way i am i guess. They are comfy and i just like sitting with them over my shoulders. But the clamshell looks even better, ive never ridden a ride with clamshells though :(

joe

Mega Poster
S&S lap bars are my faviroute, they are really comfy and its easy to get a bit of space for airtime!