Which is better

• Mystery Mine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saw: The Ride

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
I have seen (and been on both), and I wanted to ask, Which of these two "amazing" Euro-Fighters is better, Saw: The Ride or Mystery Mine?

My vote is for Mystery Mine, I thought saw wasn't all that :p

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Martyn H said:
Well Saw sucks, so Mystery Mine :p But I won't vote.

lol, I put the word amazing in for Saw because I wanted to make it "Fair and Balanced" for the vote. It wasn't the greatest (felt like mostly a Mystery Mine knock off) but it was fun. Wouldn't wait 200000000000000000 hours to ride it again next time Im in the UK. You're right, it really wasn't the best.

Rush

Giga Poster
I find it hard to believe you've been to the UK and back during term time with Saw only being open for a week, and the biggest queue being opening day and Saturday.

I haven't ridden either, but I feel obliged to say Mystery Mine has the better theme whereas Saw has the better layout.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
They are 2 completely different rides.
Having been on Saw I can say that it is actually very intense. It doesn't need its theme to increase what it already has but it certainly enhances the overall experience.

Mystery Mine (although I haven't been on it) looks to me as if it relies on the theme to make it good. Much like Thunder Mountain at the Disney parks. Without it, it would be rubbish.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
His location says Tennessee, so one would assume that his school in America had a holiday of some form and he came over for a visit...

Will actually be able to give a decision on this later this year though...

Rush

Giga Poster
Seems an odd time to have a holiday but I suppose it's feasible. I'd like to see a trip report. Unless he went this Saturday or just before it broke I can't see why he waited a long time for it too. (Maybe I'm just being suspicious.)

Ollie

CF Legend
Like Erol said. With Saw they've built a theme around an already ok coaster.
Mystery Mine relies on the theme to make the ride. Watch a POV of it or look up the track layout and it pretty much sucks and relies on the indoor sections to make the ride.
With Saw you've got the Eurofighter ride with the dark section added to the beginning as a bonus.

But they are both good rides though

But I haven't ridden either so can't comment. :p

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Rush said:
I find it hard to believe you've been to the UK and back during term time with Saw only being open for a week, and the biggest queue being opening day and Saturday.

I haven't ridden either, but I feel obliged to say Mystery Mine has the better theme whereas Saw has the better layout.

Its this amazing little thing called spring break

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
They are 2 completely different rides.
Having been on Saw I can say that it is actually very intense. It doesn't need its theme to increase what it already has but it certainly enhances the overall experience.

Mystery Mine (although I haven't been on it) looks to me as if it relies on the theme to make it good. Much like Thunder Mountain at the Disney parks. Without it, it would be rubbish.

You are right, saw is really intense (especially in the Jo-Jo roll before the chain lift), and Mystery Mine does rely on the theme. However, Mystery Mine, on the Heart line roll, in also very intense.

Were you the one who said they really wanted to ride Mystery Mine, or was that someone else?

I've seen POV's of both but haven't been on either, but to me they both look pretty good. So what if Mystery Mine relies a lot on theming? You Brits can't really say much since Saw ha decent theming and the theming is what half the hype was about in the first place. I think Mystery Mine has a good layout, and the indoor sections look amazing, but Saw's theming would probably appel to me more since I like the whole horror thing.

Tie, I'd say, though I don't think either looks spectacular.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Rush said:
Seems an odd time to have a holiday but I suppose it's feasible. I'd like to see a trip report. Unless he went this Saturday or just before it broke I can't see why he waited a long time for it too. (Maybe I'm just being suspicious.)

Its okay, I would be suspicious too if someone said they just were on Thunderhead and said that they were in China or some other place. I (and I am in still in England right now) am going to take a plane ride home, to Atlanta then Cleveland TN, tomorrow. I came over on Spring Break (have to say love the country, it's beautiful)

Slayed

Hyper Poster
^You've caught the UK in a spell of unusually good weather :p.

I like Saw a lot (I've only ridden pre-trim though :wink:), it's a very good compact coaster with great indoor theming, and Eurofighters don't seem to bash me about like they do others.

Disagree with you there Mike, I love Speed but Saw is better.

I haven't ridden Mystery Mine, but I asked the bouncy Thorpe admin manager on the AP day which she preferred having ridden both, and she couldn't decide :p.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Were you the one who said they really wanted to ride Mystery Mine, or was that someone else?

It was me. I really, REALLY want to ride Mystery Mine! :)
Mine/western rides are my favorite type but based on the actual ride, theming aside, Saw seems the better choice.

marc

CF Legend
Not been on either but from what I here Mystery Mine works and has meant to have great theming all the way through so for the 1st time I am going to vote on something I have not been on.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
southend_marc said:
Not been on either but from what I here Mystery Mine works

HAHAHA - WIN.

I haven't been on either but I'd like to try both - I've never been on a Eurofighter full stop (is that on topic enough to justify what I posted?)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mystery Mine gave a me a hardon. Saw has done nothing for me because it's never ****ing working when I visit.

I'm looking forward to riding FvN in July - then I'll be able to compare all three heavily themed Eurofighters.