What's new

Where will the next new-gen Vekoma Flyer go?

Where?

• Total voters

FogZog

Mega Poster
I find this question really exciting because I’m a huge fan of the new-gen Vekoma Flying Coaster model. F.L.Y feels prestigious and expensive which makes me wonder if it’s a feasible option for 80% of parks out there.

My mind goes straight to Universal and Disney when I imagine a park that would be able to match the level of theming on F.L.Y. Universal being a more realistic possibility as they have delved in Flying Coasters before and the model may be too intense for a Disney Park.

However, I think a park like Efteling or Toverland would be able to do the model justice and theme it impressively with a solid backstory. I just can’t see one going to a park in the Six Flags/Cedar Fair chain and becoming a Batman: The Ride or something.

Or maybe Silver Dollar City/Dollywood could pull one off. I’m not aware of any rumours out there about another one in the works but I think it’s fun imagining where the next one will end up.

Oooo imagine Galactica being replaced by one…

I would love to see Universal or Disney give one of these a go, a tamer layout would work wonders for a major Disney ride. However, I can really see this being a one-off smaller installation at one of these middle-eastern megaparks that seems to crop up once in a while and have a standout ride that executes an insane concept in some capacity. Similarly to how the Axis is going to Saudi, Doha got the 200ft indoor coaster, and Dubai got the Polercoaster. These indoor projects have been quite good for flashy, curveball attractions, which fits right in with a vekoma flyer.

I would love to see Universal or Disney give one of these a go, a tamer layout would work wonders for a major Disney ride. However, I can really see this being a one-off smaller installation at one of these middle-eastern megaparks that seems to crop up once in a while and have a standout ride that executes an insane concept in some capacity. Similarly to how the Axis is going to Saudi, Doha got the 200ft indoor coaster, and Dubai got the Polercoaster. These indoor projects have been quite good for flashy, curveball attractions, which fits right in with a vekoma flyer.
I cant totally see one going to Dubai for sure. Deffo inside though as I don’t know how fun flying around in the heat would be unless its themes to hell or something.

And yes Disney! It could be great for a Pandora attraction

You're spot on about the new Vekoma Flyers being a whole different beast than the old ones! F.L.Y. is a masterpiece, but yeah, that price tag is probably scary for a lot of parks.

Universal does seem like the most likely contender in the US, especially since they've got the whole Harry Potter world that could fit a flyer perfectly (imagine swooping around Hogwarts!).

Efteling and Toverland would definitely knock it out of the park theming-wise, but I wonder if they have the budget. Six Flags slapping a superhero theme on it just feels wrong for such a unique coaster.

A guy can dream about a Galactica replacement though, eh? One thing's for sure, wherever the next one lands, it'll be a game-changer!

Energylandia? Considering their tendancy to buy Vekoma rollercoasters and they haven't got a Flyer yet 🤔

At the moment, I'm surprised we haven't seen at least one more Next-Gen Vekoma Flyer show up as of yet after FLY. I'd have thought we'd get one somewhere even if it's in China.

Energylandia? Considering their tendancy to buy Vekoma rollercoasters and they haven't got a Flyer yet 🤔

At the moment, I'm surprised we haven't seen at least one more Next-Gen Vekoma Flyer show up as of yet after FLY. I'd have thought we'd get one somewhere even if it's in China.
They seem to of hit a brick wall in recent years. I fully believe they could pull a brilliant flyer off tho.