What's new

Where is the thread about the 2012 Olympics?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Hot damn this thing is ugly.

AP12051108475.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
Eurgh, it looks like a crappy gumball dispenser, with the spiral and all that... Gross!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Here's the thread, enjoy how ignored it will get :lol:

And yeah, that is like the bastard love child of Mr Whippy and the Spanish Inquisition!

nadroJ

CF Legend
What is that?

Also, lack of thread goes to show just how much we as a country don't really care. All it means to us is a much much MUCH busier summer, longer traffic jams and more packed summer attractions. Meh.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Lies, I can't wait for Olympics in general, let alone with London hosting it. But then I'm a sports nub.

TarinMaria

Mega Poster
That's gross...
I actually don't want to be anywhere near London during the Olympics. Price hikes, busier transport, London constantly packed. Yep, I'm out of here, gonna stay with my sister in Gloucester and ignore the event altogether.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was briefly interested in the Olympics when I found some CFers nominated me to carry the torch, but since I don't have special needs, use a wheelchair or have a sob story, I didn't get it. Gutted as well, some of those torches are fetching up loads of money on eBay.

Erm, Olympics. Yeah, not fussed in the slightest. But then I'm not a sports nub*.

And, oo, are we allowed to call it the "2102 Olympics"? Won't we get sued for breach of copyright or some CRAP?

* I have no idea what a "nub" is.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It's a small chunk of something, or alternatively a slang term for a clit.

See, being an English teacher does come in useful.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I remember thinking the plans for that sculpture looked quite good. How the hell did they manage to build it to look so grotesque?

I don't really like any sport, but as I live in London I was up for popping along to an event. The chaos of ticket allocation saw to that though. So I'm doing what any sensible Londoner faced with a summer of extra tourists, busy roads and overcrowded trains would do - get the hell out of the country for as much of the Olympics as possible.

Also, I have to suffer the work outing to the torch parade. Enforced fun times with my boss will not be improved by seeing someone carrying a giant lighter past Wimbledon cemetery. Or it's possibly on top of a bus. Noone's really sure yet :x

jayjay

Giga Poster
Ian said:
And, oo, are we allowed to call it the "2102 Olympics"? Won't we get sued for breach of copyright or some CRAP?
It's not 2102, so they'll probably laugh at you :p .

I'm looking forward to watching the Olympics. It's weird that I'm not usually a fan of sports, but the olympics usually has me hooked in. Hopefully we're as good at sitting-down sports as we were in Beijing.

Snoo

The Legend
I watch the track events and womens gymnastics.. and MAYBE Micheal Phelps.. but meh otherwise.