What's new

When did you ride your first "big" roller coaster?

bmac

Giga Poster
My first "big" coaster would probably have to be Rockin Roller Coaster at MGM opening year, then a few months later I rode Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens and Grizzly+Hurler at Kings Dominion. Didn't go on another looping coaster until 2001 cause my parents wouldn't let me, lol.

Before those three I believe my coaster count only consisted of kiddie creds and the Sky Princess at Dutch Wonderland.

steel

Mega Poster
Oh man it was Demon at Six Flags Great America and I criiiieed all the way through the queue. I'm sure it was really embarrassing for my parents. I think I was 7? or maybe 8? Shockwave was still there, so I couldn't have been that old. I had just passed 48" that year.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
My first ever roller coaster was the (now demolished) Mad Mouse at Quassy. I couldn't have been older than 4 or 5 at the time, so I definitely thought it was big :)
http://rcdb.com/378.htm

My first coaster with an inversion would come quite a few years later, in the form of Scorpion at Busch Gardens Tampa, probably 7 years old.

First hyper coaster was S:RoS at SFNE, as soon as I hit the height requirement. Too long ago to remember much of it though :(

_sam_

Roller Poster
Re: When did you ride your first "big" roller coaster?

Mine was colossus Thorpe Park when I was eleven. Never realy been in to coasters before that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Hoosier Hurricane at Indiana Beach. Fourth cred ever. Absolutely loved it and its closeness to the water the entire time.