What's new

What's happened to Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370?

What's happened to Flight 370?

• Accident. Lost at sea.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Terrorists. Lost at sea.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Pilot suicide.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrorists. Plane landed in remote location.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other criminal entity. Plane Landed in remote location.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • UFO abduction.

• Other.

• Total voters

Darren B

Giga Poster
Jordanovichy said:
Jordanovichy said:
Probably got lost inside a certain MILF you were talking about yesterday ;)

Ian said:
Darren, your MILF has probably hidden it in a large, cavernous part of her body.

Ahem Ian, I already did that joke ;)

492463fb36b84e7b259a9cc02e8c81cf_zps35ced00e.jpg

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Just found out that the plane was headed to Beijing initially. That pretty much thwarts my dad's crazy theory regarding Kim Jong Un, North Korea likes China if I'm not mistaken, they're not going to take a plane full of all of those Chinese citizens.

I think it was a terrorist attack and the plane has landed somewhere, probably in a hangar right now.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe somebody could ask an experienced airline pilot? Maybe they already did? Maybe it's really not very complicated at all and the investigators really just need to find the black box to confirm themost logical solution? Maybe somebody wrote down a logical explanation?

Maybe...

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh ... ical-fire/

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ I was going to come in here and post that. Why not go and steal an airliner as well as my thunder, furie!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You snooze, you lose. Last person who tried to steal your thunder ended up needing a lung transplant!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
CNN have received countless complaints because this is all they're talking about. I haven't really kept up with much news here recently, is there much being said still or is it just dying?

Rush

Giga Poster
furie said:
Maybe somebody could ask an experienced airline pilot? Maybe they already did? Maybe it's really not very complicated at all and the investigators really just need to find the black box to confirm themost logical solution? Maybe somebody wrote down a logical explanation?

Maybe...

A major flaw with this theory:

The plane reportedly flew for an additional 6-7 hours after making last contact. A fire which is able to knock out the communicative systems may cause the crew to succumb to smoke, but surely a fire that intense would have crippled the jet much sooner? From past experience, fires spread pretty quickly in a plane and can shut down many vital systems in a matter of minutes. A SwissAir plane crashed in 1998 approximately 25 minutes after an in-flight fire was identified. In 1987, a South African 747 crashed about 15 minutes after a fire was detected in the hold.

I also think had it crashed into the sea around the airport proposed by that article, we would have seen evidence of a crash by this point. Even though it took two years to find that Air France wreckage, they could confirm a crash within a week because parts such as lifejackets, seat cushions, the tail fin, float. With a search team as large as the one they've got going, I think they should have found something by this point.

One of the pilots, my guess, the co-pilot has almost certainly hijacked the plane. Since 9/11, passenger hijackings just don't happen anymore. Cockpit doors are now heavily reinforced and even an attempt to break it down would instantly alarm the pilots and they'd declare an emergency. The complete radio silence means that whoever hijacked the plane knew which systems to switch off and how to do so, and also knew how to fly the 777.

Why didn't any passengers detect anything wrong and try and make contact with anyone outside the plane? The pilot flying could have easily made a PA announcement declaring a [fabricated] emergency, meaning the plane will be landing elsewhere/making an alteration of the route. That would eliminate some suspicion within the passengers and cabin crew. The other pilot was probably incapacitated, possibly killed by this point.

Why did one of the pilots hijack the plane?

Some have mentioned the pilot was hired by an organisation to steal the plane for them. Slightly implausible but I guess so would the idea of two planes being deliberately flown into the WTC would have seen ridiculous fifteen years ago. Another idea I have is that the first officer and captain may have had a poor working relationship, perhaps the captain berated something he'd done on a prior flight or in the first 40 minutes of MH370, co-pilot's pride gets wounded, takes the plane his own way to fulfill some ego-driven desire for control essentially. This is just speculation but I believe poor relationships between pilots was a factor in a case of pilot suicide in the past (Egypt Air flight 990) so I wouldn't say it's completely ridiculous.

As for the outcome: I think it's crashed into some mountainous area along the Malaysia -> Kazakhstan arc which they're searching on. Either through running out of fuel or flying low to avoid radar and hitting the mountain. As I said before if it crashed in the sea I think there would have been signs of it happening by now, a terrestrial crash, particularly ones in obscure/isolated mountain areas are much more difficult to locate.

Good luck to the investigators getting much off the black box as well. If the pilot switched off both ACARS and the transponder, he's likely clicked the circuit breakers for the flight data/cockpit voice recorders.

EDIT: Those wondering why the plane didn't show up on ground radar may want to read this article about the aircraft flying in the 'shadow' of another 777 in the area. I'm not 100% convinced this is what happened but some of it seems plausible. Those backing the 'pilot was hired to fly the plane to an undisclosed location' theory should note that an incredibly fortunate turn of events/considerable eventuality planning would be required to pull off what this post suggests.

http://mh370shadow.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Rush said:
furie said:

Maybe...

A major flaw with this theory:

The plane reportedly flew for an additional 6-7 hours after making last contact. A fire which is able to knock out the communicative systems may cause the crew to succumb to smoke, but surely a fire that intense would have crippled the jet much sooner? From past experience, fires spread pretty quickly in a plane and can shut down many vital systems in a matter of minutes. A SwissAir plane crashed in 1998 approximately 25 minutes after an in-flight fire was identified. In 1987, a South African 747 crashed about 15 minutes after a fire was detected in the hold.

The way I read it was that possibly the cockpit was filling with smoke. So the standard procedure was to get the plane on divert to the nearest safe airport and auto pilot while the copilot took out system boards to try and work out where the fire was.

If the fire was in the front wheel as this says, then there wouldn't be much that could be done from the cockpit and the pilot (and crew) would have eventually succumbed to the toxic fumes - presumably after trying to put out the fire and then auto pilot on when it had failed to "do something". It doesn't mean that the entire plane went up in flames though, it could have just been smouldering rubber.

Rush said:
I also think had it crashed into the sea around the airport proposed by that article, we would have seen evidence of a crash by this point. Even though it took two years to find that Air France wreckage, they could confirm a crash within a week because parts such as lifejackets, seat cushions, the tail fin, float. With a search team as large as the one they've got going, I think they should have found something by this point.

Quite possibly, but we're talking a very large area and are they looking at the alternative flight path? I honestly don't know.

I know you look for the simple answers first and when they're disproved, you start to look at alternatives which are much less likely - until you have something that fits and evidence which backs it up.

Obviously, speculation is fine :)

Rush

Giga Poster
I had a look at the article again and noted that it was originally published on 14 March, which was shortly before some of the details such as the automatic pings and the alternative flight arcs were officially announced. This will explain why a lot of it doesn't appear to make sense with what's been determined now.

The original posting is here: https://plus.google.com/106271056358366282907/posts/GoeVjHJaGBz

Whilst I think the theory is sound, it doesn't add up to what the Malaysian investigators have been finding.

furie said:
The way I read it was that possibly the cockpit was filling with smoke. So the standard procedure was to get the plane on divert to the nearest safe airport and auto pilot while the copilot took out system boards to try and work out where the fire was.

If the fire was in the front wheel as this says, then there wouldn't be much that could be done from the cockpit and the pilot (and crew) would have eventually succumbed to the toxic fumes - presumably after trying to put out the fire and then auto pilot on when it had failed to "do something". It doesn't mean that the entire plane went up in flames though, it could have just been smouldering rubber.
I think the general standard procedure would be to switch to manual control at this point actually, mainly so the pilots can sense which of their command rolls are still functioning properly and how much maneuverability their aircraft has. I don't think the aircraft necessarily would have gone up in flames, chances are it would have burned out the control surfaces, autopilot disconnected (if the pilots hadn't done so already), catastrophic loss of control, splash. But it wouldn't have taken 7 hours to do that.

One thing I forgot to mention as well, whereas the pilot disabled the manual ACARS system, the plane still automatically send out pings (to switch this automatic system off you'd need to go under the cockpit floor and flick the switch). I doubt a fire would have only partially disabled this system, the complete ACARS would have gone down and there wouldn't be any pings being sent out.

But yeah at the moment it's just a matter of speculation, everyone gets attracted to a theory and defends it all by attempting to disprove everyone else's. :mrgreen: Who knows what else is left to be uncovered or (I don't like to delve into conspiracy corner) what is being witheld.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If the information is out of date and has been disproved, then I've moved on back to "whatevs" :lol:

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Suppose here is as good a place as any to post some news.

Australian satellites have detected a couple of pieces of what could be debris from the flight in a remote part of the Indian Ocean. Australian forces have been searching the area but at the time of posting this, nothing has been found.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Well basically I thought that from the sattelites l think that someone put a bomb in it,or its just in hiding. or in space, I wonder where and when it`ll be found.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
There where 20 people from Freescale on the plane, they where working on cloaking things for the military (e.i. tanks, heli's, etc.). I think they landed it in a remote location, killed the others and held the ones from Freescale hostage and got the info out of them so they could cloak hijacked planes. Then killed them.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I reckon it crashed into the Indian Ocean.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That's just a cover up though. The government (don't ask which, just the government) arranged for the hijack and is now mind washing and retraining the passengers to become super soldiers in the fight against, erm, squirrels or something.

I read all about it on the internet!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Well, when you consider what happened yesterday was:

Big Airline Exec text message to the families, "your loved one is dead, sorry"
Malaysian PM holds a presser and says, "based on analysis and assumptions, everyone is dead. don't ask me to show you the plane, or any bodies people, this is science they are dead"

I can understand why the conspiracy theories are still on full steam.