What's new

What Parks do you know like the back of your hand?

spicy

Giga Poster
What parks do you know inside out? You don't need a park map you know where every ride, shop, toilet etc. is.

You know where absolutely everything is! You get the idea :wink:

Parks I know inside out are:

Chessie
Thorpe
Alton
Disneyland Park Paris
Walt Disney Studio Park Paris
Port Aventura

Thats about it, not a great list I bet people know alot more!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Thorpe (well I'd hope so by now!)
Chessie
Alton
Probally 80% of BPB
AI
CP (It looks crazy, but its actually quite simple)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Well I kinda need to know Chessie and I do indeed know it all...

Same for Thorpe, Alton, DLP...

Not that many really, but I'm quite good at navigating even new parks, so it's often not a hassle...

jayjay

Giga Poster
Alton Towers is the only one I'd say I know like the back of my hand. Camelot as well probably, but let's face it, there's not much of that park to remember.

Ollie

CF Legend
Thorpe
Alton
Chessie
Drayton (Not the zoo bit though as haven't gone there)
Most of Blackpool
Oakwood
Paultons Park
Fort Fun
Grove Land
Movie Park Germany
Phantasialand (until the layout changes again ;))

Ones that I still don't have a clue:
Tripsdrill :p
That place is like a bloody rat maze. :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
Most of the ones I've been to. I have a really good memory when it comes to that.

As far as perfection? Cedar Point.. easily. I know every bathroom, back route, short cut.. ect ect.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^If you know CP like the back of your right hand, then you probably know Waldy like the back of your left hand Marcus.
I have to agree with you on this one. To know a park like the back of your hand is to know
SnooSnoo said:
every bathroom, back route, short cut.. ect ect.
and I find it hard to believe that A-Kid knows CP as well as many of us yanks or that spicy knows Disney Paris or Port Aventura that well & I know Ollie doesn't know all at the German parks mentioned. :wink:

In addition to CP & Waldy, I know SFGAdv (could probably do the park blindfolded), Dorney Park, SFNE, Lake Compounce, Hersheypark, Kings Dominion, BGW, FMP/HRP & Carowinds inside out. That means everything I quoted SnooSnoo for (including every type of food/game/merch stand & all shows).

I have no problem navigating almost every other park I've visited, but SFoG & Knoebels always trip me up at one point or another. Can't say I'm strong on the Disney parks either, as I've only done them once & there's a lot I skipped.

Jools

Giga Poster
Pleasure Beach Blackpool
Pleasure Beach Great Yarmouth
Pleasurewood Hills
Alton Towers
Thorpe Park
Drayton Manor
Lightwater Valley
Flamingo land (but not the zoo)

peep

CF Legend
It doesn't take me very long to fully remember an entire park map, very good at knowing where to go etc.

Parks I know very well (better than the back of my hand :wink: ) are:

Chessington
Thorpe Park (not a lot to know there though)
Alton Towers
Disneyland Paris (including the Studios, how to get to each Disney hotel and everything in the Village)
Paultons
Adventure Island
Toverland (like Thorpe, not hard to understand the layout)

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Most of the ones I've been to. I have a really good memory when it comes to that.

Same Here but the ones that I know 100% are:
Valleyfair
Nickelodeon Universe

But I feel I know Six Flags Great Adventure almost perfect.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I love how everyone says that they know parks like the back of their hand from reading park maps. :lol:

valleyfair! at SFGAdv - can you tell me where the Wii Expierence booth, the skee ball stand are or how many Johnny Rockets there are, where they are & which ones serve hamburgers? Which food stand is the only one that servers kosher items? Where is it located? Which toilet has the most stalls/urinals? Which one is the least busy? What is the fastest way to get to EL Toro from the fountain? Is it quicker to walk from the log flume to Nitro or to ride the sky ride when there's no wait for the ride? Is there a short cut to re-ride El Toro if there's no one waiting in the queue?
These are but a few questions you need to be able to answer to know the park perfectly. If you can't answer 80% of them, then you don't know the park almost perfect either.

I'm not singling you out valleyfair!, just trying to make a point. :wink:

Error

Strata Poster
I know Cedar Point absolutely perfect, and really only get park maps to have them. I felt stupid this year because I don't have a single one for 2009.

I know Six Flags Great America VERY generally. I can tell you where rides are, how to get to places close by, and when the park closes. That's about it. Anything else I'd need my sidekick for.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Did you lose the park maps I gave you? Those were for 2009. :?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Basically, once I go to a park, I know how to navigate around. I can get to a ride without a map if I go there a second time. There's really only three parks I know extremely well; Cedar Point, King's Island, and Michigan's Adventure.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Thorpe Park I can do backwards and blindfolded.

Chessington I know pretty well.

Drayton Manors pretty easy,

Alton Towers.. Simple enough.

Disneyland paris I can do Blindfolded..

zcl

Mega Poster
Six Flags Great Adventure and Rye Playland...but there's not much at Rye Playland.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Port Aventura, I've been quite a few times and it is just one big circle anyways so it's easy to navigate :p .