What's new

What park's best ride isn't a coaster?

cocoa

Mega Poster
heck, my favorite ride period probably isn't even a coaster. I will never stop loving Journey at Disneysea. While the ride itself is a bit too short, the whole experience of the area, queue, etc, is just peak theme park to me. And it does have a surprisingly solid pop of airtime and speed :)

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Having just revisited Drayton Manor a couple of days ago that was the first park that sprung to mind when I saw this topic. I'd go so far as to say Apocalypse, The Haunting and even Sheriff Shootout are more enjoyable than any of their coasters 😆

I'd probably also say that Spiderman is the best ride at Islands of Adventure, but that's because I've not visited since they put Velocicoaster in.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
I'd say most small parks. They most have a standard family and kiddy coaster - with luck something horrible like a Pinfari or Verkoma Whirlwind. If they have a Gerstlauer SkyFly or a former funfair flat like a BreakDancer or Shaker those are the better rides.

cookie

Giga Poster
Phantasialand - As much as I love Taron (tied with Kondaa for my #1 at the moment), Chiapas might be my favourite ride of all time. A masterpiece of a water ride that there isn’t a dull moment on.

Walt Disney Studios Paris - Tower of Terror and Ratatouille are obviously superior to RC Racer and Crush. Haven’t done RnR/Avengers yet.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ooh, great topic!

This may sounds surprising but... Walibi Belgium. Dalton Terror is the best, floatiest drop tower I've ever ridden. I would take Dalton Terror over Kondaa, Pulsar and all the other coasters there any day. I just could not stop running round for more re-rides on it, which is the ultimate sign for me!

Even better, that's not the only incredible ride that's not a coaster at Walibi Belgium! Challenge of Tutankhamon and Popcorn Revenge are two fantastic interactive dark rides with heaps of re-ridability too.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
What park's best ride is not a coaster?

Me:
-Adventure Island (Time Machine)
-Brighton Pier (Booster)
-Funland Hayling Island (Super Cyclone)
-Funland Weston-Super-Mare (Airmaxx)
-Harbour Park Amusements (Whirlpool Waltzer)
-Legoland Windsor (Flight of the Sky Lion)
Paultons Park (Cyclonator)
-Southport Pleasureland (Extreme)
-Wicksteed Park (Water Chute)

What're yours?
I will update this now that the 2023 season is over! I do not plan on visiting any more new parks for this year...

Adventure Island (Time Machine)
Barry Island Pleasure Park (Aerospace)
Big Sheep (Tractor Ride)

Brighton Pier (Booster*)
Chessington World of Adventures (Rameses Revenge*)
Clacton Pier (Twister)
Coney Beach Pleasure Park (Megaspin*)
Drayton Manor Park (Apocalypse*)
Dreamland Margate (Top Spin*)
Flamingo Park (Ghost Train)

Funland Hayling Island (Cyclone)
Funland Theme Park (Airmaxx*)
Harbour Park Amusements (Water Chute)
Legoland Windsor (Flight of the Sky Lion)
Milky Way Adventure Park (Droid Destroyer Dodgems)
Ocean Beach Pleasure Park (Breakdance)

Paultons Park (Cyclonator)
Southport Pleasureland (Extreme*)
South Pier (Hellraiser)
Tivoli Friheden (Sommerfuglen)
Walt Disney Studios Paris (Tower of Terror)
West Midland Safari Park (Venom)

Wicksteed Park (Water Chute)

Rides marked with a * indicate that the ride is gone.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Disney World Hollywood Studios - RotR
Disney World Animal Kingdom - Flight of Passage
Walt Disney Studios Paris - Tower
Efteling - Symbolica (although this is a tough one, as I'm not sure whether I prefer De Vliegende Hollander, both are just brilliant.)
Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Valhalla

cookie

Giga Poster
Chessington - Tiger Rock
Tivoli Friheden - Hjertekig
Walt Disney Studios Paris - Tower of Terror & Ratatouille
Phantasialand - Chiapas

Seaworld San Diego - Shipwreck rapids. Know one talks about it, but it is SOOOOOO well themed and has some really fun effects. Also the whole area around it is very well done, and the soundtrack is great.

Any Disney Park

Universal Hollywood - Forbiden Journey...need I say more? (until Fast and Furious)