What's new

What is the wettest water ride you've ever been on?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Water rides have been a staple of theme parks for many years, and they tend to vary in levels of wetness, ranging from a light spray to an absolute drenching. But my question to you is; what is the very wettest water ride you've ever been on?

For me, my personal answer to this question is Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. My oh my; I was not quite prepared for how wet this ride would be, and I was expecting a very wet ride! For starters, it's the only water ride I've ever ridden where my feet were soaked to the skin before the ride had even left the station due to the amount of cold water in the bottom of the boat! From there on in, it's just an onslaught of various different drops and water effects, including a giant water vortex that actually manages to spray directly onto the boat dependant on where you're sitting! I think my dad summed Valhalla up quite well; "I think I'd have been drier if I'd jumped out of the boat and swam back to the station!". For me, Valhalla really was a whole new level of water ride wetness that I'd never experienced before, and I've been to Florida multiple times!

However, I must also give an honourable mention to Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges at Islands of Adventure; that ride is the literal definition of a soaker, and definitely not too far behind Valhalla in terms of wetness!

So, what is the wettest water ride you've ever ridden?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Probably the Dorney Park Rapids. Went on only expecting a light dusting as you would get on UK rapids, I was wrong! Course itself fairly tame but all hell breaks loose with fountains and waterfalls!

Honorable mentions to Valhalla and Walibi Belgium rapids

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I’ve actually got much wetter on Tidal Wave at TP than any time I’ve ridden Valhalla. If the wind is right, and that wall of water comes back down on you, you don’t have a dry patch!

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
I’ve actually got much wetter on Tidal Wave at TP than any time I’ve ridden Valhalla. If the wind is right, and that wall of water comes back down on you, you don’t have a dry patch!

I see what you mean but I found that I felt wetter overall on Valhalla. Although if it was based on a single drop then Tidal Wave would win as that splash is insane!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GregBoxall

Roller Poster
I'll agree with most people, Valhalla. Tidal Wave at TP is great, but Valhalla is relentless. Especially when that water tunnel is turned on!

Bilge-Rat Barges comes a close second. Universal designed it as a soaker due to the hot Florida weather. Definitely my favourite way to cool down when visiting IoA.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
Is Bilge-Rat Barges the one that used to be Jurassic Park bc when I went (2011) that ride got me soaked

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean I kind of have to say Valhalla. I'd like to think it's in the top 5 wettest water rides in the world. You get that soaked that I only bother to ride it once a year.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Valhalla is sick and definitely the wettest I've done, probably followed by River Quest. Both are fantastic attractions!
Honorable mention to Liseberg's Flume Ride when you fill a boat with 5 grown men...

Boodangy

Mega Poster
It would have to be Vonkaputous (rip) which was as at Linnanmäki in Finland. It got removed after constant downtime to make way for Taiga, but it was at the edge of the park and the splashdown directly bordered a public road/park so they installed a big ol plexiglass wall so if the splash itself wasn't wet enough, the splash would get bounced back right onto the trains by the big plexiglass wall, aforementioned wall seen here.

GregBoxall

Roller Poster
Is Bilge-Rat Barges the one that used to be Jurassic Park bc when I went (2011) that ride got me soaked

Bilge-Rat is the parks rapids ride, located in the Toon Lagoon area. River Adventure is a different water ride found in the Jurassic Park area.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Tidal Wave for me probably.

Though I find River Quest makes you wetter all over (head to toe) whereas Tidal Wave mostly just leaves your top half forever wet due to the restraints and whatnot.

Marcus

Roller Poster
Would have to agree with Valhalla, from the moment you get in the boat that is already filled with water in the footwell later in the day (even though staff have that vacuum cleaner device it can't clear all that water quick enough, once you have wet feet, to me you have nothing to lose, it's to me the worse part to be wet!

Second would have to goto River Quest if you get a bad (or good depending on if you want to get wet) ride, although I've never come off relatively dry, I have see people who have so Tidal Wave is more consistent but it's can be worse on river quest.

Also of not most standard old log flumes with slot of weight at the front of the boat, the Flume's (rip) first two drops were bad/good for this, even that first innocent but with the right boat situation you could get a right soaking at the front, felt pretty much like a bucket of water being thrown over your lap!

Last edited:

VDCoasterBoy

Roller Poster

Tidal Wave was amazing, I got soaked. Not sure if it’s wetter than Valhalla though.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Valhalla made me immune to any other water ride or weather condition, so my vote goes to it.
Tidal Wave can get you quite wet too, bit on there it's obvious you're going to get wet.
Valhalla looks unsuspicious!

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Nothing comes close to Valhalla for a head to toe drenching. In the north of England of all places.

Back row on Storm Force 10 isn't far off.

Drenched at Oakwood gives a forceful blast to the face and then some.

Tidal Wave, Snake River Falls and the similar one at Kentucky Kingdom are also worthy contenders.

Popeye is my favourite but it's possible to come off dry depending on where you're sitting.