What's new

What is the weirdest flat ride you've seen/ridden?

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Personally, I don't have any Weird ones that I've ridden, but I have seen many weird ones. My top three are
3. Stratosphere rides
2. That Funtime rocket ship thingy
1. Excalibur at SFSL

X: Uknown

Mega Poster
-1331dbb391fa27d0.jpg
Anyone know what these things are?
-f64989452ee3975b.jpg

Lucy

Hyper Poster
The weirdest flat rides I've been on are:
1. Sea Panic - which was kind of like a stand up tagada that was located at Wonderland in Sydney.
2. Mission Space - the KMG tower ride a bit like a star flyer but madder and awesome :)
3. Time Machine at Adventure Island in Southend - very unique but quite good :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
That Looping Carousel at Legendia. (Yay for shameless self-promotion!)

:eek:

I'm still recovering from this horrible bloody thing :p
[media]

Both of those look truly disgusting. Why would you even...

The weirdest one I've seen is that Sledgehammer thing at CW that @Hixee mentoned. It wasn't working the day I was there, looked weird enough sitting still. Now that I've watched that clip, looks even weirder in motion.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away perhaps?) I'd have happily ridden such a contraption. These days? Not so much. Too old for that spin n spew sh*t.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Vertigo is probably the most insane flat ride on the planet. So crazy intense. Another weird one is Kieppi at Linnanmäki. Really made me go WTF when I saw it for the first time.

mouse

Giga Poster
This thing at Diggerland in Devon!
diggerland---durham.jpg

It genuinely is just a digger with a modified bucket, and is operated the way a normal digger would be. It lifts you up and spins you around for a bit, before spinning in the other direction. The continuous sideway spinning made me feel really queasy. The park also has a crane converted into a scenic ride that lifts you up and holds you for a bit, a digger converted into a merry-go-round, and a tipper truck where you sit in the bucket and get driven around until the driver gets bored.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm still recovering from this horrible bloody thing :p
[media]

Best. Flat ride. EVER! Love me a good spin and spew.

The St Petersburg rocket on a string thing (see 'rides that still genuinely scare you,' topic) was pretty odd. And pretty terrifying.

The crazy train things are also amazing.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Oh yes the Crazy Train - that is the worst flat ride I've been on as well as being unusual :D

Mack

Mega Poster
SFNE and I think a few other SF parks have this ride they call Houdini and basically you go in and sit on this long bench and the floor begins rocking but then the room begins to rotate in a way to complete the motion giving the illusion that you are going vertical/upside down. It was the strangest experience.