What's new

What do you like doing while waiting in lines for roller coasters?

kneehowguys

Roller Poster
Some ideas I have:
- Ipad 12.9 inch with 4G LTE looks pretty fantastic for waiting in long lines
- Foldable crutches or cane to lean on/put in a backpack while waiting in line
- Had thought about using an electric wheelchair to be more comfortable waiting in line but then there's obviously no place to put the wheelchair. I can walk/run fine. Any way around this? I can't imagine the staff would agree to watch over a wheelchair, would they? Anyone know what wheelchaired people do when they go on roller coasters? And if the wheelchair, that might suck.

I am planning to go to amusement parks with my brother.

Some games to play with my brother on a tablet
- Chess / simple board games
- Recommend any two player tablet games?

Other ideas
- Music / movies on the tablet (not sure ipad will be bright enough for a summer day waiting in line)
- Trying to find a spare battery pack for the ipad.

What do you like doing while waiting in lines for roller coasters? Any advice for the stuff above?

!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Edit: Converted all text to black, for some reason you'd posted a load of it in white! Now we can read it. :p

For me it's mostly just pratting around on my phone or with my camera. If I'm with other people I'll chat to them. I'm quite easily entertained watching the world go by, so rarely struggled to pass the time. I do have a few basic games (think, block break type ones) on my phone, which can come in handy if it's a particularly bad one.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Sorry but I'm a bit disgusted by the idea of the wheelchair honestly... Why would you want to use one if you can perfectly walk and stand... I'm all but a white knight and can be supportive of some idea's other might find controversial, but acting as if you are disabled, while you're not, is just disrespectfull.
That aside! No feuds held!

I'd think foldable chairs can work (Has the same effect as the above but you're not mocking annyone). You have a lot of these camping type chairs/tripods which aren't larger than an A4 (so easily placeable in a backpack)
I actually just like talking to my friends when I'm with them and enjoying themeing and stuff. But I can understand that themeing-wise not all parks are so nice to look at. Reading books might be a good idea?

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
I've never found myself in a queue so bad that it required any specific action, and often when you're having a day of constant mental stimulation it can be nice to recuperate for a few minutes. Certainly, I think all the OP's suggestions seem like overkill. Having said that, this website does provide literally thousands of solutions for boredom if you need them:
https://www.waterstones.com/

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Well, uhhh, tell these ideas to my top 2 coasters as of now. It won't work!

However, when I AM allowed to have my phone in line, I usually just browse Twitter, Snapchat, or even Discord sometimes. Either that or talk to my friends/family.

Peet

Giga Poster
Sorry but I'm a bit disgusted by the idea of the wheelchair honestly... Why would you want to use one if you can perfectly walk and stand...
C'mon we've all dreamed of different ways of queueing a little more comfortably, like a set of seats on a conveyor belt :) Pretty sure he wasn't making a serious suggestion.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
C'mon we've all dreamed of different ways of queueing a little more comfortably, like a set of seats on a conveyor belt :) Pretty sure he wasn't making a serious suggestion.
Even better, how about seats on some sort of track? Might be fun to add some turns and uppy-downy bits to make it a bit more fun. ;)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Usually on my phone, unless I’m in line for Steel Vengeance, in which case I dutifully place it in a locker and definitely stash in my pocket.

J Rod

Roller Poster
I just talk and people watch with whoever I'm with. Usually I'll rarely touch my phone the whole day at a park.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Regarding the wheelchair thing - go to China, lots of big rides there have seating built into the queueline. Cos they've got it sussed obviously.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
15 minute naps would work in between despatches. Just wake me when you're ready.

In fairness I've never queued more than an hour anywhere there. Operations may well be terrible, but the crowds aren't often around to exacerbate it.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
I spend most of my time just watching the coaster go around the layout. I had a great time watching Steel Vengeance whip around that layout as I waited for it, for example

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
I spend most of my time just watching the coaster go around the layout. I had a great time watching Steel Vengeance whip around that layout as I waited for it, for example
See the problem I have with this is I keep thinking about the ride and overhype it.
And cmon guys... socialize! That’s what I do! Or I watch the “airtime” show Cedar Fair has on their TVs( I think that’s what it’s called),