What's new

What do/did Your Parents Think?

I was thinking back to my very first CF-Live, and how when I asked my mom about it she told me to stop joking around and that I'm not allowed to go for sure. Eventually she gave in obviously and then she said she thought everyone was so nice from what she got to see. Now she lets me go on trips and stuff! My dad was iffy about the meetups, but he will NOT allow me on trips so I have to keep it secret from him :p .

So it made me wonder, what did your parents think at first when you went to your first meetup, or if you haven't been to one yet, about CF in general?

They thought it was cool. Plus I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself :p

Grandma was a bit worried about me coming to Germany/Denmark with you guys though lol

My mum was fine with it but my dad didn't really like the idea. Although after the EuroLive my Dad seems fine with it though. He seems to have heard stuff that never happened though. He seems to think we mess around the whole time, like once he said "I know you were throwing food around" and I was like WTF? as nothing like that has ever happened as far I'm aware off.

At first they were a bit sceptical, but they dropped me and my brother off for the Oakwood Live in 2008 and realised that it was actually a good thing.

They've gradually warmed to the idea and they now know I'm old enough to make these decisions myself. They're both really cool about the US-Live, in fact, they both encourage it!

So yeah, they were a bit concerned at first, which parents wouldn't be? But they've come to accept it.

I've made some great friends through the theme park forums I belong to and I think my Mum's pleased that I've met some new people!

While I don't have much of a cash flow, they aren't a fan of the cost they contribute.. but they are happy I have a hobby which makes me incredibly happy and won't just end like track will in 2 months.

Well I haven't been to one yet but I have asked them previously and they didn't seem to care much as long as they meet everyone and make sure I'm in good hands they don't mind. (hint hint wink wink :wink: )

Everyone but my parents know. It's just better that they not worry, but I have other family - my aunt and such who do know and agree it's better for her (mum's the word, and indeed the problem). My dad just agrees with her because it's better to :p

So yeah, that's not going to happen for a few years.

Oh well.

My parents are sheltering bums so they didn't want me to go.

It took some major convincing but then my mom finally gave in and took me. She still doesn't like it, but I don't care. It's great to be with you guys.

My parents didn't really care because they knew that I was going to an amusement park. They just wanted to meet everybody and know who I would be with. Now, they know that I am with good people and trust me.

They were fine at first but when we went to Alton Towers for the second time and I went off with some enthusiasts they soon dropped the hesitation ever since as they know i really enjoy it and have a good time.

Seeing as I was 24 when I attended my first CF-Live and I was Ian from CoasterForce, they had no problem.

In fact, I didn't even tell them!

There is a bit of hoo-har in the news at the moment about meeting people from the internet. As long as you take all the right precautions; tell your parents where you're going, who you're going to meet and what time you'll be back, there is little worry.

If any parent is worried about you meeting people from CF at a park, by all means they can contact me.

My parents wont let me go to a live. :cry: As none of them like coasters they dont understand the proper concept and that its actually organise not just random peole meeting up!

My parents don't mind it as it keeps me occupied and it is apart of being an enthusiast. As long as I am happy they are happy that's what they say anyways. Mom feels as long as it interests me and I enjoy it then it is fine. Dad on the other hand can be a bit of a douch with trips and all that as he finds it a point he can't understand.

I have to keep it a secret and sneak off to the parks to meet up with people [/Ploddish in my position if he was 36] :p

Yeah, it's not really an issue let's face it. My folks are a bit iffy about CF though, but only because they're 60, don't like coasters and are of the "wary" generation. They've been at a couple of lives and kept to themselves really (or gone off with the kids).

Again, if anyone wants their parents to talk to me, they can. I've been bringing Minor_Furie to meets since he was nine (he's 13 now) and Maxi-Minor_Furie since just after conception (not THAT soon - steady on) :p

Parents can have my number and as much in the way of details as they could possibly want top make them feel happier. Madame_Furie works in a school (part time) so has been checked out by the authorities as safe too.

As it gets me out of the house, my parents do approve...

Plus they enjoy coasters as well, and my dad has appeared at a handful of lives to boot...

So yeah, they don't care...

My parents don't know about coasters and don't like them. But as I live with my partner I don't need to tell them.