What's new

What Could've Been - RMC Mega Zeph

carolinacoasterfreak

Roller Poster
We all know after Katrina hit New Orleans, Six Flags New Orleans closed indefinitely. Rumors have been going around from time to time about the possible restoration of the park or it being bought by another company, but that seems to be far fetched. After recently seeing some pictures of the park in Business Insider article (http://www.businessinsider.com/abandoned-six-flags-new-orleans-2018-1), it got me thinking: What would a RMC Mega Zeph look like if it was still around and owned by Six Flags to be converted?

I personally have never rode it, but knowing that it has been retracked by RMC before and the way the layout looks, I think they could do some pretty impressive things with it.

What're your thoughts? Anyone who's rode it who thinks this would've been a great RMC conversion?

Peet

Giga Poster
Mega Zeph is a hybrid - it has a steel structure. I don't think RMC have converted a hybrid before, I can't see why they wouldn't, I suppose the result would be a pure steel coaster with no wood remaining.
I never rode it, those bunny hops towards the end look great though, I would love to see it restored although I imagine it's beyond repair now. And yeah and RMC version would be pretty cool too!