What's new

What are some underrated night rides?

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
We all know about the Beast and Boulder Dash, but what are some rides that really come to life at night that don't get enough praise?

Snoo

The Legend
Lightning Rod and Voyage.

Voyage is by FAR the best night ride in existence. It makes Beast and Boulder Dash look like childs play. Lightning Rod is another underrated ride that has not been ridden by many.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Everybody following this post just doesn't even know (except Joey, Marcus, and Kevin).

The Voyage. That's all you need to know. Nothing else is comparable and there is no argument.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I love a night ride on Big Grizzly Mountain.

It's obviously not a large scale ride, but the lighting around the mountain and pools of water basically elevate the whole thing.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Helix at night is significantly better than during the day. That's not to say it's a bad ride during the day, quite the opposite, but the night ride is something special.

Most creds are slightly better at night but Helix is the only one I've ridden which has a drastic improvement.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Not many have ridden it, but Monster at Adventureland turns magical at night. The way the lights were made is so that the riders don't see much, creating a dark night ride, but everyone on the ground is witnessing a light show. It's beautiful and one of the best light packages of all time.

RyanY

Roller Poster
I know it's a family ride but I find Th13teen to be much better in the dark, makes the outside section worthwhile.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Everest is my choice. It's probably twice as good at night. Just the whole atmosphere (as well as the intensity for some odd reason) is much better. One that most haven't ridden but is already among the rest is Lightning Rod. Just incredible. Not sure if Fury 325 is thrown around much, but I thought it was incredible at night as well.

If we are talking about not roller coasters, Splash Mt at WDW is drastically better at night, in my opinion. In general though, I find most rides (that are outdoors) much better at night. It just adds make the ride more exciting and dramatic I guess.

coaster addict

Mega Poster
We like the usual suspects like Voyage, Millennium Force during bug season, I-305, and Fury 325, but we are really hopeful that Lightning Rod will get on track for everybody - its night ride is really fantastic!

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Troy at Toverland. During the day it's still good, but at night it's a whole different beast. Especially during halloween it's incredible.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Trawling through some slightly older topics this morning I noticed that no one here has suggested Lightning Racer. That's great at night all lit up and gives the park a real charm. One of the few POVs I love to re-watch over again.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Expedition Everest was a real highlight, and in the same breath the Kilamanjaro Safari. Excellent.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Grizzly at Kings Dominion back seat at night is amazing.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

VTCGA5

Roller Poster
Goliath at SFGAm at night. From the lift-hill you can see the whole town of Gurnee lit-up in the distance and then you plunge into total darkness

Too bad it's over in 40 seconds :roll:

Last edited: