What's new

Wet 'n' Wild Orlando - Blastaway Beach

Brookes

Giga Poster
Couldn't find if this had been said before, but looks like Wet 'n' Wild are installing a new family area. It should make the place better as I found it to be quite bland in comparison to it's company in terms of water park competition in the area.

Orlando, FL (April 24, 2012) – Today Wet ‘n Wild Orlando announced the name of their new family water play area Blastaway Beach™ scheduled to open June 2012.

Covering an acre and featuring a new sandcastle-themed water playground, Blastaway™ Beach is expected to be the largest of its kind in Florida. This will be Wet ‘n Wild’s first new attraction in over four years.

Built around a sandcastle rising 60-feet high, the new attraction will feature 17 slides, expand across two pools and have over 160 soakers, jets, waterfalls and water cannons.

Designed especially for families Blastaway Beach™ will feature a single entrance/exit, creating a secluded environment that is family-friendly and family-safe.

Wet ‘n Wild Orlando, the world’s first waterpark as recognized by the World Waterpark Association, introduced the world to the waterpark concept in 1977. Today, over 15 themed rides and attractions comprise an arsenal of thrills that provide guests an exciting variety of ways to “share the rush” with family and friends.

More: Here

Lofty

CF Legend
I love these "Ride Houses" - I think they're called (?)

They're just kind of self-contained kids waterparks, they're a fantastic idea. Gonan get to go and see this one in September <3

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm sure there'll be room for some kind of arrangement, I mean, i'm sure they'll let you drift down on your own.

Brookes

Giga Poster
For those interested:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCmvOkJmUZg&feature=g-u-u[/youtube]

I'm quite impressed; looks like they've done a pretty good job.