fetch

fetch

fetch

Source: Blog Mickey

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I've been waiting for that update for a while. It's kind of a strange year when the construction thread for the biggest coaster ever built at the world's most visited park goes for seven and a half months without an update.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've been waiting for that update for a while. It's kind of a strange year when the construction thread for the biggest coaster ever built at the world's most visited park goes for seven and a half months without an update.
It's also just a clone, though... :p

I suspect it's a combination of things - lots on 'unseen' progress (indoors or otherwise hidden from view), generally lower footfall through the parks, Velocicoaster and Iron Gwazi stealing more of the limelight. Construction forum seems slow all round, quite frankly.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I suspect it's a combination of things - lots on 'unseen' progress (indoors or otherwise hidden from view), generally lower footfall through the parks, Velocicoaster and Iron Gwazi stealing more of the limelight. Construction forum seems slow all round, quite frankly.
Yes indeed. At least this has got a little more attention than the biggest coaster ever built at the world's seventh-most visited park across the road, though. That thread hasn't seen an update for nearly a year, probably because all the same reasons are present to an even greater degree.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Oh not sure if it's been said here but word is that Tron has been pushed back from Summer 2021 to early 2022. Cosmic Rewind pushed back from late 2021 to Epcot's 40th anniversary in October 2022.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh not sure if it's been said here but word is that Tron has been pushed back from Summer 2021 to early 2022. Cosmic Rewind pushed back from late 2021 to Epcot's 40th anniversary in October 2022.
Never like being "that guy", but do you have a source for this?

It actually sounds very plausible, but then with the state of things at the moment I don't trust any sort of planned opening date that takes the format 202#... :p

Ethan

Strata Poster
Never like being "that guy", but do you have a source for this?

It actually sounds very plausible, but then with the state of things at the moment I don't trust any sort of planned opening date that takes the format 202#... :p
Honestly it's just what many articles/videos are saying, so it could be bollocks, it's just what the rumours are saying at this moment!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Honestly it's just what many articles/videos are saying, so it could be bollocks, it's just what the rumours are saying at this moment!
Could be a classic case of one person making something up, then two other sites reporting on it, then another site referencing those two sites and a video by the originator citing the other three sites. The rumor mill can be mighty effective!

Then again, it could also just be true. :D

Ethan

Strata Poster
Indeed! To be fair I imagine things will be delayed substantially, given how badly Disney seems to be doing at the moment and that construction slowed as much as it did. Whether or not it'll be delayed to the extent of the rumours, I have no clue at all, but I wouldn't be surprised!

Great start for Mr Chapek isn't it...

Niles

Giga Poster
Some great pics from mousesteps, follow the link at the bottom to see more:

1610496934256.jpeg
1610497038239.png
1610497243159.png
1610497316761.png
Gezzz this bit will hurt 😉

1610497172040.png
1610497353236.png

Shame this has been pushed back as it’s one of the coasters I’m most excited for.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
I'm more excited about riding this than probably any other Disney coaster I've not done yet including the indoor Guardians of the Galaxy thing and Expedition Everest.
Aesthetically Tron looks awesome. I really liked the Legacy movie for its visuals and music.
Wish Disney had built this in Paris too as part of the new investment. Marvel in theme parks somewhat bores me as I guess it is far more about characters than just visiting a certain out of this world type of place.

I'm all for more Vekoma bike coasters in general, whether they are heavily themed or not. I think they are pretty sweet based on Booster Bike.

Hopefully will be able to get to Florida for the first time in 2023-ish. Doubt it will be sooner.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
What do we think early 22? Before June at least?

Not that I have a trip planned for then and therefore have a specific motive for being hopeful or anything...
The 50th anniversary runs for 18 months starting October 1st. Hopefully they are aiming to have it running over the majority of that period already.
Maybe early March or early April 2022 is feasible? Would be surprised if it weren't ready for the summer months 2022.

Doubt I can get there before early 2023, hopefully still catching the latter part of the celebrations.