What's new

Watchu get foe x-mas 2013

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
First of all to the mods, I know there are other Christmas topics, but none of them are about what you got, just exchanges and 'Merry Christmases"...so I'm starting one for what you GOT for Christmas. I know Ian made a topic about Christmas but this is just plain presents, instead of well your whole Christmas overall spending time with family, so I feel like it is appropriate to make this thread, as Ian's was more of a "did you have fun spending time with your family/Christmas pics" type topic as at least as I look at it. This topic is pure gifts.

I'm sure I got some LEGO sets, that's all I ask for...so what did you guys get?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Love how you get the first post on christmas day itself (in the UK and the time the forums run on ;) )

Anyway, I'll be sure to let you know once Santa arrives, lots of expectant children to visit before me before the hour's up.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I'm sure I got some LEGO sets, that's all I ask for...

Oh the innocent of childhood...

I got:

A number of geeky t-shirts.
Geeky playing cards.
Geeky riddles.
Lens mug
Solar powered construction kit
Aftershave
Cards Against Humanity

Mike

Giga Poster
With the tradition of Christmas, I've got a bunch of clothes which don't really fit properly.
Also: Some chocolates, a little bit of money (about £100) and a Pointless board game.

My mum was definitely the spilt one this year, getting an iPad mini and a holiday.

Now for the yearly reading of how rich other people are on here. :)

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
A nice fleece jacket, a photography book, a nice tripod to replace my **** old one, a cable shutter release, various and sundry other camera related tidbits, some kitchen things, $40, an itunes gift card and a good dress watch that I can actually wear with things other than a t-shirt.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
I got a lot of Nike running shirts which is great because I am a competitive runner but the only Coaster related thing I got was the ACE calendar.

BBH

Giga Poster
I got a new HP ENVY laptop (for myself only), some Nike T-Shirts, a new drawstring bag for theme-parking, and a copy of Papers, Please, all courtesy of my mother. My father (parents are separated) initially got me an acoustic guitar, about which I was absolutely thrilled, but my mom said she wanted me to focus on viola lessons so he sent it back and gave me the money instead.

For my birthday I shall receive NL2 and Democracy 3, as well.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
I got a Catbug t-shirt, deadmau5 t-shirt, Toms, Vans, Gran Turismo 6, a tripod for the camera, and a defective Galaxy S4 Lifeproof (I read reviews on it not fitting into the phone. They weren't wrong)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
I got mostly household stuff but...

A bed
Couple of hundred quid
John Whaite Bakes <3
Cocktail set
Various glasses
Cutlery
Knives
Kettle
Calendar
Cookery book stand
Ironing board
Zester

It's the first year I've had such sensible presents. It's also all quite camp...

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
My main present was a kindle fire HDX, but I also got wine,socks, coffee beans, nuts and I think I may have ended up with one of Vorhees's presents

and from the TPR secret santa, a 3d jigsaw, fridge magnet scrabble and some aussie m&ms

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Watchu get foe x-mas 2013

I'll do Christmas with the in laws in a few weeks, but we did it with my family today. I got a bunch of new shirts I was desperate for, some gift cards, tickets to Book of Mormon, and a 40 hour World War 2 DVD box set that made me cream.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Whatever Ive bought on the Steam Christmas Sale (gods is that going to end up killing my weekly funds) and clothing for work/bars.

Games Ive recieved are:

Rust (realistic minecraft but more douchebaggery)
Survivor something (Was on the 360 first then ported to Steam)
Papers, Please
Antichamber
Symphony (I enjoy the simple games)
Surgeon Simulator 2013 (I cant wait to botch all the operations)

I think Im forgetting a few games, and I may end up with more (cause its a sale).

God help my wallet

Got such amazing gifts this year!

-$140 cash
-$100 flying certificate
-$150 in petrol certificates
-$50 in various other certificates
- A big London/England themed chest for my room
- Classic Monopoly board game
- A variety hot sauce pack, which for me has been the most useful gift thus far!
- 8gb memory card
- A watch because I needed one for flying
- A TON of pyjamas, including an Oscar the Grouch onesie
- TONS of socks which I desperately needed!
- A Scentsy candle thing
- A bunch of movies
- Chocolates
- Around the World calendar
- Lingerie type PJs
- A textbook from my flight school that I lost

I got too spoiled this year!

GeForce

Roller Poster
I also bought myself a christmas gift from the steam sale which is Trackmania2 with all it´s 3 "Worlds" and some skins for CS.

I also got a new BenQ Monitor+Razer Deathadder,sweets, some books for college and a jacket+t-shirt.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Spoiled.

Efteling 60 years book
Frozen art book
Disneyland Paris 20 years book
Bart Simpson t-shirt
Bart Simpson jumper
2 rings by Betenoir Jewellery
Sugar and Vice earrings
Doc Martens Jadon boots
A **** ton of DVDs
Killer Queen by Katy Perry
Katy Perry tickets
Book of Mormon tickets
A **** ton of underwear
$140 cash
Make-up and a new make-up bag
Batman pyjamas
Alton Towers Monopoly
Zombie origami
Sweets
An electric toothbrush
A disco ball for the bath
A singing Belle doll
A tote bag that says 'Ugh' on it <3
Tales from the Towers book
Evil Queen mug from the Disney Store
Maleficent and Evil Queen pop vinyls

That's all I can remember, there's probably more haha <3

Pierre

Strata Poster
A beard trimmer ;) I also got the tyre that needed replacing on my car paid for.

Some shirts and **** loads of alcohol.

Some other pieces too including a head-torch which was a joke present after we saw someone casually walking around Saltburn pier with one on his head.

A customised mug too which I have absolutely caned.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I got a fab new Xmas jumper, a NYC Tee I spied a month back, Ray Bans, new hair trimmers, chocolate, alcohol, a boot bag, wallet and a fully stocked hamper.
Not much this year but asked the family to spend more on the boy instead of me.