What's new

Warner Bros Movie World | Various New Vekomas & relocated Intamin | 2024

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah, looks decent tbf. Wizard of Oz feels a bit left field but maybe I haven't been following this closely enough. Anything is better than an SLC so I'm happy.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Nothing too fancy really. Just a cloned SFC and a clone of those French dueling boomerangs.

Seems like a missed opportunity to install a new-gen dark ride.

MartyNZ

Roller Poster
As someone with two kids under 10 this is a welcome addition. The park has always lacked family rides as the bigger ones are a bit too extreme for the youngsters. You basically have Road Runner and perhaps Scooby-doo if they're adventurous enough. My youngest one couldn't make it past the scary queue. Can't say I see the requirement for another dark ride, however I realise the Wizard of Oz theme could have made it an interesting one.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I'm a pretty big fan of this addition to be honest. Lots of new creds, it makes the park more family friendly, and it's frankly a pretty neat IP. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

cocoa

Mega Poster
thank god for wizard of oz tbh, it gives aussies something to latch on to when i tell them i'm from kansas. god help me if i'd been from nebraska or something... also i get to follow it up with 'yeah, kansas to oz, haha never heard that one before'

looks nice though. they're really destroying dreamworld now, i'm not sure how that park will cope at all

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So there's been a lot of talk lately that the Surfrider from the adjacent Wet'n'Wild waterpark is now being removed after a few years of closure and relocated to another park. The latest bungus rumor is that it's going to go to Warner Bros Movie World despite them already three coasters slated to open next year, with suggestions that it will be placed within Superman;

No idea how true the relocation rumor is, the ride is definitely leaving the waterpark but take it with a grain of salt. If this is actually the case, the park's coaster count is about to rise dramatically.
325272177_1369698377176015_6944505648068163679_n.jpg

Aussiecoasternerd2302

Roller Poster
So there's been a lot of talk lately that the Surfrider from the adjacent Wet'n'Wild waterpark is now being removed after a few years of closure and relocated to another park. The latest bungus rumor is that it's going to go to Warner Bros Movie World despite them already three coasters slated to open next year, with suggestions that it will be placed within Superman;

No idea how true the relocation rumor is, the ride is definitely leaving the waterpark but take it with a grain of salt. If this is actually the case, the park's coaster count is about to rise dramatically.
View attachment 22646
If this was the case it would be really cool to see the new intamin halfpipe/Surfrider trains with the lap bars added since there has been no train on the track for more than a year now.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

View attachment 22646
I've heard it'll move to Sea World. Also owned by same company and in need of more rides. It certainly is not re-opening at Wet n Wild.

cocoa

Mega Poster
this is very convenient, I wont' have to buy two parks passes to get that credit now lol

Aussiecoasternerd2302

Roller Poster
I just recently went to movieworld on the weekend and rode dc rivals and when I was on the lift hill I looked back towards the old Arkham site and it obviously did not look too different from the view from themepark worldwide apart from a sizeable pile of dirt around the Center of the plot.