What's new

Warner Bros Movie World Removing Arkham Asylum?

Peet

Could it just be a retheme?

But if it was removed; correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t this be the first SLC ever to be removed and not relocated?
Well there's this one which is being turned into an aviary:
So not exactly being removed but it will almost certainly never run again. I can't wait to see how that project turns out - such a weird idea!

Edit: found the topic about the SLC aviary: https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/suzhou-amusement-park-to-close-and-relocate.41072/

If it is any help towards replacements, I did try and merge images together for possibilities in terms of size and also which bandwagon some fans are hopping onto ahaha ?

Warner Bros Movie World 4.jpgWarner Bros Movie World 3.jpgWarner Bros Movie World 2.jpg
So overall, a lot of people are onto the Bolliger and Mabillard Bandwagon cause they would like a B&M. Maybe a Dive Coaster, but not a complete clone of Griffon, could be good. A Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster is an idea maybe being tossed around some fans and also I'd personally wanna see Australia's First Ever Single Rail Coaster as well.

Believe it or not, a B&M would actually be the first B&M in Australia if one were to be built!

I’m not sure if Village Roadshow have ever worked with B&M before, though; maybe a Mack XTREME Spinning Coaster or something, as they seem to like Mack?
That would be good. I worry about an Extreme Spinning Coaster just because I don't think it fits the site of the coaster. It is too long unless they do the compact prototype which I dunno if that's the best investment compared to the custom layout

spicy

This was actually one of the better SLC’s around, I thought the Kumbak trains and restraints were an improvement.

Hope it’s replaced by something major like a B&M or with this and Tower of Terror being removed Australia has lost 2 pretty substantial coasters recently.

Matt N

I know it’s a few weeks since this thread was last posted in, but I have an idea.

Could we possibly be seeing the ride getting a retrack in a similar manner to what Great Nor’Easter did at Morey’s Piers a few years back? They retracked that and smoothed out the transitions, and it apparently did wonders for that ride, so could we see that happen here?