What's new

Walt Disney Studios Park | Avengers Assemble: Flight Force | R'n'RC retheme | 2022

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The topic title, have I missed something about a name change? When I visited in February it was called Walt Disney Studios Park?
No, you didn't miss anything. I'm just being a klutz today. :p

DeathmetalmikeNL

Roller Poster
I forgive you <3

I can't believe how much work they're doing to the RnR building, like it was said before, I thought it would be a budget retheme!

i personally think this is a good thing, change the look, make it more modern.
people will otherwise still think about RnR. im hoping the theming in the showbuilding will be good, hoping for the same immersion like Tron.

Super excited to see what studios will look like in a few months. when you can see the shape of the lake and the mountains and stuff... :D

Jared

Hyper Poster
Do we know if they’re planning new trains on this? Would make sense as they did on Space Mountain.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Do we know if they’re planning new trains on this? Would make sense as they did on Space Mountain.
I'm sure I read somewhere that they're keeping the same trains, but I may be wrong.

I know that for at least the last few months of RnRC's operation, one of the five trains was not on the circuit and - pure speculation on my part here - I would guess they were using that train to experiment and try out ideas for the re-theme.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I mean if they're taking the effort to rebuild half of the building I wouldn't be shocked if we saw new trains too?

Markiewong

Roller Poster
I mean if they're taking the effort to rebuild half of the building I wouldn't be shocked if we saw new trains too?

There is, and we already have a design. It seems that they are going to be the same type as the new Space Mountain ones.

9BEA6AB8-58DA-49E4-BDD2-C2B006D9D4EA-710x399.jpeg

kai phillips

Roller Poster
I'm sure I read somewhere that they're keeping the same trains, but I may be wrong.

I know that for at least the last few months of RnRC's operation, one of the five trains was not on the circuit and - pure speculation on my part here - I would guess they were using that train to experiment and try out ideas for the re-theme.

I'm sure I read that they are replacing the Zero Cars and just repainting the rest of the trains.

Clrun4

Roller Poster
on french forums, the debat about the trains being replaced is very alive.
Some says they have good sources saying the old ones would stay, having just the body remade to fit the new theme.

IMO, I found this affirmation to be odd. Ok, RnRc aged quite well for an 18 years old Vekoma (and running every day by the way !)... Maybe frome the mechanics point of view, the trains are in a rather good shape.
But, I can't help myself thinking it would make sense to have new ones. Of course, comfort is a main point. But comfort will always fit in the theme ! I mean, it's pretty obvious it will be themed after Iron Man, and therefore, Stark Industries. Stark Industries, in the Marvel Lore, is way ahead of its concurrent in technology. Wouldn't make sense to have a vehicule rough as f*** !

Then comes the money point. One one hand, it might be cheapier just to refurbish the olds Soundtrackets ... and god knows DLP loves the cheap solutions. But in the other hand, it would be a saving money thing to have the same spare pieces for both HyperSpace mountain and the Iron Man Coaster, whatever it will be called !

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Aight **** it, it's the New Year, might as well make this thread active again. Paris's Avenger's Campus has been formally locked in for a Summer 2022 debut, as originally intended. Coaster progress has been mostly quiet aside from a couple quiet updates over the last year;

June/July 2021; 3-dimensional modeling of the Iron Man preshow area was leaked online. This will be centered around an Iron Man animatronic as opposed to a digital screen.
E5YNHiiXwAM-L5S.jpeg
E3lZw28XoAUOiYj.jpeg

Last month, they began testing LED backlighting panels on the building's exterior.
FGPOG22XIAU6b4D.jpeg

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
I can't help but feel this was a huge wasted opportunity to upgrade an ageing roller coaster with something new. It's pretty unremarkable as a ride, and they could have pulled something really impressive out the bag, just seems like a bit waste of capital expenditure.

You're basically sticking a Windows 11 sticker on a Windows 98

DeathmetalmikeNL

Roller Poster
I can't help but feel this was a huge wasted opportunity to upgrade an ageing roller coaster with something new. It's pretty unremarkable as a ride, and they could have pulled something really impressive out the bag, just seems like a bit waste of capital expenditure.

You're basically sticking a Windows 11 sticker on a Windows 98
Dont judge just yet I'm sure they have done lots of theming on the inside.

Sure the coaster layout isn't special but with the right theming and effects I'm sure it's gonna be awesome

Peet

Giga Poster
Most Disneyland goers will lap this up - the IPs are more important than the ride hardware here.

As for the theming in the photo - well it's not finished is it, but they're clearly doing a lot more than a new sign and a lick of paint.