What's new

Walt Disney Studios Park | Avengers Assemble: Flight Force | R'n'RC retheme | 2022

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Most of the rides in question already play in two different languages.
I was pointing out a possible way so that if you queued for 90 minutes for a ride you'd get the version that would suit (if it matters to you). That would include seeing a ride in French if you are a frenchman and not suddenly the random English version that seems to get chucked in there from time to time.

But no worries. Didn't really want to drag this out or go into a general language or political debate. Disney Paris don't need to change anything if most people are happy with the current setup. :) ?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
That video was very good! I loved how they used the attraction and the music. Why are they promoting ToT? Isn't it already the flagship attraction at WDS?

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
That video was very good! I loved how they used the attraction and the music. Why are they promoting ToT? Isn't it already the flagship attraction at WDS?
It was in the works since earlier this year according to Loopings. With the extended re-theme of Rock N Roller it was probably a good idea. I was worried the Twilight Zone brand would be dropped but this is not the case. Seems like quite a bit of effort/money was spent on this. ?

Matt N

CF Legend
Interesting... have they removed the Twilight Zone IP from the ride completely? As apart from the brief musical clip at the end of the ride and the old hotel scenery in the scenes, it looks to bear practically no resemblance thematically to the original version at all? Even if it is still Twilight Zone-themed, it certainly seems like a stark change from the original tone of the ride, as Rod Serling does not seem to make any appearance whatsoever and the whispering ghost girl certainly wasn't in the Orlando version when I rode in April.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Interesting... have they removed the Twilight Zone IP from the ride completely? As apart from the brief musical clip at the end of the ride and the old hotel scenery in the scenes, it looks to bear practically no resemblance thematically to the original version at all? Even if it is still Twilight Zone-themed, it certainly seems like a stark change from the original tone of the ride, as Rod Serling does not seem to make any appearance whatsoever and the whispering ghost girl certainly wasn't in the Orlando version when I rode in April.
It's still Twilight Zone themed, the little girl is just the new thing that connects all the new stories.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
It's still Twilight Zone themed, the little girl is just the new thing that connects all the new stories.

Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @TPSou; very interesting! If that is the case, then I do wonder what the ride will be like when they allegedly remove the Twilight Zone theming in the future...

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
I don't think there's any actual info suggesting they will, just that they rethemed the Disneyland one so people thought they might do the others. Would be weird to spend money doing this just to get rid of it.

spicy

Giga Poster
If anything I am just glad these changes secure the ToT for at least a few years longer. I still think Mission Breakout is inevitable at some point for this tower though.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
If anything I am just glad these changes secure the ToT for at least a few years longer. I still think Mission Breakout is inevitable at some point for this tower though.
To add to this, I love the Twilight Zone theme but Mission Breakout is much, much better than I expected. It's nice to now have a completely different experience at all four towers of terror. They're all good in their own ways.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Watching the video, without having been on Paris' TOT, have they changed the drop sequence? It looks a bit wilder than before or maybe I am just imagining it...

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I suppose, but I don’t think it’s really positioned in the right way to be part of that area.. the entrance to TOT is right in front of Studio 1 etc. The tower has its “back” to Marvel land almost. The colours also blend in with the entrance.

I mean I could be wrong, but the colours of GOTG kinda work better in Cali where the rides in the back corner?

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I suppose, but I don’t think it’s really positioned in the right way to be part of that area.. the entrance to TOT is right in front of Studio 1 etc. The tower has its “back” to Marvel land almost. The colours also blend in with the entrance.

I mean I could be wrong, but the colours of GOTG kinda work better in Cali where the rides in the back corner?

How the park originally was conceived seemed quite uniform to me as it was literally just a studios backlot whether that floats one's boat or not. ToT didn't really seem out of place. The Marvel stage area, broken parade route and all the fencing around now do make it a poor theme park experience I think, but hopefully all the investment over the next 4 years or so will rectify all of that. At the moment the best areas I think are still Studio 1 and the excellent Ratatouille square.