What's new

Walt Disney Studios Park | Avengers Assemble: Flight Force | R'n'RC retheme | 2022

Peet

Giga Poster
Disney have announced that the Aerosmith Rock 'n' Rollercoaster at Walt Disney Studios, Disneyland Paris, will be rethemed to Marvel characters.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-japan-rock-n-roller-coaster/

Personally I prefer the Aerosmith theme but I think Iron Man and his friends will be more popular with most visitors so I'm not too surprised. I wonder what they will do with all of the museum piece guitars etc from the queue line!

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Noooooooo.

This is my favourite ride in any Disney park.

I really wish they would build new rides. They seem so insistent on retheming their most iconic attractions that guests actually like.

Boo Disney.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I think this is the better move since (and I'm assuming this) most kids don't really know who Areosmith is.

As long as they don't retheme it to DC characters, I'm down with this.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
This has been rumoured for quite a few years although originally it was meant to be Spiderman. I like it how it is currently (especially compared to Orlando's horrific cardboard cutouts - urgh) but with the Aerosmith license up I look forward to seeing what they do. Hopefully the rides re-theme will also bring change to the rest of the area as its currently one of the weakest part of the Studios.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Seems a good, and long-overdue, move to me. I don't think there's much love for Aerosmith anymore. The thing is, every time they announce a change at this park I just can't believe they're still running the absolutely dreadful Tram Tour. Essential riding for all those Dinotopia fans out there but utterly baffling to the rest of us.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Didn't mind it being Aerosmith but the actual ride themeing was turdio. A couple of disco lights, I mean they weren't even trying. Not a fan of Marvel but, hopefully, this will be a chance to vastly improve the on-ride themeing.

spicy

Giga Poster
Would rather Rock 'n' Rollercoaster stay, however the best thing to come of this is that they appear to have opted for Iron Man, rather than changing ToT into Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. If that's the case, i'm down.
and to echo others, it wasn't the strongest of themes anyway, basically a light show and the music has been very hit and miss on my last 2 visits. They can't seem to get it working right.

Slightly off topic but for anyone interested; ToT is now staying as a haunted hotel just without the Twilight Zone licence. It hasn't yet been given a closing date, if it will have one at all. Scaffolding is going up around the Tower for a year to completely renovate the exterior which has been paid for by an insurance pay out as the original company that constructed ToT was found to use incorrect building materials that weren't specified by WDI and have deteriorated considerably.

Matt N

CF Legend
Slightly off topic but for anyone interested; ToT is now staying as a haunted hotel just without the Twilight Zone licence. It hasn't yet been given a closing date, if it will have one at all. Scaffolding is going up around the Tower for a year to completely renovate the exterior which has been paid for by an insurance pay out as the original company that constructed ToT was found to use incorrect building materials that weren't specified by WDI and have deteriorated considerably.
Will it still be called Tower of Terror and will it revolve around the same basic premise, out of interest? Or are they majorly changing it like they did with California's?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Will it still be called Tower of Terror and will it revolve around the same basic premise, out of interest? Or are they majorly changing it like they did with California's?
It will still be Tower of Terror. Just all references and mentions of the Twilight Zone will be removed at some point in the future.

balrog

Mega Poster
Maybe if they had been able to go with Led Zep, the story would have benn different. But Aerosmith is one of those not so good bands that didn't make it to music history. An Iron Man theme and maybe an ACDC soundtrack like in the movies that will feel a lot less dated might actually make the ride a better rock'n'roller coaster (even if the name is gone).

Last edited:

balrog

Mega Poster
Lol, yeah sure. Because correlation and causality are the same thing. And the Hard Rock IP is as strong and croudpleasing as Disney, so is the financial power of the respective owners. So the choice of band must be the main reason behind the diverging fates of the two parks.

Anyway, this has not much to do with my original point. I don't think Aerosmith left as big a mark as Led Zeppelin did, but maybe I'm wrong.

peep

CF Legend
But Aerosmith is one of those not so good bands that didn't make it to music history

I have to strongly disagree here. I'm fine with anyone not liking them but to say they're not popular or relevant to music history is just plain wrong. They were/are huge, still pull in insane numbers for their tours etc. You could also just check out their wikipedia page...

Aerosmith is the best-selling American hard rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million records in the United States alone.[21][22] With 25 gold albums, 18 platinum albums, and 12 multi-platinum albums, they hold the record for the most total certifications by an American band and are tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American band. The band has scored 21 Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were included among both Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[23] In 2013, the band's principal songwriters, Tyler and Perry, were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Scaffolding is going up around the Tower for a year to completely renovate the exterior which has been paid for by an insurance pay out as the original company that constructed ToT was found to use incorrect building materials that weren't specified by WDI and have deteriorated considerably.

I hadn't heard this but I'm not surprised, it looks awful and has done for years. I knew the way the building was constructed was different to Cali etc due to French laws and thought that was the reason behind it, weird the construction crew used different materials than they were asked to.