What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's killing me that we don't know the layout yet. The nearest RMC to me and I have no idea what it does! :p

Have we got any clues to when they may announce/release it?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
As I recall, while Lost Gravity was being built they never realised any information and people were recreating the ride as it was being completed.

Walibi Holland, along with Phantasialand, are well-known for keeping their new rides secret until the very last moment. Hype-train coming fast, although I have a feeling this RMC won't be as disappointing as Wildfire...

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
My bet is that they'll pull a Steel Vengeance on us and don't announce the full layout until a later date. Granted this is opening next summer, and Steel Vengeance took one and a half years to complete, so maybe in like a couple weeks.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I'm yet to ride Wildfire but the general consensus seems to be that it's fun but a little too drawn out and has pacing issues.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Going for the Cedar Fair orange I see.

I wouldn't mind them not revealing the layout. It's kinda fun not knowing and seeing how it turns out as they build. Steel Vengeance was fun to follow when they constructed the first half of the layout, and everyone was going crazy upon seeing the elements.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Wildfire is amazing and not drawn out at all. The ride is a little sluggish to the end but it's not as bad as videos make it look.

Agreed, disappointing is a weird term to use. It’s really really good, the first few elements are incredible and the rest of the layout is full of airtime. It does lose a little momentum on the last section back to the station but I wouldn’t class the whole ride as a disappointment because of that.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ I'm yet to ride Wildfire but the general consensus seems to be that it's fun but a little too drawn out and has pacing issues.

It's just a victim of RMC having such a fab reputation. Wildfire's pacing is fantastic there's just one hill towards the end that lets it down slightly and it's no different from the stall turn on Nemesis before the final inversion.. I guess when all the other elements around it are so good it makes it stand out abit.

I think you'll find that most new RMCs will be compared to SV which will probably unfairly make people disregard them. I'm hoping Untamed will be in the Storm Chaser/ Twisted Cyclone category. Either way, I'm excited.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
While Wildfire isn't the best RMC, It's certainly not the worst, and it has(in my opinion) one of the best first sequences of a coaster in the world.
Yes the pacing issues in the 2nd half do detract a bit from the ride as a whole, but I still rank it somewhere in my top 20, so definitely not a disappointment.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It's news to me that Wildfire was a disappointment...
Before riding Wildfire I had ridden a couple of American RMCs and I was completely blown away by how insanely well they rode. Wildfire, being much taller, faster and longer than any of the American counterparts at the time, my expectations had sky-rocketed. Of course it was an excellent addition, but sub-par if you compare it to its cousins across the pond; it has pacing issues and it doesn't feel as intense and out-of-control as the pictures may suggest.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
48046784_2389782434396866_7726240076346163200_o.png

Walibi have shared a look at some of the rails ready for installation.