What's new

Walibi Holland | RMC Raptor | 2025

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Looopings (yes, sorry) is reporting an RMC Raptor in development at Walibi Holland, with plans having allegedly reached the advanced stage. Despite past reports that they intended to build something on the Go-Karts site, the site in question is said to be in the old building area between Goliath, Condor, and Xpress. Evidence hasn't surfaced at this time, but I think that its worth keeping a eye on;
Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 2.08.34 PM.jpg

cookie

Giga Poster
If there is truth to this rumor, I hope it thus persuades them to finally create a shortcut to Goliath so that area's no longer a dead end you could only access from the back of the park. Always found it awkward how that was laid out.

Indy

Hyper Poster
If there is truth to this rumor, I hope it thus persuades them to finally create a shortcut to Goliath so that area's no longer a dead end you could only access from the back of the park. Always found it awkward how that was laid out.
Yeah, it’s fairly annoying, though on brand for Six Flags management during that period.

Indy

Hyper Poster
They sold the park 14 years ago. Give it up
That's why I said "during that period." I was literally just pointing out that the park's management at the time that Goliath was built made rash decisions like installing a coaster in a plot of land with no real thought on how to integrate it into the rest of the park. I am well aware that Six Flags is no longer in control of the park.

cookie

Giga Poster
They sold the park 14 years ago. Give it up
I mean, Six Flags is still the culprit as to why it’s built that way. It’s not exactly a secret that several of the parks they sold off were problematic messes stemming from effectively doubling in size overnight during their tenure, just look at Geauga Lake. CdA is just lazy for not bothering to rectify it.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
About a month ago me and Sandman were at WH and as we climbed the lift hill of Goliath I looked over to my left and said "Look Josh - that's a decent sized plot of unused land down there, I reckon that's where they'll build their next coaster."
"Yeah" he said "probably a Raptor or sumat, that'd be cooool".

Prophets, we are. 😉

JoshC.

Strata Poster
About a month ago me and Sandman were at WH and as we climbed the lift hill of Goliath I looked over to my left and said "Look Josh - that's a decent sized plot of unused land down there, I reckon that's where they'll build their next coaster."
"Yeah" he said "probably a Raptor or sumat, that'd be cooool".

Prophets, we are. 😉

Let's just hope they don't lose the key to the ride. 😉

cookie

Giga Poster
Looopings updated their rumor. Apparently an internal staff memo from the park’s director confirmed it’ll be coming in 2024, with a target opening date of March 30th (Easter Saturday). The director had apparently visited both RMC’s plant and Silverwood in Idaho days prior and thus decided to purchase a Raptor. The theme and layout is said to be detailed at a later date.

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Looopings updated their rumor. Apparently an internal staff memo from the park’s director confirmed it’ll be coming in 2024, with a target opening date of March 30th (Easter Saturday). The director had apparently visited both RMC’s plant and Silverwood in Idaho days prior and thus decided to purchase a Raptor. The theme and layout is said to be detailed at a later date.

How Exciting!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Find it interesting that they're saying they're not a fan of prototypes when, you know, Lost Gravity was technically a prototype. Wonder if there were an issues there behind the scenes?

Rush

Giga Poster
with this coaster the park really misses other rides ( no dark rides or other rides arrent in great shape....)
There's really no pleasing some people!

In all seriousness, I think Walibi's brand is high thrills and a Raptor provides that and that unique factor which they'll be able to market perfectly. Dark rides are cool but Efteling is literally down the road. Either way I can't wait to see what the layout is and what they're going to buy from TK Maxx to decorate it with. :D

Knortie307

Roller Poster
There's really no pleasing some people!

In all seriousness, I think Walibi's brand is high thrills and a Raptor provides that and that unique factor which they'll be able to market perfectly. Dark rides are cool but Efteling is literally down the road. Either way I can't wait to see what the layout is and what they're going to buy from TK Maxx to decorate it with. :D

Yeah i get you. But the park made last year a statement that they wanted to do more for the kids and familys. So a lot of dutch people were expecting something else.

I personally look very forward to ride a single rail coaster!