What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

Niles

Giga Poster
Making of part 2

Loopings came out with some pictures of the area.
0506kondathe33.jpg

0506kondathe30.jpg

0506kondathe1.jpg

0506kondathe4.jpg

0506kondathe2.jpg
0506kondathe26.jpg

0506kondathe8.jpg

0506kondathe20.jpg

0506kondathe38.jpg

0506kondathe15.jpg

0506kondathe13.jpg

0506kondathe11.jpg

Source: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/166...nd-mega-coaster-Kondaa-in-Walibi-Belgium.html

Also some pictures of the gift shop:

0506konshop7.jpg

0506konshop2.jpg

0506konshop1.jpg

0506konshop3.jpg

0506konshop4.jpg

0506konshop5.jpg

0506konshop6.jpg

0506konshop8.jpg

0506konshop9.jpg

Source: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/166...ieuwe-Kondaa-souvenirs-in-Walibi-Belgium.html

I love this whole area, I have to get out here as soon as possible 😁

Last edited:

RcTmix

Mega Poster
For the most part I think the POV looks great! I do wonder about the non-inverting cobra roll, though. I know there's already been a fair amount of discussion about it, but it seems to really disrupt the pacing. If you went over the first half, then returned almost to ground level so you could pick up more speed again before going up the other side it might have a better flow. It already looks wonky and out of proportion, so why not just stretch it all the way to ground level? Heck, even let the middle dive below ground level and call it a non inverting cobra hole...

Maybe that element will ride better than it looks, but I think I'd prefer the ride maintained its speed more consistently rather than slowing so soon after the first drop.

Either way, it looks like a terrific ride overall. I look forward to hearing reviews once it opens, as I certainly won't be in Belgium any time in the foreseeable future.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Is it a good coaster: Yes
Is it the best: Probably not.
I had 2 rides (before queue times became insane). One front row, which was génial, and one middle row which really disappointed me.
Keep in mind, it was raining, which did not help the overall experience of the ride.
The thing which annoyed me the most was that the seats weren't elevated like on Taron, making it so that I had to put my legs awkwardly.

nson

Roller Poster
Is it a good coaster: Yes
Is it the best: Probably not.
I had 2 rides (before queue times became insane). One front row, which was génial, and one middle row which really disappointed me.
Keep in mind, it was raining, which did not help the overall experience of the ride.
The thing which annoyed me the most was that the seats weren't elevated like on Taron, making it so that I had to put my legs awkwardly.
Oh very surprised from this review. I had 7rides (thanks to the pass ;) ) and to me this is wisely designed. It's not brutal, don't expect a wild and savage ride like a rmc ,idd but to me this is a smart layout very well executed and very comfortable (rmc do you hear me ? Mmhhh) . I was first scared about that loss of speed, but actually the NICR is superb, a better version of the giant turnover from Hyperion.

Anyway don't believe the hype, don't expect something mystical lr divine and take the ride as it is otherwise you might be disappointed guys !

Enil

Roller Poster
I had 2 rides, both in the middle of the train and both in the afternoon. I have to say that it’s crazy how much difference there was between the two rides due to the ride warming up, as they were only about 2 hours apart. Do not judge this coaster by your first ride, after my first ride I thought it was amazing but not my new number one, but the second ride was a lot more satisfying. You really get pushed into your seat by the positives and the transitions were a lot better, although not Taron level. The airtime is definitely the best of all coasters I’ve ridden, powerful and sustained, and the trains are of course super comfy. I can’t wait to ride it back row to feel the full potential of the ride and especially the first drop. After a back row ride I could see this becoming my new number one.

nson

Roller Poster
Something i would like to say, today i saw many people being refused to ride because they were too "belly". Operatirs are forcing to get the greenlight but most of the time they had to let someone out...
Trains aren't the same as taron also so your legs are stuck.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I have two questions for those who have ridden it (and the coasters mentioned):

How does the drop compare to EGF (with that same right turn) and how does the layout compare to Hyperion?

I agree that the non-inverting cobra roll looks like it kills the speed quite a lot but am hoping that it's not so bad in person.

nson

Roller Poster
I have two questions:

How does the drop compare to EGF (with that same right turn) and how does the layout compare to Hyperion?

I agree that the non-inverting cobra roll looks like it kills the speed quite a lot but am hoping that it's not so bad in person.
The drop is kinda egf, but def not as good tbh but still a very whippy one.
In my opinion it's like EGF, Hyperion and Untamed had a child together, it would be Kondaa for sure. Aerial, forceful, and very fun orientated. Hyperion is megalomaniac and has this wow effect, but something is lacking, Kondaa isnt as impressive and it's designed for another kind of experience imo. (And it's not the same designer behind it also)

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
The drop is kinda egf, but def not as good tbh but still a very whippy one.
In my opinion it's like EGF, Hyperion and Untamed had a child together, it would be Kondaa for sure. Aerial, forceful, and very fun orientated. Hyperion is megalomaniac and has this wow effect, but something is lacking, Kondaa isnt as impressive and it's design for another kind of experience imo. (And it's not the same designer behind it also)
Interesting, thanks for the insight!

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Tbh from the videos the last few airtime hills look a bit weak. The stats suggest otherwise so hopefully I'm wrong?

Those final bunny hops on Steel Vengeance literally undressed me a couple of times. Would like to think this is similar.

Enil

Roller Poster
I had 2 rides, both in the middle of the train and both in the afternoon. I have to say that it’s crazy how much difference there was between the two rides due to the ride warming up, as they were only about 2 hours apart. Do not judge this coaster by your first ride, after my first ride I thought it was amazing but not my new number one, but the second ride was a lot more satisfying. You really get pushed into your seat by the positives and the transitions were a lot better, although not Taron level. The airtime is definitely the best of all coasters I’ve ridden, powerful and sustained, and the trains are of course super comfy. I can’t wait to ride it back row to feel the full potential of the ride and especially the first drop. After a back row ride I could see this becoming my new number one.