What's new

Vortex is leaving Kings Island

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
When King's Island first looked at building what would become the Beast the park originally planned to build a clone of concinatti Coney Islands famous Shooting Star.

While clearly this changed (the shooting star was eventually bought back at Canada's Wonderland as Mine buster) Kings Island could have been a very different park with a different out and back woodie and a Togo racing coaster.

Although I assume the same is true of any park. There must be tons of plans for unbuilt rides out there that we will never get to see.
Shooting Star also inspired The Beast's now-iconic helix finale!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
When King's Island first looked at building what would become the Beast the park originally planned to build a clone of concinatti Coney Islands famous Shooting Star.

While clearly this changed (the shooting star was eventually bought back at Canada's Wonderland as Mine buster) Kings Island could have been a very different park with a different out and back woodie and a Togo racing coaster.

Although I assume the same is true of any park. There must be tons of plans for unbuilt rides out there that we will never get to see.
In the same vein as this, Togo also submitted a bid for what eventually turned into Krypton Coaster at Fiesta Texas. What a significant difference:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/7o53fk