What's new

VinWonders | Phú Quốc, Vietnam | Theme Park

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think you'd die if the trim wasn't there and anyway its supposed to be a stall trim
Well quite obviously a trim is needed on the tophat, but it doesn't need to hit as hard as it does, and the trim half way round the ride I also believe doesn't need to be there. Lech has a bracket in place for a trim to be installed on it's airtime hill before the station roll, but there aren't any magnets attached to it so it doesn't kill the speed for the second half.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Can you tell us a bit more about your design decisions and what lead to you getting overruled in favour of having the trim bite that hard? Or do you not work for Vekoma and have no idea what you're talking about?

It's like the last trim on taron, it seems harsh and like it kills the ride, but by the time you hit the last corner you realise that it's very necessary.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Can you tell us a bit more about your design decisions and what lead to you getting overruled in favour of having the trim bite that hard? Or do you not work for Vekoma and have no idea what you're talking about?

It's like the last trim on taron, it seems harsh and like it kills the ride, but by the time you hit the last corner you realise that it's very necessary.
Lol what does me working for Vekoma have anything to do with this? I have a pair of eyeballs in my head and I can roughly judge the forces, of which I can tell the second half of the ride doesn't run as fast and intense as it possibly, or safely could, since I've seen many rides of a similar scale running faster.

Matt N

CF Legend
@CrashCoaster is entitled to his opinion as to whether he thinks it could be faster or not, but it’s worth noting that engineers will have run various simulations and calculated all the necessary forces. As some have already said, the layout may well have been too forceful without the trim, or it could well have been a park decision; they might have wanted a slightly slower ride. No one other than Vekoma and Vinpearl really knows why the trim was added, but I’m sure they have their reasons.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yeah, I wonder why I bothered with that Masters in Mechanical Engineering. Should've just used my eyeballs...
Same, tbh.

Also, any discussions about negative G's are rendered false due to Skyrush. If Skyrush hasn't ripped anybody in half yet, other rides will be fine without a trim.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
You're going to be really disappointed by the Shockwave like Abyssus and the other Firestorm. They all have the same trim brake installed and they'll all be the same.

Niles

Giga Poster
A nice fly over of the park:
IUJ71x.png

1619175129013.png

And some more pics of the suspended Vekoma 😍

1619172159208.png
1619172292384.jpeg
Source:https://www.themeparx.com/vinwonders-phu-quoc-vinpearl-theme-parks/

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sorry to bump the thread but the turtle aquarium will open tomorrow but seems to have been soft opened for a while now, it looks really quite impressive:
View attachment 17439
View attachment 17440
View attachment 17443
View attachment 17441
View attachment 17442
View attachment 17444
View attachment 17445
View attachment 17446

Here is a video of the aquarium:

Source
TIL the firm I work for did the engineering for this:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Should we change the title of this topic, considering the park in Ho Chi Minh City never got built and most of the discussion in here is about the Phu Quoc's expansion?