What's new

Vidanta World | Mexico | Theme Park

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
From the Goddard Group's Facebook page:

10469087_10152761360794333_5257936513429395841_n.jpg

Today is a milestone day in the history of theme parks, as at this very moment our Founder & Chairman, Gary Goddard, is in Riviera Maya, Mexico announcing our most incredible project to date- the world's first CIRQUE DU SOLEIL THEME PARK RESORT.

This unprecedented collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, the Goddard Group, and Grupo Vidanta will be unlike anything else the world has seen before.

Stay tuned for more details in the coming hours and days!
1743463_10152762863444333_7517590365205125377_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/goddardgroup

It could, if it goes ahead, be stunning. Obviously there are no other details yet with regard to ride line up, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm sure it would look great but I really can't see hoards of people travelling to Mexico for it tbh!

peep

CF Legend
Definitely a surprise announcement. I think their shows are quite dull but some of their sets are really incredible so a park designed by them could be really interesting.

As Ethan has pointed out though, is Mexico really the best location for this type of park? Surely somewhere like Vegas or Europe would have been a better choice?

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Depends on what part of Mexico its built in (I didn't read the article so I don't know if a city is announced).

If it is in the Rio Grande/Drug Smuggling/Immigration Run area, year probably not going to be a hit. If it is on one of the Pacific Coast (or even Gulf of Mexico) cities, that are frequent tourist destinations for both resort and cruise vacationers, I could see it being a good draw.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
I wonder how this will turn out. I enjoy their shows when it involves more acrobatics than dance and music. Really hoping for random street performers in the park!

therick311

Mega Poster
I have never been to a Cirque show that didn't involve some form of audience interaction/participation. It just wouldn't be Cirque without, at the very least, wandering clowns. But, I would expect street performances as well.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Surely somewhere like Vegas or Europe would have been a better choice?

Remember that the US and Europe already is full of other big parks they would need to compete with.

Lofty

CF Legend
It is going to be built in the Riviera Maya, near Xcaret which has staggering attendance each year. It will gain a hell of a lot of people visiting if it opens. I have total faith that this will happen based off of all the companies involved. Cirque Du Soleil and Grupo Vidanta have just opened an absolutely huge premises at the location where the park is meant to be built and the new show is called Joya...

1546426_813739718665290_6457712215568033772_n.png

10661703_807229322649663_8100658512090591568_o.jpg

That shows the scale of the place.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Nothing like Necro Posting to a long dead thread but cant believe this hasnt been covered more here.

This park isn't dead but does have a new name. Its now under the name Vidanta World although i think Cirque Du Soleil are still involved.

Construction is well underway and several rides are already installed including a Ferris wheel and a parachute drop ride. Coasters of which there will be at least 3 are due to arrive within the next few months i believe.

Concept art still looks stunning

Heres an old drone video of the park from March with some of the rides installed and it seems the hotels almost complete.

Overview of the site.
Vidanta Construction.png

I think they are pushing for a 2023 opening still which means they need to get a move on but yeah the parks not as dead as this thread would have you believe :)

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Looks like they’ve finished the coaster and are working on the foundations for what could possibly be another;
D42B4BAA-B384-4EF6-AD4F-FDC2EAE83F95.jpeg
9E17758F-8096-40C7-A214-27E9E3C823E8.jpeg
63440904-CF9B-4109-BDCF-CDFD91DF5319.jpeg
Source

Looking closely at the support sequence on the station turnaround, I’m about 90% sure that this is Vekoma’s new 350m Horus junior coaster layout, since this doesn’t look like anything we’ve seen yet. There’s been a recent trend however of mysterious Vekoma concepts lining up with vaguely defined projects, so I’m willing to bet this is it.
3093CA64-A22D-4503-8DC7-BA22B6F39631.jpeg

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Diving back into the fascinating world of shipping permits, Vekoma has now delivered an "S. T. C. COASTER HANDLING SYSTEM" to Vidanta World - not a small package either, this thing is 11,620 KG. At first glance the prospect of an STC invert coming to Mexico is exciting enough, but we may have a curveball here; an "S. T. C. COASTER HANDLING SYSTEM" was also one of the first components shipped for Big Bear Mountain. Since the SFC and junior coaster are already on site and under various stages of construction, its a strong possibility that this represents a third coaster. I have no trouble seeing another one of those Vekoma family LIM coasters go up at this park. Or another more thrilling inverted coaster is welcome, time will tell;
Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 4.15.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 4.16.02 PM.png
Source

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Isn't STC the label Vekoma use for their suspended thrill coasters these days. Like the ones they sell in convo with the junior boomerangs.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Isn't STC the label Vekoma use for their suspended thrill coasters these days. Like the ones they sell in convo with the junior boomerangs.
See now that's what you'd think but I am also fairly certain that Six Flags St Louis isn't getting an STC, so really for Vidanta World this could be anything;
Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 1.33.56 PM.png