What's new

Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach to be refurbished for 2023

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Pleasure Beach have released a short promo video;

I wonder if the audio is a preview of the new soundtrack?

I tell you wot - I just played that promo clip through headphones, and the sound design is epic. I urge y'all to do the same, or a decent soundbar or sumat. Mobile phone or laptop speakers will not do it justice.
If it is a teaser of the new Valhalla soundtrack, then it can get in my face! I just hope that when the time comes it's played at full volume through quality gear.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I tell you wot - I just played that promo clip through headphones, and the sound design is epic. I urge y'all to do the same, or a decent soundbar or sumat. Mobile phone or laptop speakers will not do it justice.
If it is a teaser of the new Valhalla soundtrack, then it can get in my face! I just hope that when the time comes it's played at full volume through quality gear.

Got the tin cans on ;)

To be fair I'm not that big a fan of The Notable Stranger, but the teaser track is very distinctive and ambient. Good bassy tones, nice binaural effects. And that sort of Terminator-esque steel pang when the 'Valhalla' title comes up. It all works well, which gives me hope for the auditory experience at the very least!

Will

Strata Poster
Didn't exactly give anything away... but that was cool.

Tells me they (presumably) haven't messed up the theming too much anyway :)

Coaster

Mega Poster
New theming and plans for Valhalla from https://www.facebook.com/blackpoolpleasurebeach

274094175_10159807143997365_8138510099242929000_n.jpg

274034460_10159807144007365_341806124730872839_n.jpg

274044467_10159807144012365_4730290928207712630_n.jpg

273964689_10159807144002365_3024062763266347430_n.jpg

I'm intrigued as to what the plan in that last picture is for!

Peet

Giga Poster
Ha I forgot it was still closed- imagine being at PB on a day like *this* and not being able to ride it 😖. I suppose the only water rides are the 2 in Nickelodeon Land.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Feel like BPB are all over the place at the min.

They'd be wise to push this back now until 2023. It's clearly not going to be ready for next month either, and people may be holding off on a visit now until it opens.

Need to give people something to work with.

Mandy seems a bit clueless as well; it seems like she often learns details of things from the goons on Twitter and not from personal involvement.

Trax

Hyper Poster
When I visited earlier this year, I had the chance to talk to a couple of the people involved. I got told that they were hoping for a (late) summer opening, so August/September, and also blamed Brexit and Covid.
It's a shame that they are still unable to get around those issues, but it's hard to blame them. The project is (obviously) more ambitious than everyone thought it would be. And with the amount of money sunk into it, they have every interest to open it as soon as they can, to start to recoup the investment.
A good news at the end:
From what I was told, not only every single effect will be updated/renewed, but they would also add additional effects as well.

Thanks to the Liseberg and Europa-Park annual pass, I have 2 free visits to BPB 2022, and I would like to use at least one of them to get back onto Valhalla. And as many flights go from Manchester to Katowice, you can bet that I'll find a reason to make the departure to England again.

Coasterotter

Roller Poster
When I went last weekend, they have done some work on Valhalla's station and added some dragon heads on the roof. They also put in some metal mesh in the gaps between the wooden pillars, and they have patterns on them as you might be able to see from the picture below.

1668798172827.png
And for some reason, they had boarded up the façade that opens up where the turntable is.
1668797886405.png

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster

Sandman

Giga Poster
I know some people love Mandy, and it's not that I have anything personal against her, but I really don't think she's the best figurehead for BPB.

Orchestrating her business from a chaise longue atop the White Tower building and airing the dirty laundry across Twitter is very Trumpian.

It's not a very great look for BPB.

What seemed so great about Geoff is that he was down in the trenches, very involved in many areas and at all levels.

I could probably convince Mandy that Oblivion is a ride at BPB given a few weeks and a Twitter account. She seems woefully distant from it all; a bit autopilot if you ask me.

Last edited: