What's new

US Live June 13-15 KK, HW, DW, and Carowinds!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
US Live- Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Dollywood, and Carowinds- June 13-15, 2016

A US Live is happening on a grand scale for the first time since 2012! A total of 31 creds will be available including two brand new RMC's, Storm Chaser and Lightning Rod, a B&M Giga in Fury 325, and the epicness that is Voyage will highlight the trip. Plus Waffle House. Can you handle the epicness that will surely be Lightning Rod at night?

US%20Live%203_zps6f52h3bf.jpg

General Info

June 13 - Kentucky Kingdom (with bonus Holiday World looking likely)
June 14 - Dollywood
June 15 - Carowinds

Travel from Kentucky Kingdom to Carowinds will be included. Louisville and Charlotte airports are where you will want to book travel to and from respectively. Hotel for the three nights (nights of the 13th, 14th and 15th) will be included. Watch this space for a more detailed itinerary and costs. Should all be ready by the end of March.

Ticket prices and Hours
Kentucky Kingdom: $50 (based on last year, possible BOGO's available), 11am to 7pm EST
Holiday World: TBD, 10am to 8pm CT
Dollywood: $65, 10am to 10pm
Carowinds: $39.99 (online), 10am to 10pm

Car, Hotel, Misc
Full size car about $30 a day per car
Hotel will be around $100/night per room
Fuel: Total will be about 700 miles, vehicle info and price TBD based on number of individuals in the cars

If interested, let us know below! Planning is on going and as we get a better idea of numbers, price will be reflective. You will be responsible for purchasing food, tat, and tickets on your own, while hotel and car will be paid before the trip. Based on my math, the total for everything on those 3 days will be around $300, excluding travel to and from meeting location.

Confirmed
Tom
Hixee
Snoo
Youngster Joey

Possible
Antinossi
GWAS

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm very keen on this, although I will be adding a couple of other parks at the end to make the most of coming stateside!

I'm hoping to book flights in the next week or so, so once I've done that I'll post up my itinerary and start helping Tom flesh out the details of this. :D

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Hixee, out of interest what are your plans roughly for after the live? And have you got any estimated costs for flights and the other parks ect? Hope you don't mind me asking,

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My rough thinking is this (at the moment):

Fly into Louisville before the start of the Live (I've been looking ~£600 for return flights to Washington DC - although I'm still working that bit out - and then ~£100 for a flight from DC to Louisville)
Then hook up with the Live all the way down to Charlotte
From Charlotte get a bus up to Richmond
Pick up a hire car in Richmond and do Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion (then back to Richmond)
Then another bus up to DC and fly home

That's my plan at the moment, with a few days added in here and there so it's not JUST a solid cred trip.

Just going to throw this out there - add Holiday World the day before KK and do Splashin' Safari too? :lol:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I won't be able to do HW the Sunday, but I am fully expecting KK to be a two hour cred run, which will probably include rerides on Storm Chaser and Lightning Run. Should have plenty of time for HW and Splashy Splashdown for those water park enticed individuals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah gotcha! Sounds like a good idea - there doesn't seem to be much else at KK!

Need me some swimsuit babe [strike]Snoo[/strike] Youngster Joey... :D

Ben

CF Legend
Just a heads up if KK is anything like it was that same sort of day this year they'll be running one train on stuff and that'll cause some queues.

Can't say what SC will be like but we were waiting 30 minutes for LR - so I wouldn't be overly confident of walk-ons.

I would say with KK opening at 11 you're unlikely to get to HW much before 3. I'm not coming but just something to keep in mind if you want to do SS.

Snoo

The Legend
^Thanks Ben. I hadn't been since 2008? and was curious from anyone who had been recently.

Hixee said:

What happened to our Texas love affair? We ALL remember Galveston. <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, Ben's comment is valuable.

If Holiday World is likely to be less busy, should we maybe start with that and then swing past KK on the way down to Dollywood?

Snoo said:
Hixee said:

What happened to our Texas love affair? We ALL remember Galveston. <3
If I make this trip, we need another night like that in Charlotte... :D

Snoo

The Legend
That isn't even a QUESTION. You KNOW it's happening.. especially now that more folks are over 21. <3

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I have absolutely no issue starting at HW, actually I think it would be better. Only reason I had KK listed first was it provides a more central meeting location in Louisville, but if people are fine meeting someplace in that city, then driving to HW and back to KK (wed be going back through anyways as it's the only way to get to DW) let's do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Saw a great deal on flights this morning, which I couldn't resist... so I'm 100% confirmed!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I MIGHT be able to join for a day or two at the beginning. I'll have to see how work is going a little bit closer to the trip and if I have any personal days available (I'll be using all of my vacation time on other things this year).