What's new

Unsure creds

Sandman

Giga Poster
Anyone else have that problem where you aren't quite sure if you've been on a particular coaster or not?

I've got a couple of examples of my own, but the one that bugs me most of all is The Gauntlet at Camelot. I used to visit Camelot fairly often as a kid, and I have lots of vivid memories of riding most of the rides there, but Gauntlet is one that escapes me. I will always wonder whether or not I actually did it.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Autosled at Galaxyland. Might've rode it as a kid, or I might have not. Regardless, I got the credit when I returned to Edmonton in summer 2017.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I can't remember if I did both sides of Dragon Challenge. I definitely did one of them, but I can't remember which side, and I can't remember if I've ridden both.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
When I first started riding coasters a lot and making my coaster count I totally didn't remember riding Barnstormer at Disney when I went. For years I was just like I only road Big Thunder Mountain and the more and more I looked at it it started to come back to me. Same with Dragon Challenge because I only did one of them but my friend cleared that up for me and said "I was going to go ride the blue one alone because you had a headache and it was closed". So Chinese Fireball was what we rode. That was before I was hardcore about creds no headache would stop me nowadays.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Pterodactyl Flyers at IoA. I have some vague recollection of being in the station but not of riding, and something tells me we didn’t get on it in the end for some reason. Idk, so long ago now, I was only 5, and certainly don’t have enough to go on that I could count the cred today. Have tried to get it since but alas, height maximums </3

Pear

Strata Poster
Pterodactyl Flyers at IoA. I have some vague recollection of being in the station but not of riding, and something tells me we didn’t get on it in the end for some reason. Idk, so long ago now, I was only 5, and certainly don’t have enough to go on that I could count the cred today. Have tried to get it since but alas, height maximums </3
That's one I don't remember very well but I do remember making sure to ride it with my little brother so I wouldn't get turned away when I eventually revisited.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Another one just popped into my mind - Shamu Express (now known as Super Grover's Box Car Derby) at SeaWorld Orlando. My parents tell me that I did everything that I could there, when I was just a kid. I'll settle the debate and snatch the cred when I go back to SeaWorld Orlando in around 20 days.

jay37415

Mega Poster
Back in the 80's my family took a side trip from Disney to Circus World. I cant remember if I rode anything there or not. I'll never have the chance to go back either.

TilenB

Strata Poster
X-Speed that used to operate in Movieland Park. We visited the park with my family in 2004 and 2006, when the coaster was operational. I remember riding some of the other rides in that part of the park (like the log flume), but I'm not sure whether I ever rode the coaster or not. A bit annoying, since after a brief run in Europark Milano Idroscalo, it seems to have disappeared completely...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've got no idea which side of Space Mountain I did in Florida as a kid. It doesn't matter now since I did both on a more recent visit.

I think that's it really.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I vividly remember a summer holiday with my family many years ago, visiting a park in either Denmark or southern Sweden that had a chairlift over a lake, going from one side of the park to another. I suspect it could have been Sommerland Syd, which closed a few years ago. Not sure if I rode any coasters there, though. I wasn't the bravest kid around, so I might have wimped out on all of them, but there could have been a kiddie or two I took a spin on.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I can't recall any that I'm unsure of but I do remember a time where I was surprised to find out I had a +1 that I didn't remember. My father was going through the old homemade VHS tapes from one of our trips out to visit my uncle in California. In one particular video, we were at Disneyland, and I apparently rode Gadget's Go Coaster with my mom back in '95 or'96.

Edward M

Strata Poster
One in particular comes to mind. I know I went to Seaworld San Antonio and Orlando as a kid and rode Shamu Express. But I'm not sure if it was the one in San Antonio, Orlando, or both. I believe it was both, but I'm not entirely sure.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'm not completely sure if I've done both sides of Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom or not. I've ridden the thing twice, once in like 2004 and once in 2010. For both rides, part of me thinks that we ended up in the same station, so because of that and the lack of surety I've only counted it once.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Seems like quite a common problem is remembering which side of a racing/dueling coaster you rode. I did one side of Gwazi back in 2005 but I can't remember which side it was. I'm still not entirely convinced I have done both sides of Primeval Whirl either. I rode it once in 2005 and once in 2017 and I *think* I did a different side each time, but given that my last visit to Animal Kingdom was quite a busy day, I really didn't want to waste my time riding it twice to be sure.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Same here with Gwazi, I can't remember which side I've been on either.
Also the Mini Apple at Alton Towers. Apparently this lived up by the Corkscrew somewhere, but I don't recall ever seeing it there, let alone riding it. And yet I had it down on coaster-count as ridden, cos I was convinced I'd been on every Towers coaster since the 80's.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Matterhorn Bobsleds for me - I'm pretty sure I've ridden both sides.

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
The only one I really am not sure about is Barnstormer at Magic Kingdom. I think I remember riding it, but I don't even remember. There's not even photo evidence of me on it, same with Shamu Express and Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld Orlando, but I remember writing a diary thing on my trip back in like 2008, but that document is long gone at this point.