What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

opivy028

Mega Poster
all I can say is

Hell yeah

That looks incredible
Do we know the stats yet?

Also, this is a little bit off topic, but why is that one track such an ugly shade of green?! It looks like vomit.
Also yeah I think the green is ugly.

This feels like a ride where the track should have some sort of lighting package, it just feels right for something called Starfall Racer. Imagine the trains and track lighting up as it duels at night

Trax

Hyper Poster
I did not see any Trimm mounts on the ride, so the amount of speed reduction is limited. Keep also in mind that the ride will speed up within the first year of operation.

It doesn’t look to extreme for me, and slightly to slow towards the end of the sections, but the latter one is to be expected during one of the first test runs.
I enjoy that the ride is less about crazy shaped elements but a more modern take on a classic coaster layout. Many straight airtime hills, normal banked turns, straight launches, some classic twisted airtime hills. I really like seeing a new ride going more oldschool. It actually gives it something to stand out compared to most other new coasters.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I did not see any Trimm mounts on the ride, so the amount of speed reduction is limited. Keep also in mind that the ride will speed up within the first year of operation.

It doesn’t look to extreme for me, and slightly to slow towards the end of the sections, but the latter one is to be expected during one of the first test runs.
I enjoy that the ride is less about crazy shaped elements but a more modern take on a classic coaster layout. Many straight airtime hills, normal banked turns, straight launches, some classic twisted airtime hills. I really like seeing a new ride going more oldschool. It actually gives it something to stand out compared to most other new coasters.
Wouldn’t they just slow the launch a touch? With it being a launch coaster, there’s more ways to trim the speed than just traditional trim brakes.

It’s always hard to really gauge the speed off ride and from a distance. Usually though, this makes coasters look slow!!! I hope they don’t trim it… It will be a great ride if it runs like that.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Slowing down the launch is (nearly) always an option. But with the highest element directly after it, your options are limited. Keep also in mind that the energy of a train is related in a quadratic function to the speed. Meaning: if the train goes 10mph at the slowest point, mph at the launch might already be enough so the train doesn’t make it over the crest. Speed is really weird if you think about it.
But both elements look like they are pretty much designed for the speed they are running at right now. Additionally, you usually don’t do test runs faster than intended in the end.

Trax

Hyper Poster
But also, we do see rides, with launches, running over-speed in testing, to see what they can really do.
Like this video of Xcelerator doing +100mph (Said to be closer to 117, in preparations of Dragster)
They where testing the capability of the launch system to see if TTD was viable. As far as I know, Xcelerator had already opened prior to this test runs taking place.