What's new

Universal Studios Beijing | 2021

Ethan

Strata Poster
Is it me or is the zero-g roll more drawn out and less snappy compared to Hulk's? From that image it appears to be more gradual like B&Ms recent versions of the element.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Your eyes aren't deceiving you, @Ethan. This version looks like it was almost completely reprofiled. In addition to the 0-g roll, the cobra roll looks like it has minor tweaks and the first corkscrew appears to fluidly dive into the second loop instead of just running down a straight section of track (or at least I'm guessing based on how steep the exit of the corkscrew is).

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I wonder if the launch system has been done by the same external company that made the one for Incredible Hulk, or if B&M manufactured it themselves like they did for Thunderbird.

Also, I hope B&M have left some snappiness in the layout and not toned it down too much to make it boring.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is it me or is the zero-g roll more drawn out and less snappy compared to Hulk's? From that image it appears to be more gradual like B&Ms recent versions of the element.
I wonder if the launch system has been done by the same external company that made the one for Incredible Hulk, or if B&M manufactured it themselves like they did for Thunderbird.
There's an echo in here.
I wonder if they're keeping the tire launch or if they're switching to LSM like B&M did with Thunderbird.
I’d imagine that since Hulk was in a time before B&M started pioneering their own launches (16 years before!), this Transformers coaster will have LSMs. Then again, I don’t know why they didn’t make the switch from tires to LSMs when Hulk had its track replaced in the 2016 season.
There'a already evidence there that the track shaping has been changed from the original hulk, the most obvious is how the banking change in the zero-g. It has a much more gradual roll and the centre point has been moved away from being the highest point and follows the drop a little more.
:p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Probably being such a geek but I wonder if this will have just friction or magnetic brakes, considering Hulk still has friction brakes after the rebuild.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Given that they've reshaped the track slightly (or not so slightly), I wouldn't be surprised to see this get a few hardware upgrades along the way. Magnetic brakes would be an obvious one.

I actually think it's more odd that they didn't add magnetic brakes to Hulk, rather than that being the norm.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm curious as to whether this ride will receive the old OSTRs or if the trains will come equipped with the vests. B&M seem to be moving towards the vest, but only about half of their product lines that utilized traditional horse collars have been built since they introduced them on the wing coasters.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I think vests are unlikely as they only feature on coasters with long drawn out inline rolls (Valravn, Banshee, Valkyria, etc) or wing coasters which feature long slow inversions or wingover drops.