What's new

UK Park Prices

Martyn B

CF Legend
Here's a list of the majority of the main parks in the UK, and their 2010 prices:

M&D's Scotland £? (£10 online)
Botton's Pleasure Beach £13
Pleasurewood Hills £16.50
Fantasy Island £17
Pleasure Island £17.50
Loudoun Castle £17.95
Gt Yarmoth Pleasure Beach £18
Paultons Park £18.50
Lightwater Valley £19.45
Oakwood £19.95
Adventure Island £22
Flamingoland £25
Drayton Manor £28
Pleasure Beach Blackpool £30
Chessington £34
Thorpe Park £37
Alton Towers £38
Legoland £38

All prices are peak, on the gate prices. Apart from M&D's as I can find their stand prices.

So what parks stick out for you as being good value, and bad value?

The good ones for me are Botton's £13, M&D's £10, and Fantasy Island £17 (with all rides operating).

The over priced parks for me are, Adventure Island £22, Drayton Manor £28 and Gt Yarmouth Pleasure Beach £18. IMO they're all shockingly high for what each park has to offer. Lightwater is also a bit of a rip off at nearly £20, but they do have t'Ultimate...

This may soudn like a plug but if anybody is planning to visit Adventure Island this year, then wait for the CF-Live on Saturday 15th May.

We've had a very kind of offer of just £10 for an unlimted ride wristband! Yes, £10 - less than half price!

IMO, that's better than ERT of any other perk.

The big 3 (Thorpe, Alton, Chessington) are completely outrageous! I didn't even realise the gate price was so high now. Thank god for all the offers they put out, I couldn't imagine paying full price.

Chessie is £34 this year...

Thankgod for AP's basically...

Tbh I don't expect anything more from the business... The prices keep going up year after year and probably will do until people stop going, but if they keep adding new stuff then people won't stop going...

It's a cycle...

:oops:

One of my favourite parks, how could I forget...!

Edit: £19.95

Thats a bit of a climb from when I last went, and I dont think they've added anything since....

They're all a lot of money for what they're worth, but hardly anyone pays full gate price these days. There's always passes, vouchers and BOGOFs etc. that people use to make it more affordable.

Lol, at Legoland, you can save a whole pound if you buy a 2 day ticket...!

And you'll actually pay £5 more for 2 day ticket than 2 single day tickets, online :|

Tomatron said:
They're all a lot of money for what they're worth, but hardly anyone pays full gate price these days. There's always passes, vouchers and BOGOFs etc. that people use to make it more affordable.

Yea but so many of these offers that are all over the place are a real headache to work out.

Take the Alton Towers offer in the Sun. I collected the first half dozen tickets, then yesterday they released the T&C's. You have to give them a date band, and then they'll send you two free tickets for any date within that band. You don't get to choose. So if you have a job you give a toss about, or a family, it's pretty inconvenient at best, and for many people they will be completely useless.

The majority of people who will really benefit from it are students and the unemployed. Even then, you can't use this offer to go as a group of friends or anything, because your tickets will come back with different dates on them! (One pair per household/application form.)

I seem to be the only fanboy who doesn't want to collect fecking crisp packets or cereal boxes, I just want to go out for the day, as and when i feel like it, and it is such a pain in the backside to do that on a budget nowdays.

Flamingoland/Chessie/Drayton are overpriced, but it really depends on how much time you want to spend in the zoos, if they take up a good chuck of your day then it really isn't to bad as zoos are bloody expensive attractions to visit anyway.

Legoland the same price as Alton, now THAT is ridiculous. To be fair I feel £38, although a ridiculous price, is quite fair for a park like Alton. It being a resort park, has so much to offer everyone from every age, I think you get your money's worth.

Legoland however, is in my opinion **** anyway, but also looking at the ride line-up definitely doesn't have enough on offer to constitute £38.

With the seaside resort wristband prices, on first glance I feel they look extortionate but then when you think about it, you do end up saving a ton with those because the individual ticket prices are usually even worse.

The BOGOFs should be more readily available rather than having to faff around with tokens like in The Sun Alton offer as Novas said.

Also, god bless the Merlin Annual Pass even if they are taking the piss with the restrictions a bit this year <3

Legoland utterly takes the piss. Familys must bankrupt themselves going there when you add on the extortionate food and drink prices.

TusenFryd is £40 this year, at peak.

Still, adjusted to wages, these prices are ridiculously much higher. All hail the annual pass!

^ £40?! I guess they must shift a few annual passes, what is there to do in Norway apart from seeing the loveli lakes wik mooses?

The good:
-M&D's Scotland £? (£10 online) - can't argue with that price!
-Botton's Pleasure Beach £13 - even if there isn't much there
-Pleasurewood Hills £16.50 - a unique schwarzkopf, the boomerang is pretty smooth, a nice dark rtide and some decent flats
-Fantasy Island £17 - good combination of flats, jubilee odyssee and dragon mountain - mmmmmmmmmm!
-Loudoun Castle £17.95
-Paultons Park £18.50 - good family place
-Lightwater Valley £19.45 - the ultimate - say no more!
-Oakwood £19.95 - scenery, fobia, speed, the toboggan and that disgusting rabbit ride
- Flamingoland £25 -
-Pleasure Beach Blackpool £30 - still a world class selection of rides, and a lot of uniqueness

The fair:
-Pleasure Island £17.50
-Gt Yarmoth Pleasure Beach £18 - needs another coaster and couple of flats - oh and turn the lights in the fun house back on
-Adventure Island £22
- Drayton Manor £28
-Alton Towers £38 - gigh price, but =good coasters and dark rides make up for it - a few seriously good flat rides would make it good value

The bad:
-Chessington £34 - after vampire, fury and rattlesnake, the only other decent ride is black buccaneer
-Thorpe Park £37 - good set of thrill rides, but nowt for families
-Legoland £38- i've been robbed!

The BOGOFs should be more readily available rather than having to faff around with tokens like in The Sun Alton offer as Novas said.

They're not BOGOF's though, they're actual free tickets. I think you should have to faff around to claim them. I done it last year, cant be arsed with it this year though.

If the Sun, or anywhere else have BOGOF's vouchers available, you just rip them out, no token collecting needed.

^Ah, yes, my bad. But I do remember The Sun doing a promotion where you had to collect tokens so that 'kids go free!'. It was in essence a BOGOF.

There isn't a single price on that list that I think is value for money. Blackpool comes closest.

Any park over £30, I personally think, is colossally taking the piss. Disney included. I payed for a day ticket to Animal Kingdom and Jesus it hurt.

Luckily, since Tesco is amazing, I never have t pay the ridiculous park prices. And we're pretty blessed by BOGOFs in this country.