What's new

Twist Cu Choo Voting and Results Thread

tomahawk

Strata Poster
We have nine fantastic entries this tiMe around, and i Am truly impressed with the quality, and Ceativity of each Koaster. VotINg will run for the nexT 3 days,Aand reMember, If you doN't vote and you entered, you lose a point and you will rank on a 1-5 scale, nothing more than .5 points as split.

Votes are due ASAP, deadline is Saturday at noon PST. Results will follow shortly.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4mbm9 ... G_Comp.zip

In regards to the next competition, we are going under construction for the following twoish weeks while we have some work done to get prepared. Just remember this little fact. This round was to cover the park, what happens when a place outgrows its current footprint?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Heh. ;)

- - - - -
Had a quick ride of all of these this morning and there are some nice tracks in here. Interesting to see how everyone tackled the challenge. I'll try to get votes to you by the end of today.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Results are in, and we have the biggest margin of victory yet! This round was a bit of a letdown in terms of quality from previous rounds. Wooden is much more difficult and that was shown in this round. Another issue was the number of zones needed to be hit, and I realized I should've had only 3 of 4 instead of all four zones, but we learn.

[u]9. The Boss: Colossus 8.7 points[/u]

There were a lot of problems, but the general consensus was the ending half of the layout was great. Banking issues, and some over excessive G's.

8. Patriot: GuyWithAStick 11.5 points

Kind of same issues as above, forced layout with potential.

7. Derpification: Anon 12.6 points

This is one I really liked, however I hated the ending how it just...stopped. Creative layout, just some serious force issues.

6. Tomahawk: TPV 13.2 points

A bit dull really, didn't do much, but it was overall just below the upper tier.

5. Cyborg: Tomahawk 13.8 points

Being my own, I knew the problems as I built, too much speed for such tight transitions.

4. Atlas: Antinossi 14.9 points

Losing points in realism, I loved the diving drop, others disagreed.

3. Assegai: Jer 16 points

This was the competitors favorite, but suffered from the judges. Pacing and a bit snappy.

[u]2. Air Gear: Intricks 16.1[/u]

Liked generally by all, very good in general, just dull in parts.

1. Shifter: Hixee 18.1 points.

Hixee wins again! The best coaster this round...again. Funny enough, there was some disagreement among the judges on this one, but what did it for me was the realism of the bridges.

That's it everyone! The next competition will begin in a little over a week! Stay tuned!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Congrats Hixee!

I understand how the layout was a bit forced, but I tried to go for that 'tight GG woodie' feel, like Twister at Grona Lund.

Jer

Strata Poster
I think next time we all need to be a little more original guys. I think everyone had the exact same pre-lift, now I know that its a good solution and all, but someone could have been a little more creative.

Jokes aside, good job everyone.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wasn't expecting to win this round, so thanks! :)

Colossus

Giga Poster
God damn it last again! What is it going to take :p No seriously though, good win Hixee, that is some fine support work there mate.

I now look forward to the next phase......