What's new

Turkey PTR - Days 8+9: Antalya (Land of Legends)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I’ve been putting off reporting on my summer trip since there’s just so f**king much to get through, but here goes. This year, I went to Turkey, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia. I think I’ll write a separate report for each country just to keep track of it all, so here’s Turkey. This was the biggest section of the trip, taking in 3 cities (chosen because of proximity to creds)

Part 1 – Istanbul and some +1s

I don’t know why, but I’d bene putting off Istanbul for ages, not because I didn’t want to go, but more because it was “just there” and could be done at any time really. I got to the hotel in the evening and didn’t do anything, then had the next day as a tourist day.

I was staying in the Karakoy area, which was just across a bridge to most of the main tourist sites, without being stuck in tourist trap Hell. Decent view from the hotel:

XJv8wUe.jpg

LE1Un8T.jpg

And then across the river and from the bridge:

RD5byUo.jpg

h00T6ko.jpg

Ll02PgM.jpg

cj8oBiJ.jpg

Looking back over to the other side:

0ZvsEoa.jpg

bWTU0XI.jpg

I didn’t have much of a plan of action for the day, but the top sites are all pretty much clustered together. I ended up starting with the Topkapi Palace. I’m just going to do a picture dump, but it was all pretty impressive. I think I timed it well since I got a ticket and went straight in, but by the time I left there was a good 30-minute+ queue for tickets. It’s split into different areas and has a decent terrace for views back across the river.

1EpWEuO.jpg

xIMDIO1.jpg

6YGela8.jpg

Znl3ooD.jpg

ry4qt4X.jpg

bXKaTw8.jpg

KyLCNEI.jpg

REFPtKR.jpg

r80Wz0r.jpg

3UOT6ik.jpg

PPJXqLa.jpg

K6FG86v.jpg

5kJEl6r.jpg

4XA9phX.jpg

bML4z4O.jpg

hZWTpWJ.jpg

EcDpaSA.jpg

tVJ1gHU.jpg

66zdnNr.jpg

gQNTegw.jpg

dCQiWis.jpg

nsYmBmk.jpg

I’d gone in through some minor entrance thanks to the way I’d walked in from, but left via a main entrance right next to the Hagia Sofia.

KRprCxZ.jpg

lxIYToZ.jpg

YbZ1uoW.jpg

lLmX8go.jpg

There’s a bunch of small tomb buildings behind it. Nothing amazing, but free and fairly hidden, so nobody was really there.

mFVSAb0.jpg

jNPgmwD.jpg

jYV9vhs.jpg

XajKmSo.jpg

I quite stupidly ate lunch at some place on the main square opposite the Hagia Sofia, knowing that the prices would be massively inflated thanks to the location, but it was still cheap as f**k

AqfABI5.jpg

LjpA1Q7.jpg

I’d bought some combo ticket at the palace which included the Hagia Sofia, and also meant being able to skip the queue. Another photo dump coming up; it was really impressive, especially considering how old it is.

CgeOKV7.jpg

XLLFeLF.jpg

uxxjqi4.jpg

2TMEWBy.jpg

nBI6nvT.jpg

AJUXpq9.jpg

hPE5ALO.jpg

2PjLNuX.jpg

wjGtaXN.jpg

MwL6sPW.jpg

eZmqC6z.jpg

Lc68vSc.jpg

i37LLEh.jpg

dkgitlX.jpg

DXtalG1.jpg

c43F1w0.jpg

vDsQXrv.jpg

sv5Fht4.jpg

ZXseYhE.jpg

AuFJGMJ.jpg

The Blue Mosque is pretty much opposite, so I popped in there, too. It was a bit disappointing on the inside since there’s a load of construction going on, so there’s a fake ceiling just a few feet high right under the main dome.

45XMZlH.jpg

GnutlpK.jpg

2N24a5V.jpg

8ZzCD26.jpg

iMYZuOW.jpg

SUh47gh.jpg

t8Lcpws.jpg

dfqEQQ1.jpg

fF4WqV4.jpg

WDg43tL.jpg

Some other old s**te:

ioQFRN7.jpg

Phkc5KC.jpg

The Basilica Cistern was in the same area. It was very cool, but didn’t have any water in it thanks to renovation work, so that sort of defeats the purpose.

v7KxHRC.jpg

s0E9p6u.jpg

hafzKEN.jpg

EOAOhI8.jpg

93hcjFT.jpg

MW8nEfF.jpg

426ChTE.jpg

It was pretty late in the day by this point, but I’d managed to knock off 4 of the “must do” sites, so decided to pick up the couple of creds that were nearest the city centre. Turkey, and the whole region really, has a bunch of +1 “Luna Park” type places, most of which open around 11 or 12ish and stay open until between 11pm and 2am. I didn’t do any of these places stupidly late, but I liked these opening hours. If you’re short on time, you could potentially fill the day with tourist crap and then pick up creds at night when all that stuff has closed.

Anyway,

Feshane Dünyasi Çocuk Eğlence Parkı

Got a bus here easily enough (public transport in Turkey, Istanbul especially, is excellent: cheap, frequent and easy to use), and spent all of 10 minutes at the park before hopping on another one. Just a big apple here.

NKGvFSP.jpg

W3FKHIr.jpg

bUtS7CV.jpg

tGMDLhe.jpg

Kz8j38j.jpg

LJl54to.jpg

xQzPN39.jpg

4CAR3hq.jpg

From there it was to some shopping mall park.

Fun Lab

LyqRX65.jpg

kQS94CC.jpg

EraJO9z.jpg

It was a lot more substantial than I was expecting. I knew there was just one cred in there, but couldn’t remember what (there are a few of these places over this trip and I wasn’t keeping track), but it turned out to be a pretty big one. Well, it looked big since it was inside, but wasn’t really.

It had a steep, curved lifthill that took it up into a different level of the mall where it did a turn around before dropping back into the amusement park section. After that, it was just one big helix back to the bottom. So, a bit s**t really.

l8nHqDP.jpg

1adw02H.jpg

xCtKaY9.jpg

q7WZESs.jpg

OxRbCXH.jpg

0WEolnn.jpg

RhQQkOv.jpg

FYJGq1e.jpg

QRHImHL.jpg

vHR08xr.jpg

jlrIL1A.jpg

ArfKjBk.jpg

6n9xkJB.jpg

ELKZeZC.jpg

aK9bFUP.jpg

I’m pretty sure I just got a taxi back to the hotel area after that. Proper park day coming next.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Day 2 – Isfanbul and +1s

No culture in this bit – well, maybe a bit at the end – since this was the first of two days I’d set aside just for creds. The first major park of the trip wasn’t far out of the city centre, so I just got a 20-minute taxi and arrived for opening, though it could have been done in about 40 minutes by public transport.

Isfanbul

Formally known as Vialand, the taxi drop off/pick up was miles away from the park entrance, at the complete opposite end of the attached shopping mall. Walked past this simulator thing on the way:

AKMkJLf.jpg

First views of the park (from there at least; I’d seen it on the way in) and the main entrance:

gZPloQE.jpg

qF60KZd.jpg

F17oen9.jpg

6BdA7nY.jpg

I’d been sold some package thing, which I didn’t ask for, at the ticket office near the drop off point, which included some crap inside the mall itself. When I realised, I went to guest services to complain/get a refund on the crap, but seeing as it turned out to only be a few quid more, I just sucked it up in the end.

Anyway, despite Nefeskesen (Intamin Blitz thing) being right inside the entrance, I started with Angry Birds since it was running at 30-minute intervals and it was about to start.

lq7arbn.jpg

8x5Onli.jpg

Simulator. Total dogs**t as well.

Nefeskesen then. It was still only just after opening (not long after 11), and the park stays open quite late, so there were very few people around.

WJJPrxY.jpg

VFQlIXV.jpg

zGkVGnS.jpg

7axmVOm.jpg

9VhFO0K.jpg

81813nb.jpg

u6eEQT9.jpg

It was good fun, but felt slightly lacking in forces. It just all felt a bit tame to ride in comparison to how it looks. It’s far from a bad ride, and it’s very rerideable, but it felt more “Blue Fire” to me (with a stronger launch) than Intamin if that makes sense.

There’s a viewing platform near the queue entrance to get a decent look over the rest of the park.

3Nj1dj3.jpg

8D3zZ0L.jpg

V5ngyUW.jpg

lrM0a4Q.jpg

uGMYFaa.jpg

ThGg6Lg.jpg

I absolutely ADORE a good Small World ripoff. This one was actually pretty decent.

1Tk7VE9.jpg

8HlSeLB.jpg

7V2sf5i.jpg

3IbVzri.jpg

YcjGgvU.jpg

Bdbgthu.jpg

WwXaz7n.jpg

Next cred was a big apple that wasn't a big apple. There will be one or two more of these during this trip.

wFjqrXW.jpg

kVwFNTD.jpg

Other stuff: some nicely themed areas (especially a shops/restaurants “street”) and one of those stupid King Kong things.

yCK0728.jpg

pN3WVQf.jpg

ek4oeHn.jpg

VVBWvFB.jpg

pg810Hw.jpg

qKKmZ3c.jpg

The third cred is another Intamin, Maceraperest, which is a similar type to the “Ulven” mine trains, but I guess a slightly different layout? It was decent. Did a couple of rides on it anyway.

SjSoMMt.jpg

UPLqE3e.jpg

H3h1nDR.jpg

qNfF7m1.jpg

b8Xdmzh.jpg

EE8KQXl.jpg

wFylX2U.jpg

I did the splash boat since it didn’t seem too wet and it was sunny enough to dry off quickly anyway. Meh. The rapids was closed, as was the "Bling" thing (Starshape?) The drop tower was decent, but lacked the theming on the inside that it had on the outside.

RMsM63W.jpg

nnmailN.jpg

lX5ImGD.jpg

This “Pirates” style water ride was pretty decent. There was an impressive, but overlong, preshow using projection effects and animatronics. It was all in Turkish, obviously, but they had headphones with a simultaneous English translation. I didn’t bother, and I’m glad I didn’t since they didn’t seem to work very well. Some awful German family kept having a go at the ride op in the room every 30 seconds because their headphones weren’t working. Who f**king cares honestly?

R3iw2Jj.jpg

uPvkyN1.jpg

2VtLUsy.jpg

08unQ8o.jpg

2lU5rsb.jpg

5mZQkfw.jpg

I finished up with a couple more rides on Nefeskesen before heading into the mall to use up the unwanted package crap.

CG4YAEu.jpg

6DtxFNT.jpg

zz3v11d.jpg

f5TytYP.jpg

aXBlqLK.jpg

AjqLk64.jpg

I liked this park. It was smaller than I’d expected, but had a decent ride collection and a nice atmosphere. Operations didn’t seem great (small number of ride ops, slow loading etc.), but it wasn’t a problem since it was quiet. I don’t imagine it would be fun on a busy day though.

There are three attractions inside the mall, all next to each other and near the entrance I’d come in from. Safari was a shooting dark ride. Not bad.

f4cWxTa.jpg

Zindan was a ghost train. Not bad.

QYtP7H8.jpg

I think the above two rides used to be in the main park. Looking at older pictures, they seem to be in there. Maybe the park was ready before the mall? Anyway, it’s a bit cheeky to now have them as upcharge attractions in a slightly different location.

The third thing was just a small animal exhibit. Nothing special really though they had a decent tarantula collection.

C44KcL8.jpg

N2SxsoU.jpg

ctudQAe.jpg

w5vXUKA.jpg

ZeGrRfa.jpg

A3Bdb3P.jpg

Getting out was a pain. No cars were appearing on the ride hailing apps and there were no taxis coming through the mall’s pick-up point, no doubt because it was a quiet time of an already quiet day, so I was standing around for a good 20 minutes before I got out for some cred whoring.

Beyrampasa Sehir Parki

No idea where that name’s come from since it’s just Ada Park on the maps. It’s just a little city park with some rides shoved in one end, including a big apple.

6IRjb5U.jpg

TP0FBpI.jpg

aGbAPK9.jpg

7gawEAK.jpg

XWT4Vdt.jpg

t6aZgan.jpg

GUeM1jh.jpg

49Ouz2k.jpg

RQkMe7z.jpg

k3k0Sjy.jpg

Got an absolute f**kwit of a taxi driver who didn’t know where the huge nearby shopping mall was even though it was only a 10-minute drive away, was f**king massive, and I was showing the map in Turkish. After the second time within the first two minutes he stopped to ask for directions, I just got out and walked 10-minutes to the nearest metro station.

MOi Park

Mall of Istanbul Park. Get it? Genius.

1Q7gFaS.jpg

No.

hNlfIlD.jpg

Like the mall from the previous day, the amusement park area was pretty big, with a substantial spinning coaster, a kiddy cred and a bunch of flat rides. The spinner was ok for what it was, and used the space well.

Ll1owkG.jpg

wCIB4gW.jpg

nzow6St.jpg

8yUgYfM.jpg

PKqaRhP.jpg

bR7465n.jpg

f99HTZ8.jpg

v3xTL9W.jpg

dtjaMYe.jpg

kgX7m4r.jpg

etIUhIT.jpg

HVPBE9c.jpg

VrCgFlm.jpg

EAYw2q1.jpg

AVPwjcC.jpg

VE2OeW0.jpg

NThBqq3.jpg

smEIwxl.jpg

grizAOo.jpg

FlPPWus.jpg

j9l36mL.jpg

xK25Dr4.jpg

I’d never seen one of these before (seen the much older “Rotor” rides), so I was quite impressed. For anyone who doesn’t know what a rotor is, it’s just a spinning room where the floor drops out and riders stick to the wall. In this never version (I think from SBF Visa), the walls are almost transparent and the lighting inside changes. Anyway, it seemed very unique.

YJ57dYu.jpg

Next shopping mall.

Star Park

YJ57dYu.jpg

Oh.

NUxa86u.jpg

This place just had two kiddy coasters, one ridiculously small, but it wasn’t an issue getting on either other than dealing with the embarrassment.

l4Vna41.jpg

m1q79rf.jpg

Oy73167.jpg

2ynJWE9.jpg

Next!

Florya Luna Park

In the taxi on the way, I spotted another, unlisted coaster. I just about stopped myself from jumping from a moving vehicle to get the cred, instead making a note of where it was to head back later. Anyway, the park I was intending to be my last for the day was right on the coast and had a(nother) big apple.

a0muhc7.jpg

wlkGUPg.jpg

zjSQimM.jpg

760FR1I.jpg

wD4JDLL.jpg

IxlaTLt.jpg

GdGML1R.jpg

So yeah, I clearly doubled back on myself to get the UNLISTED CRED I’d just been past. The park was pretty much the exact same thing as the last one.

Hayrola Luna Park

s0PG6fy.jpg

C8t6tzT.jpg

zrfBOnU.jpg

7uMoykl.jpg

3jZRJRR.jpg

3y6QUsZ.jpg

YLyC5IH.jpg

RGGuGep.jpg

hGIh6O9.jpg

Here’s the culture bit from walking back to my hotel. I intended to go up that tower at some point, but never bothered.

gP4qXu2.jpg

2R2YPkT.jpg

SSGk1Y6.jpg

9xavwUx.jpg

VNEsNeV.jpg

PFLv0pi.jpg

And from the hotel roof terrace.

dWdPf0U.jpg

p01MZK4.jpg

fPoWqkY.jpg

PV5n1UN.jpg

zgGxD2I.jpg

F34iUj0.jpg

The dragon was pretty terrifying.

aFmO2PH.jpg

Not a bad day then. 6 parks and 10 creds, including an Intamin blitz and 4 big apples with the unknown/unlisted one.

It was another park/cred day the next day.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Your big-apple dedication puts us all to shame.... :)

Until this trip, I don't think I even had that many. They're nowhere near as much of a thing in this part of the world. We get Jungle Mouse coasters and powered dragons instead.

davidm

Strata Poster
Your lowest-quality-available-coaster dedication puts us all to shame.... :)

(to be fair, some of the culture in the first day is very impressive tho')

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just catching up with this - quite impressed by those views. Particularly like the Hagia Sophia shots over the water, that's magnificent. Nearly as good as Nefeskesen top-hat on the hill. ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Day 3: More Parks

The next day was put aside as another cred day. It turned into a massive faff, but everything got done in the end.

ViaSea
ViaSea was quite far out of the city, but not difficult to access. I could/should have taken the train, but there were taxis right outside the hotel, so I just did that since I left a bit later than I’d wanted. I was aiming to get there shortly after opening, but about halfway there it started pissing down. During the whole 3-week trip, this was the only time the weather was remotely a problem.

So, I got there and the park wasn’t open. They don’t open in the rain at all. I guess it’s better than paying money to get in and not ride anything, though.

mFgKDPD.jpg

hBSmeGs.jpg

Hq2bBgc.jpg

xQIdVNs.jpg

zT2dn6f.jpg

The weather forecast had the rain stopping by around 1pm, so I got a coffee (shopping area attached as with Isfanbul) and sat it out for a while. Nope, still not happening, so I left. I had most of the next day free, which I didn’t want to use on parks, but at least that was an option.

Taxi to some nearby +1 then

DAL Tema Park

Listed as something else on RCDB (Via/Crazy Park), but as DAL on maps, this was shoved into the car park of a shopping mall.

knAw9qt.jpg

It had a fancy entrance with live peacocks, and was pretty pleasant for such a small place. One crappy cred: a DAL Dragon, which is a slightly beefed up Go-Gator really.

QJsZsys.jpg

C4XNWc1.jpg

karoR9x.jpg

0sqtok9.jpg

4HpNWlp.jpg

82tWJgJ.jpg

acvPeMn.jpg

UwRw2pR.jpg

HPvgAdx.jpg

KhpinlO.jpg

HQxwLyN.jpg

The rain had stopped by this point, but I decided to continue with some +1 whoring, making a couple of mistakes with public transport. The whole area was covered by a bunch of small minibuses, but the routes were unclear. The destination would be on the front, and the driver would say “yes” to the place you were going to, but some were more direct and others went a massively out of the way route. I was on one of them for almost an hour before I ditched it and got a taxi. Waste of time.

Anyway, I picked up a +3 from various little parks. I’ve decided I’m not going to type up every one of those. I’ve got too much to get through and the workload/reward ratio isn’t worth the f**king effort. Here’s one of them, so you get the idea:

vXeKLIS.jpg

jY6AnUs.jpg

It was probably around 4pm by this point, and the weather had massively cleared up, so I headed back to the first park.

ViaSea Again

Only the theme park isn’t called ViaSea. The area is ViaSea/ViaPort, but the park is actually called:

Korsan Adasi (Pirate Island)

This place pissed me off. The prices for foreigners were massively inflated. You had to go to a different ticketing window - because that’s not a giveaway that you’re about to get f**ked without lube - and could only get the park as part of a package with other nearby stuff. The cheapest option was a package with either the Crocodile Park or Lion Park, both housed in a building next to the park entrance. Even if locals bought the stuff in the package, which they weren’t required to, they’d still be paying loads less.

Locals had the option of paying entrance only + ride tickets (£3.50/$4.30 entrance) or an all-inclusive ticket for £9.70/$12. My ticket, with the crappy Lion Park that I didn’t want? £27/$33. Almost three times the local price. F**king disgraceful.

dQwWJV2.jpg

a3SKzN2.jpg

Anyway, Red Fire, which turned out to be my 100th Intamin:

RwWHs6P.jpg

tHWBrc6.jpg

uFdHLAZ.jpg

cIY7x4H.jpg

I liked this a lot. I’d done iSpeed, and I know I liked it, but I couldn’t remember much about it, so this wasn’t a coaster I was particularly bothered about, but it was fab. Maybe the lack of OTSRs made it better than iSpeed. I ended up much preferring it to Nefeskesen as well. It just seemed to be a lot more forceful. Second best coaster in Turkey.

yYb1mg7.jpg

WSjAZJz.jpg

QFfBI8t.jpg

mAwSeF3.jpg

MjJ0N4X.jpg

These things are just a cancer on parks at the moment. Ugh.

I3tPZM4.jpg

Y2Og10f.jpg

For a brief moment, I was in a slightly better mood when I “discovered” this unlisted cred:

ZlaFZ70.jpg

hNMSkcA.jpg

Exactly the same bloody thing as the one posted a bit earlier, a DAL Dragon.

wHo7GRs.jpg

qlqlQwM.jpg

The final coaster is an Intamin Family Coaster (Mine Train Ulven clone), so I completed the set of those. I liked the two of this model I’d done before (Bakken and Happy Valley Shanghai) but I think the slightly different one at Isfanbul was perhaps slightly better, or I might just be making that up. Probably not much in them.

aaieMD8.jpg

4EN9nwV.jpg

7ptTNdH.jpg

QtHx29O.jpg

3ZWkH8G.jpg

lcTDFcg.jpg

TBgxDDh.jpg

More Red Fire.

aw50GLR.jpg

l5xC85M.jpg

LNqnRVg.jpg

qJYwObN.jpg

I did rerides on Family Coaster and more on Red Fire just so that I wasn’t done in half an hour. I didn’t like this place at all. It was actually tiny, and the price gouging, in case you hadn’t realised earlier, massively pissed me off.

I popped into Lion Park since I had the ticket. Crocodile Park was on the lower level, with the cats above. It was fine, but didn’t warrant more than 15 minutes.

rKMlae4.jpg

MTaAfyL.jpg

Lb9x1oR.jpg

WORW540.jpg

bReNUEF.jpg

J5hAHdS.jpg

I got the train back into the city, stopping off at another +1 park on the way back since it was on the same line. I’ll chuck this one in since it was slightly more substantial than some of the others.

Bostanci Luna Park

Can’t be arsed to write any more. You can see what’s here:

tdWerTI.jpg

lX8fPIT.jpg

oLRfxYb.jpg

70er37R.jpg

JNu2CeH.jpg

HsGxZ2K.jpg

e8lIQ77.jpg

davidm

Strata Poster
Your super-sized-go-gator dedication puts us all to shame.... :)

(the Intamins in Istanbul had always intrigued me somewhat (all the ****e +1s notsomuch) - its presumably the same company that owns the two 'major' parks - guess it was a multi-buy offer at the time and/or the Intamin salesteam had a good few months)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Your super-sized-go-gator dedication puts us all to shame.... :)

(the Intamins in Istanbul had always intrigued me somewhat (all the ****e +1s notsomuch) - its presumably the same company that owns the two 'major' parks - guess it was a multi-buy offer at the time and/or the Intamin salesteam had a good few months)

Yeah, not sure now, but they were certainly the same company when they opened at least. ViaLand and ViaSea, each with a slightly different Intamin Blitz and Intamin Family Coaster in them. ViaLand (now Isfanbul) is the MUCH more substantial park though; the park bit is probably 4 times the size and has a lot more rides. I think the price was similar, but without the foreigner gouging.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Enjoyed this one, again. Love the image of you just trooping around the outskirts of Istanbul getting creds.
Locals had the option of paying entrance only + ride tickets (£3.50/$4.30 entrance) or an all-inclusive ticket for £9.70/$12. My ticket, with the crappy Lion Park that I didn’t want? £27/$33. Almost three times the local price. F**king disgraceful.
Quoting this just to support you in this frustration. Awful, awful practice.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Enjoyed this one, again. Love the image of you just trooping around the outskirts of Istanbul getting creds.

Quoting this just to support you in this frustration. Awful, awful practice.

I get it, and actually support it, if you're talking about some sort of cultural relics. For example, I fully agree that Cambodians should be able to access Ankor Wat for free, or Egyptians should be able to access the pyramids, or Turks should be able to see the Hagia Sofia (or countless other examples) since it's part of their history, culture and heritage. It's fair to charge foreign visitors more to access these since it's pure tourism on their part and there needs to be money for upkeep.

But when places like theme parks piggy-back off this practice, it's purely down to greed, is a total ripoff and needs to be called out. Can you imagine the f**king uproar if a UK park tried that s**t?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh yeah, it's the theme park bit of it that's gross. I'm alright with it for the 'local culture' stuff as you say.

Feels like daylight robbery for a cred, though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Boring cultural bit alert…

Turkey Day 4
Parks were done. I had a train out in the early evening, so I did some more mincing around Istanbul. I had planned to go to some archeological museum which was included in the pass from earlier, but the pass had expired. Meh.

Same place as before:

nKaUJwS.jpg

kuWb5Zu.jpg

CUnkymD.jpg

8geypSe.jpg

tQfv1NS.jpg

49Y23VB.jpg

VyavwiZ.jpg

Found another old cistern on the way to summat else. This one was only discovered a few years ago and it seems that very few people know about it, so I had the place to myself. Free as well and used as an art gallery. ‘twas fab.

R6MRDVP.jpg

HsXSs7x.jpg

69qWB6R.jpg

dKDKcOl.jpg

ILAFhhs.jpg

jtlGmZw.jpg

Some old pillar and aquaduct:

qWUPiVA.jpg

a65LfN6.jpg

myQMssm.jpg

xKCkfbU.jpg

Walked up a hill to another mosque. Wasn’t that arsed about the mosque, but glad I did since the views from there were really decent.

mH1jZiB.jpg

qAblxup.jpg

vUwrVgF.jpg

4XjyOkJ.jpg

EzSkowm.jpg

YXzP3WS.jpg

JiBgyx6.jpg

1JTqYyp.jpg

nTn5wkQ.jpg

KSEmOGz.jpg

IFgnoKP.jpg

McVKIGy.jpg

5G7rxQZ.jpg

P2qbK6Y.jpg

Back down the hill and back across the bridge to the hotel.

YW7SLYJ.jpg

qHgxheS.jpg

I had plenty of time left, so just used public transport (tram and metro) to get to the train station in the east of the city. The “high speed” train to Ankara was cheap (I think I paid about 20 quid for 1st class), but I’ve been spoiled by China’s system since it felt a bit slow, was hardly a “1st class” experience, and arrived almost an hour late. Oh well.

Ankara

It’s not on most tourists’ lists when it comes to Turkey, but there’s a ludicrous new park there. My hotel was only a 10-minute walk from the train station. I got a fairly fancy one for next to nothing, and had a fab view from the balcony over to one of the parks. Cred anxiety was kicking in, but it was already midnight, so I left it. Have some blurry pictures anyway:

2gbScZY.jpg

48pxSxH.jpg

A0UlsRM.jpg

7cU2G62.jpg

Park day next.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Digging those high up views of Istanbul, really cool!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Day 5: Creds

Got a clearer view of Luna Park in the morning:

wfFDW3x.jpg

XQIz2di.jpg

3FAFl9j.jpg

That was going to have to wait though. First up was a taxi to the main reason for even bothering with Ankara.

Wonderland Eurasia

Originally called “Ankapark”, there were doubts whether this place would ever open. Anyway, it has, but with a lot of stuff still closed. I was hoping that something other than the RCDB “open” list would’ve been sorted by the time I got there, but nope. Still, I guess I was lucky that the stuff on that list was open on that day.

Arrived to an enormous, empty car park.

ISUyD7N.jpg

Would this be open? (Spoiler alert: no)

YLg0sUw.jpg

XieN86g.jpg

The entrance area was decent enough, with a big model of the park inside the castle.

DHMF10G.jpg

gf07yGQ.jpg

Yfof4Zb.jpg

SLGyqZU.jpg

OLkpJLl.jpg

ay5AO3u.jpg

Most of the coasters were off to the left of the entrance:

Vuck4GS.jpg

I’ll just point out that this place is absolutely f**king huge, but in a long, rectangular shape. The end to the left of the entrance is crammed with s**t, while the bigger, right side is more spread out around a lake. From one corner to another is around 2km, or if you walked a straight line from one end to the other, it’s around 1.75km. For reference, a straight line from the entrance of Galactica to the entrance of Smiler is 890m. Basically, you're not getting this park done without a s**tload of walking.

Some stuff near the entrance. I had no idea the huge Intamin water thing was here. Not a cred though since it’s literally just the drop into the water. The only other one I’ve seen is Pilgrim’s Plunge at Holiday World. Was that sold, or is this a new one? It was closed anyway despite having water running through it. They were testing the lift, but didn't seem to be releasing the boats off it from what I saw.

OLkpJLl.jpg

UB1WJln.jpg

E2wxzAw.jpg

B5zHan2.jpg

VGflwat.jpg

jeOAGaM.jpg

zenbDDp.jpg

nI0F8bu.jpg

lXoDmdf.jpg

First cred was a big apple because I hadn’t done enough of them. There was some decent enough theming around it, including some animatronics.

15xpb83.jpg

ElqX0OI.jpg

iKIcxJI.jpg

gIzSdWI.jpg

BEZxZmZ.jpg

Walked past these at first, wanting to try and track down everything else.

ksxot61.jpg

Qg85tOv.jpg

I’d seen another one if these in one of the shopping mall parks. This place also had a second on inside one of the indoor areas.

TnKwsQp.jpg

At least they were really far away from each other, unlike two huge gyroswing things within a 30-second walk of each other.

6jFWE95.jpg

du6Wusg.jpg

Closed. This used to be on the travelling circuit and (I think) is the only one of its kind.

AHfgalL.jpg

uD5hCAi.jpg

pMPzbOL.jpg

This area in the far corner clearly shouldn’t have been accessible. I walked into it through some side path, but it was fenced off from all other angles.

Fwtq0Nk.jpg

8WwjfyG.jpg

R3Kgekq.jpg

psqnmUb.jpg

Decent-looking kiddy area with two (open) kiddy creds. There were literally no other guests around this side of the park at this time, so there was one ride op per area moving between stuff.

41xXCZG.jpg

t8fDCHJ.jpg

LOjCVtj.jpg

qZWsLgu.jpg

More stuff. Some of this may have been open, but I didn’t see it running and wasn’t bothered about riding any of it to ask.

GLTUCuV.jpg

NTCZmK5.jpg

WRgByNW.jpg

6qGy1Wk.jpg

uSZypKe.jpg

Weirdly, they’ve built a Beijing Shibaolai Space Trip (not open yet), which seemed to have been a dead ride type. I’ve stupidly missed two of these at other parks, which have now gone, so have never actually ridden one.

klyt9iS.jpg

22Mt8lP.jpg

aAWTLpc.jpg

This was in some bizarre Flintstone cat area.

NA82oBV.jpg

QWLPfMk.jpg

lwZKAZv.jpg

People! This Zierer thing was one of the better coasters, so I’m glad it was open. I also did the gross Air Race because an overenthusiastic ride op (the only one with any sense of enthusiasm that I saw that day) ran over when I was looking at it. Ugh.

B13NPVg.jpg

0a262eh.jpg

7acwGjf.jpg

FNrTh7L.jpg

KvqLqtb.jpg

iLakMJK.jpg

The thing I was hoping would have been ready was the Intamin Jet Rescue clone, but no.

HCHXxu6.jpg

YI3nT5d.jpg

XgblBiF.jpg

Not to worry though. This was open instead:

LJ2X6gI.jpg

gTg5drC.jpg

I hadn’t done one for a few years. Vile contraptions.

wpltQvt.jpg

FpzNIgl.jpg

WcXERKK.jpg

Another kiddy +1 was open.

KI6i4TN.jpg

IGnFgtF.jpg

OWJ1A4a.jpg

esXvXCd.jpg

The two spinning mouse coasters, again RIGHT next to each other, were not.

YDFp5bh.jpg

BbAJYzf.jpg

ltU4wXP.jpg

Is it a cred? Doesn’t matter; it wasn’t open.

WQe7ioP.jpg

iVhIWvd.jpg

Another one that wasn’t open:

kbcOfTt.jpg

P33F6ap.jpg

4REYMfp.jpg

That was the (smaller) left side of the park finished, so it was off around the much bigger right side. There were a lot of big indoor areas (some interconnected) around a lake. Dinosaur stuff first. It seems that there’s supposed to be some dark ride in here, but it’s surprisingly not ready.

gHDgMtP.jpg

e7kt5PE.jpg

FgUH22e.jpg

Some more general stuff. One of the buildings has a bunch of kiddy rides, including a second big apple. I was trying to work out why the cats all looked so f**king creepy, and it’s clearly because they have human teeth.

jJxK1Df.jpg

ngv4UNd.jpg

6QQt5n8.jpg

r8XUXdK.jpg

DVz3I8k.jpg

qS0XPjq.jpg

vxQs9Mp.jpg

FTSacLm.jpg

VfDqms6.jpg

stc6xlt.jpg

1bph1gg.jpg

S65na4d.jpg

Another building had some more major rides in it, including a surprisingly decent coaster and a closed log flume. The coaster needed a minimum of six people to ride. Some bloke with his kids managed to round up some other less-than-interested people, and the ride op let us go a second time without getting off.

Z9sjSuE.jpg

wiSKUBe.jpg

ChqbNPf.jpg

FG5J7Bx.jpg

VWt74Rj.jpg

BMMUqGw.jpg

DZlw0eM.jpg

rFq8jAA.jpg

23ffgW0.jpg

hrwFZkc.jpg

R5M8eNZ.jpg

D6o2SUN.jpg

4D cinema. Ugh.

3YMMGmR.jpg

Ir0n0eV.jpg

The biggest coaster, Light Speed, is right over in the far corner of the park. It’s (clearly) one of the newer Intamin 10-inversion things with lapbars. It all looked very sparse, but there also seemed to be a lot of disco and chaser lights around the base of the track (these were also very prevalent in the station), so I think at night it’s probably quite fab, assuming they're switched on.

BYyXMcj.jpg

wcVfmEm.jpg

c9vU3er.jpg

s7Kv8rb.jpg

scnkTA0.jpg

bg9TAk1.jpg

xi3XzKI.jpg

7kohy7X.jpg

8T2e9YZ.jpg

pYvuwms.jpg

6sXMQoo.jpg

78C1uSx.jpg

I think I mentioned the sky loop thing was closed, but I did the Ferris wheel and a “Small World” type ride that focused on different areas of Turkey. I think it was made by the same people who did the one at Isfanbul. The style of the characters seemed very similar at any rate.

F38rkei.jpg

FOwzpp3.jpg

VBUkCle.jpg

1Y6Qr9f.jpg

YIl0X4f.jpg

PmhTTv8.jpg

R1bMshZ.jpg

epGCAmy.jpg

AYpYB7s.jpg

4MHaFMb.jpg

And that was it. Because of the size of the place, I’d been there a good few hours even with a lot of stuff being closed. I’d managed 9 creds, which was good since that’s what RCDB had listed as open at least, but I’d been hoping for at least a couple of others to have been ready.

I honestly don’t know what’s going to happen with this place. It should be a decent park since there’s LOADS in it – I barely covered what was in the buildings in this report - but that doesn’t count for much when so much isn’t running yet. Will it ever be fully operational? I think there’s more chance of it closing before that happens to be honest. It’s just too big for a new park. Even if the rides were all running, the staffing costs would be HUGE, which is perhaps part of the reason so much is closed. If everything was open, they’d need literally hundreds of staff to run the place, which just isn’t feasible in a park with almost no guests. Ankara has a population of around 5.5 million, which should be enough to sustain a decent-sized park, but no real tourism to speak of. We’ll see I guess.

Onto some whoring then.

Family Park

Typical place for the area. +2 here at least. Not sure if anyone noticed before, but ALL of these tiny places seem to have a booster and Zamperla Discovery.

zQXKpMX.jpg

A37QZL6.jpg

Nui33it.jpg

JMNSEmL.jpg

ro9Dkln.jpg

4G4d7Bv.jpg

Goksu Park

Another crappy DAL dragon thing, but also an alpine coaster. I f**ked up here though. There’s actually another alpine coaster not too far to the north of the city, but I had in my head that this was the only one. It wasn’t bad though. Just the usual couple of helices and meander back down to the bottom.

zwarwFS.jpg

SldslIg.jpg

A4IY7US.jpg

uYoh4Ed.jpg

2CUxRV8.jpg

wUJ76ce.jpg

9Xa8RZc.jpg

vk0keox.jpg

diGWaC2.jpg

Crocus Park

Another shopping mall park, but nowhere near as impressive as some of the ones in Istanbul. Two kiddy creds here, but I was denied one of them. Bastards.

4HJ3Eos.jpg

822SnyF.jpg

UJiQER0.jpg

7GcJ6aH.jpg

4GACNkg.jpg

mqRDD0g.jpg

Luna Park Sincan
Another one of these places, only this one had TWO Zamperla Discoveries in it. There were also two creds: a big apple and powered dragon, and a third that’s annoyingly not open yet.

Iylzeja.jpg

qOMwKQq.jpg

ghPlbU3.jpg

XIkcoKy.jpg

ObLn8Rn.jpg

ZKE2bR8.jpg

As0x2AD.jpg

4mLWGVQ.jpg

19E2LdG.jpg

W7mMsMY.jpg

dNyCJT3.jpg

bovRN1c.jpg

uOz9Rv6.jpg

bpQCQ8C.jpg

Y7pdDDC.jpg

I headed back to the hotel after that, intending to walk over to Luna Park and then not bothering. There it is:

evn6hv7.jpg

p0axRCr.jpg

wvQk4In.jpg

5b3W2JV.jpg

Next up: culture and whoring.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Don't worry; there are more to come.

Turkey Day 6: More Ankara

It’s not exactly a tourist hotspot, but there were a few areas to check out and all very close to each other, so I went for a wander in the morning.

YcZy7in.jpg

HvcupPy.jpg

QOxgAW6.jpg

hgGoRnT.jpg

BNebMeX.jpg

93jHgUW.jpg

Ankara Castle is a bit of an uphill walk, but is the main tourist site here. Other than a museum later, it was literally the only place I saw any other non-locals, and even then they’re weren’t many. I approached it the “wrong” way through some pretty crappy area though.

1kRZCTq.jpg

UOiohqe.jpg

5FuRD2W.jpg

aHraUKf.jpg

m6k0uAC.jpg

In a “never in the UK” way, you can climb all over the thing, with some massive drops to certain death and no safety barriers.

OR1rrYq.jpg

anz5Df3.jpg

SwvQ3Bi.jpg

lUqG1BC.jpg

503gsnp.jpg

A view back down to the park I still hadn’t done:

Um6KTJj.jpg

cLGi13n.jpg

KSczF5G.jpg

8Wdd32L.jpg

a4nV1Xz.jpg

5rPcE8Y.jpg

7ejtHIc.jpg

I headed back down the “proper” way, which was a lot nicer, with a bunch of shops, cafes etc., plus what I think was a fortune telling rabbit.

Dy7Y0h4.jpg

1u1xIXI.jpg

EmUM09N.jpg

PrMEmxK.jpg

n9BMOkH.jpg

oXaL6fJ.jpg

xbOpohS.jpg

2mSkNUE.jpg

Time for some +1s then. I wasn’t going to bother with this first place since it was the furthest one out of the city, but I had time and I’ve travelled further when whoring Chinese cities before.

Mogan Lake Park

It’s a lake.

DjbMwDk.jpg

QEqvoGb.jpg

Dz1gETH.jpg

There was a view over to another park, which I thought might be unlisted since I thought I was further out of the city than I actually was, but it turned out to be one I had on the list already:

yEzEY2c.jpg

Where’s the cred?!

vzEusNo.jpg

ZevvbaG.jpg

Ugh.

7iAU99E.jpg

Jd7a7ZP.jpg

It took a while to get out of here since no cars were appearing on the ride hailing apps, so I spent a while on a main road hoping for a taxi, which did eventually come. Next!

Funland

A shopping mall place with a fairly substantial coaster.

7B0dWph.jpg

z6kXVTi.jpg

eQWMXVY.jpg

eIuoPEI.jpg

X2P0wTD.jpg

yPyQphN.jpg

EJYmmRd.jpg

2XMYghm.jpg

The next park was the one I’d seen earlier from the lake.

50 Year Park

The whole park is pretty big and spread over a fairly huge hill, but luckily I got dropped off near the top, which was where the rides area was. Walking up from the bottom would’ve been a mission.

Same as the rest of them, with a big apple and Zamperla Discovery:

JTta5jt.jpg

J9BS2sb.jpg

W6Imevl.jpg

uhCIPnF.jpg

57DUzZj.jpg

exsLzKg.jpg

RNJto5x.jpg

I walked back down, ending up in one of the areas I’d been in earlier that day, then walked back across to the hotel.

bqFlDu2.jpg

2FUpe49.jpg

FxVk6ll.jpg

lGbsj0F.jpg

WEyvX3s.jpg

uzYmtVv.jpg

I chilled at the hotel for a bit, then finally walked over to Luna Park. I left my camera in the room on charge though, so only grabbed a handful of phone pictures.

Luna Park

It was just a scaled-up version of the others really, but with a much bigger collection of flat rides, including 3 boosters, which seemed a bit ridiculous.

s091udc.jpg

snepkoo.jpg

ox1HRWM.jpg

367de8h.jpg

xymvCb3.jpg

zx5mk7n.jpg

Turkey Day 7

I had some time the next day before a flight out in the late afternoon, so lazed around the hotel for a bit then went to some museum which wasn’t too far away. It was pretty decent really. Look, old stuff:

T9DXuXD.jpg

FnieHX0.jpg

f9ZuP88.jpg

wuMGMYJ.jpg

D51Cahm.jpg

n9L2xCs.jpg

gzYOAjM.jpg

P43mUf6.jpg

CYAIZNC.jpg

Rus7KHK.jpg

Gsa9P8v.jpg

oQnYQ43.jpg

btn7hJp.jpg

iTjnSOg.jpg

I actually quite liked Ankara. It's clearly not Istanbul in terms of stuff to do or see, but it was mostly a nice city and was all pretty chilled out. It could have been that I was still only a few days into the trip. By the end, I had a bit less tolerance for ultimately quite boring places. As I said before, I saw very few tourists around, and because of this prices were cheap and there was no hassle from touts/tour guides etc. Istanbul hadn't seemed too bad for that, but it was definitely there.

Then it was a flight to the final stop in Turkey, Antalya, getting there in the evening and not bothering to do anything until the next day, which will be the next part of this report. Obviously.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Just over 50% success for the creds in Wonderland seems pretty decent for the state it's in.

I wonder, if they ever did get it all finished and ready, if there would ever be a day when you could get 100% in a single hit, or would it be just another example of the common mentality - you've got enough rides to be getting on with.

Also that indoor one with the dragon mouth and loop looks crazy and I want it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ That indoor coaster was really good, especially for the size. I was expecting all kinds of dreadfulness, especially since the lift hill felt a little shaky, but it was actually really smooth.

I don't think there will ever be a time when everything will be open on the same day. If they ever do get everything up and running, I think it would make sense to try and have staggered/scheduled operating times since they'd never be able to have enough staff to have everything open at the same time.

I've just looked it up, and the park is physically 3 times the size of Magic Kingdom, with 26 major attractions and 2117 smaller ones (though I'm guessing they're including a lot of things like arcade machines in that number). There are, however, a s**t ton of smaller kiddy rides, especially inside all those huge buildings, and all of those little pieces of crap need at least one operator, which I just don't think will ever be feasible.

A smaller team of operators moving between sections which have different opening times? Smaller rides in each section on a schedule with the major attractions open full-time? Have the outdoor stuff fully open, but open the buildings for a couple of hours each? They all make sense to me.

Will it happen? No.

Days 8+9 – Antalya

Here’s a park day then. I was staying right on the harbour at the foot of the old town in Antalya. The hotel was a bit ropey, but it’s one of very few in the harbour itself (maybe the only one?) and I’d decided that’s where I wanted to be.

I’m sure a few people on here think they’ve been to Antalya since they’d have landed at that airport before being transferred by sweaty minibus to an all-inclusive resort 40 kilometres away from the actual city, where they’d eat chips for every meal and sit next to the pool for a week before leaving.

Anyway, the harbour is at the bottom of some cliffs/hills, but luckily there was this lift to get up to the main street level:

pTey12o.jpg

But it was closed the whole time, so it was a short uphill faff to get to the main road. Nice views back down though:

Kz86ITb.jpg

cwAin8P.jpg

W0B8HT0.jpg

KTMhCMx.jpg

NJgdYyZ.jpg

3yvY8GJ.jpg

1ZgOM2m.jpg

gb3WjLv.jpg

Land of Legends

This place is pretty close to the aforementioned all-inclusives, so around a 30-40 minute drive from the old town. I had plenty of time and didn’t feel the need to rush there for opening, so I left a little later and got there using a couple of buses, which was easy enough and took about an hour. I think I ended up getting there for early afternoon. I accidentally got off the bus a bit earlier than needed though (there are stops right outside the park on the main road), so walked the last few minutes. It’s fairly obvious which way to go:

iKtWG96.jpg

smuXDtY.jpg

g056yVK.jpg

It’s more of a resort I guess than just a theme park. There’s a hotel and shopping/restaurant area out the front, part of which you walk through to get to the park.

aX5u4rR.jpg

5T1ZB4F.jpg

8CJkHn8.jpg

44AnMov.jpg

nXcpf0D.jpg

Once you get into the park itself, there’s a water park section off to the left with the dry park to the right. These are both included in the ticket price and people were moving freely between both areas, meaning that you’ve got people riding the coasters in their swimming gear; for 90% of the clientele, this was not ok.

If I’d have bothered to do some proper research, I might have tried out the water park as well, but since none of this trip was going to be of the pool/beach type, I hadn’t packed for it anyway.

I think I remember reading that this 4D cinema fills with water, so I didn’t try it:

BLOJ8UK.jpg

I’ll shove in some general stuff before we get to the creds. The park was really nice, but also pretty small, though obviously there’s loads more to it if you’re taking in the water park area as well, which is around the same size again. There’s also a dolphin show to watch if you’re a total monster.

3sYrXCX.jpg

9EdLlhP.jpg

V7OUVfL.jpg

Xx2gcNJ.jpg

5R89pkK.jpg

7aNXkiX.jpg

From the flat rides I just did the skyfly thing. I’m crap at these and can never get them to do anything; this one was no exception.

The main draw here is obviously Hyper Coaster, a clone of Flash, which I’d already done and loved. However, now that there’s one within spitting distance of hordes of gammons, some of whom might deign to leave the pool between meals and visit, it’s basic as f**k and I hate it.

zcsaxHO.jpg

NlxUZHb.jpg

2oeEtoo.jpg

For such a huge thing, you can’t actually see most of it from within the park which I guess is a good thing since the substantial layout after the drop and loop is more of a surprise. It’s an excellent coaster. I’d only managed to get two rides in on Flash because it was so busy, but I got a fair few more in here to be able to form a better opinion. I think Helix still just tops this, but Flash/Hyper Coaster are a close second for best Mack ride that I’ve done.

WClX2C8.jpg

vz5pGZD.jpg

gw3LQbd.jpg

The park was a little busy, and it was only running one train, but the queues never got too big since I imagine people were spending more time in the water park. I managed a couple of walk-on rides, and never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes for the others.

4x5cci7.jpg

j7KGIfK.jpg

gEQ11VA.jpg

iY46Psw.jpg

iWpIQZB.jpg

The other big coaster is one of these Intamin water coaster things. This was the second I’d done within a couple of months after having never done one before. Meh; they should’ve gone to Mack for a water coaster as well as Hyper Coaster.

J9uEAzw.jpg

aJCUDDH.jpg

FTIvtwN.jpg

dOGwCVz.jpg

jPWvn81.jpg

dYVvX65.jpg

IWFo6ey.jpg

iMQpGEt.jpg

There are a couple of kiddy creds right next to each other. The smaller one apparently only allows adults on with kids, but I had no issue getting straight on. There was no queue, so I doubt they cared.

Hex1YzZ.jpg

4oFxaE7.jpg

0gXbyM7.jpg

xOgNREt.jpg

qEL70wb.jpg

That was about it really. It’s definitely a full-day place if you’re doing the water park as well, but for just the dry park, it doesn’t need a lot of time to cover. Rerides on Hyper Coaster are a must, but when the queues are so short, even that didn’t need a lot of time.

I got some food in the food court area outside the park, then headed back into town (bus + tram this time, which seemed like it could be quicker, but wasn’t), then a taxi onto a park in the west of the city. Even if I’d had a full day at Land of Legends, this place could have been done since, like most of these places, it was open until at least midnight.

Aktur Park

Just a typical “Luna Park” place, but with 3 creds. The Ferris wheel seems new – it wasn’t yet open – and was pretty impressive; you could see it from right across the bay in the old town.

YXjSwU3.jpg

8DDh3Aj.jpg

6THYmep.jpg

6hHXj2x.jpg

r0QAfCt.jpg

M5hxO0X.jpg

lhLE4LG.jpg

tdIK80h.jpg

yubXud1.jpg

PUQTEz5.jpg

wNjmMB9.jpg

wUWzBPq.jpg

tDGbMQc.jpg

xD5zLzK.jpg

84iZ6f6.jpg

4zyTBTY.jpg

ZeWZyQg.jpg

There was another tiny park between Aktur and the old town, so I got a bus there, then walked back from the park to the harbour.

Attaturk Park

5Tgsrpz.jpg

j5Ptgxj.jpg

qKmCFVW.jpg

nPEBADT.jpg

59AVgsh.jpg

3hYBVJr.jpg

9dl9BmR.jpg

a7gFeFY.jpg

ToacW3B.jpg

L56nXOt.jpg

F0qC9gJ.jpg

Gt1mI0S.jpg

f5d5eeA.jpg

Creds were all done, so the next day was a quiet, mostly lazy one with some general touristy stuff. I’ll just chuck it in now since it was the last day in Turkey anyway.

Antalya (Old Town) Cultch

Antalya is actually a really big city, but it’s only really the old town area that was of much interest. As I’ve said, I was staying right on the harbour, which was lovely, and the streets/hills around one side of that lead up and into the small Old Town area.

When I’d got back to the harbour the previous evening, I’d booked myself onto a 2-hour boat trip since I knew I’d have the whole day to kill and the area is actually quite small. It was alright; it just goes along the coast for an hour to some waterfalls, then back again.

7UcbDhg.jpg

OO4JfIy.jpg

mZd7uW5.jpg

NwKQrpD.jpg

gXte6he.jpg

OgsbRQY.jpg

Ke1IzcM.jpg

ceXJ8bz.jpg

jD43Jxf.jpg

s5Pv4V3.jpg

jbhlPAL.jpg

jqaOJ13.jpg

cPziOQE.jpg

The “beach” area of the harbour:

mQLRzxn.jpg

Up into the old town:

WxFquTB.jpg

o59PQXQ.jpg

RiXtsNi.jpg

aIRIXnH.jpg

dJPxA8a.jpg

A1I1EEd.jpg

CygQsxo.jpg

PpzlLX7.jpg

7q3nCTv.jpg

alQgdrk.jpg

0dbXyB2.jpg

aGJXsAy.jpg

QJ5HOBo.jpg

scQrYJF.jpg

IwYo4oZ.jpg

glBKgQ5.jpg

There was a museum back in the direction of Aktur Park which was apparently really decent, but I couldn’t be bothered in the end. I just spent the evening eating and having a few drinks around the harbour. It was an early one the next morning to head out to the airport for the next country on the trip, but I’ll start a fresh report for that to keep things better organised.

Turkey was fab. I’d been meaning to go for ages and never got around to it, so it was good to finally tick it off. Clearly, I knocked off loads of creds (just counted and it was 50), but they were part of the overall “package” of getting to see a bit of the country, and with all those crappy +1 places being open so late, it was easy to do other stuff during the day and knock them off in the evenings, so they didn’t need to be factored in to any actual planning.

Istanbul was the main point of going, and it was great, but then I was curious about Wonderland Eurasia (glad I did since I liked Ankara and I’m not sure if that park will even last) and then Antalya wasn’t too far from there and turned out to be a nice, chilled couple of days.

In terms of coasters:

1. Hyper Coaster
2. Red Fire
3. Nefeskesen
4. Light Speed
5-10. The two Intamin Family Coasters, Lav Macera, Devin Kileri, Typhoon Coaster, the shopping mall spinner
11-50 – All the other s**te

The end.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Waterfalls into the ocean? Don't tend to see that all that often. Cool!

Enjoyed this one - first time I recall seeing a report from Turkey (not unlike most of your reports to be fair), and it's been cool to see something a bit different. Sounds like an excellent trip too, actually. +50 ain't bad either. ;)