What's new

Cedar Point | Top Thrill 2 | Triple Launch Renovation | 2024

toofpikk

Mega Poster
really exciting new state of the art concept shared to me on discord.

I wonder how the train would be able to handle the repetitive impact of such a large pendulum striking it with enough force to climb the top hat?
sCsMnjB.png

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
We now know the track is being shipped to Genoa, Italy. Which is 5hrs away from Intamin
It's also close to Stakotra who while mainly working on intamin rides have been known to make track for reworked coasters, such as Coneylands Cobra.

unsalted

Roller Poster
Genoa is also 5 hrs from Indrivetec in Zürich. According to this post from August, Indrivetec is rumored to be providing the LSM launch for Monezooma. A poster below this speculates it could be part of a multi-coaster contract with CF that could include TTD. Still just rumor and speculation, but this was prior to the TTD retirement announcement.

Has Indrivetec worked on any non-Intamin coasters? They're a separate company but Intamin appears to have a history with them.

fartsalad

Roller Poster
really exciting new state of the art concept shared to me on discord.

I wonder how the train would be able to handle the repetitive impact of such a large pendulum striking it with enough force to climb the top hat?
sCsMnjB.png
Where have you been all of my life?

cookie

Giga Poster
In light of the PNE Playland announcement, ElToroRyan has chimed in with a new rumor on who might be responsible for TTD's renovation: Zamperla.

Last edited:

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
There's enough sensationalism in this reply and video thumbnail to make me sad.
It isn't as far fetched as it seems at first glance.

For your information, Valerio Ferrari, Zamperla's top salesman, had a brief stint as Intamin's co-CEO from 2018 to 2021.

Source:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Zamperla is not involved in Top Thrill Dragster. They are getting cozy with Cedar Fair, yes, but not that cozy. Allow me to be blunt.

The apparent Senzafiato overhaul is happening under a very specific and unique set of circumstances. It's a smaller coaster closer to Zamperla that they were able to scoop up as a side project and sell off at a low price.

The notion that Zamperla would even be involved in a project like Top Thrill Dragster is stupid. It's also insulting just how easily people can eat up this kind of misinformation. Step back for a moment and think it through again. We've seen ridiculous things happen in the industry, and this wouldn't be one of them.

Last edited:

jasone

Roller Poster
I mean, I find it hard getting on any Zamperla coaster, let alone getting on one that surpasses 100mph.. 😅

Matt N

CF Legend
I did think that Zamperla was a slightly odd choice for a TTD refurb… I have nothing against Zamperla, but a 400ft, 120mph coaster isn’t really in their wheelhouse at all.

Even Senzafiato is a vastly different ballgame to TTD; I know they’re both hydraulic launch coasters, but Senzafiato is a very small-scale ride compared to TTD. It would be like comparing the B&M Family Inverted Coaster to Alpengeist. Or comparing the B&M Family Wing Coaster being built in Germany to GateKeeper. Even though they technically share the same/similar ride hardware, the scale and complexity is vastly different.